Banda to Utah St?

Advertisement
This is why I’m questioning this

It's not about the money. Probably taking a pay cut but not by much. He would get the call the plays there and then use this as a stepping stone into a P5 job within a year or two if things go well.

Has there been any indication that anyone's job on the defensive staff is under threat? I think most of us have assumed Rumph at the least, but I haven't seen anything.

It's probably politically tough for Manny in addition to not wanting to fire his friends, given that a major reason he was hired was because the defensive side of the ball was doing so well and all that needed fixing was the offense...it's an admission of defeat to now say the defense has fundamental issues as well, sort of invalidates one of the main reasons for hiring him.

That’s not his side of the ball, the Defensive staff was assembled by Diaz being that he’s a Defensive guy.

I just find it funny yall are so sure he’s just gonna load up on all these really good Defensive coaches, because there’s absolutely no evidence that Diaz is apt to do so. His first time to hire a DC he brought in Baker yall are sure he’s gonna replace Banda with a big time coach, like yall are really sure??
He hired coaches on offense that he thought would play the brand of football that best suited Miami in his first go round with major input from Enos. He was completely wrong and made the corrections. The only thing keeping him from not doing it on defense would be stubbornness and money. He can throw big bucks at a good DC and then let that guy have major input on assistants. Manny aint gotta be combing through the assistant ranks for guys. If he hires a new guy to run the defense that guy can do that. If he's stubborn and won't relinquish control or rid himself of Baker that is one thing. Telling Baker to find another job or firing him makes that hiring assistants thing alot easier if he replaces him with the right guy.

Advertisement
Come on banda is not a good coach.. he gets paid like a dc and coaches like a high school coach...he does ok in recruiting but has missed on plenty of targets that he though he was landing.. if Banda leaves that is great... manure needs to find professional coaches like a likens to put on his staff to lead...
0A9FCE65-4522-41AF-B401-200EF51711A8.gif

Definition of falling upwards
You know how many coaches do that like dead ***? Dude really just has the right friends in the right places. If manny fails here it won’t surprise me in the future of Baker ends up coaching at the bigger programs from that point on. Dude has serious ties everywhere

All recruited by Paul Williams.

-Rayshawn was always a baller.
-Redwine will have a decent career, but he definitely took horrendous a angles.
-Jaquan might not even be in the league next season, but he's always been sound.

Gurvan might not get drafted. Amari might not get drafted. Bubba was already legit, but he hit a wall.
tae was ranked top safety last year. Jalen Harrell was very highly rated and Balom is a kid that was very well thought of locally.
James Williams and Kam Kitchens is the best safety duo in this years class. Explain to me how that dude hasnt recruited well.
Keotra Smith got moved to Striker but he was recruited as a safety too.

Advertisement
You also have to look at it this way, banda might be the only defensive coach that can actually get another job at this point.
He might be wondering if he’s still going to be under consideration for these type of jobs if he stays one more year under this defensive scheme.

You know how many coaches do that like dead ***? Dude really just has the right friends in the right places. If manny fails here it won’t surprise me in the future of Baker ends up coaching at the bigger programs from that point on. Dude has serious ties everywhere
It is how the coaching industry functions at all levels

You also have to look at it this way, banda might be the only defensive coach that can actually get another job at this point.
He might be wondering if he’s still going to be under consideration for these type of jobs if he stays one more year under this defensive scheme.
and that is a sad thing. You know you are running a successful program when other teams are trying to poach your staff so they can get better. Yes we want to always keep any good position coaches but if they are not getting looked at for equal or better opportunities then you are hiring the wrong people. Prime example: Alabama and Ohio State have position coaches almost every other year taking better jobs and they just reload with another hire. Wish we could say the same...

Advertisement
I saw somebody wanted surtain as the cb coach. Another american heritage coach thats not gonna even get his own players to come to miami. Lmao. His son and campbell went to the SEC.

Advertisement
Be careful what you wish for...

Banda is the best recruiter we have on Defense, yall are putting your faith in Mauelito to replace him with a better recruiter something he simply hasn’t shown he’s capable of doing on the Defensive side of the ball.

Everybody loves to shît on Banda, but if he leaves just wait until December of 2021 & everybody is pulling their hair out because we missed on every top Safety we went after...

But this is what yall want, so don’t cry when shît gets Arctic cold out there, Banda goes & we’ll be left with Rumph, good luck with that shît lol.
@Liberty City El
Hypothetical question..would losing Banda but getting a replacement in T-Rob offset the potential recruiting losses?

tae was ranked top safety last year. Jalen Harrell was very highly rated and Balom is a kid that was very well thought of locally.
James Williams and Kam Kitchens is the best safety duo in this years class. Explain to me how that dude hasnt recruited well.
Keotra Smith got moved to Striker but he was recruited as a safety too.
Sure, I'll explain --

Hes been here going on 6 seasons and he regularly loses recruiting battles. Hes done well these past two seasons, which I'm happy for, but the misses are glaring and noteworthy. I'm not going to just forget the Jobes and Sherwoods and Stevensons. Our Safety depth sucks as does the development. None of the big boys respect or fear Banda as a recruiter.

Gun to your head --Theres a Safety recruit in our backyard who UF or Bama or LSU really wants. Banda is our primary on him. Who you betting on to win that battle?

He got his clock cleaned by the Zoe up in Nebraska last cycle as well.

We can do better.

Advertisement
Back