Banda to Utah St?

What good is it to be a so called top recruiter when you can't develop the talent?

In 2022 if Banda stays and we land some more top safeties but the one's already in his stable continue to look pedestrian we can at least hang our hats on something i guess.
Are you talking about Mario? That is what he does.

Advertisement
You know what, wtf am I even doing...

Never mind. I’m not about to dissipate the mirage, Diaz is definitely gonna hire a bunch of slam dunk Defensive Coaches...

Good. Luck. With. That. Shît. Lol.
Have said this before. No proven decent DC is going to come here unless he is allowed to run his own defense and hire his own staff. Very iffy that happens.

No one knows for sure what he will do, all the speculation is the exact same thing that was done last season until we saw him fire Enos and then hire Lashlee.

Everyone had an opinion on if Enos would be fired and who would be hired.

Just Let it play out and then judge the results either way

That’s not his side of the ball, the Defensive staff was assembled by Diaz being that he’s a Defensive guy.

I just find it funny yall are so sure he’s just gonna load up on all these really good Defensive coaches, because there’s absolutely no evidence that Diaz is apt to do so. His first time to hire a DC he brought in Baker yall are sure he’s gonna replace Banda with a big time coach, like yall are really sure??

I see it this way, fam --

Id be willing to roll the dice, however unlikely which I acknowledge, on Manny making a decent hire than keeping ANY of these guys we currently have (I actually like Stroud for the record).

We all know Manny loves his Yes men and doesn't want to be challenged, but what good is a 5 star recruit like Williams if he's just going to be coached like dog sheet and in a bull**** scheme where he takes bad angles and is constantly getting targeting penalties?

I hear what you're saying and odds are it's correct, but I'd be willing to gamble that Manny knows he needs to go big on the defense. Might lose that gamble. But I'd take it. I mean he hired Fran Brown once, so he's not that totally lost. Maybe we get lucky.
So the recent NFL safeties from Miami all took bad angles and targeting penalties???

All of them that have played under Manny and Banda??

Advertisement
Come on banda is not a good coach.. he gets paid like a dc and coaches like a high school coach...he does ok in recruiting but has missed on plenty of targets that he though he was landing.. if Banda leaves that is great... manure needs to find professional coaches like a likens to put on his staff to lead...
Banda goes head to head with the bag schools for his top targets and does better than any other coach on staff.Just about everyone of his rec losses have been to Georgia and Bama.

Okay, if you're not mike, you're either a troll or a fool. Banda may not be perfect, but he's easily been our best defesnive recruiter the past several years.
Yes a troll and a fool for thinking the guy ranked 62nd in the nation in recruiting (probably his highest ever) and constantly loses head to head battles and whose players either get drafted low or not at all is replaceable and can be upgraded.

No one knows for sure what he will do, all the speculation is the exact same thing that was done last season until we saw him fire Enos and then hire Lashlee.

Everyone had an opinion on if Enos would be fired and who would be hired.

Just Let it play out and then judge the results either way
That sounds like the theory that you can't sue before an election because the fraud hasn't happened yet, and can't sue after because it's too late to do anything about it. How about folks who wanna discuss it do, and those who don't, don't?

Advertisement
That’s not his side of the ball, the Defensive staff was assembled by Diaz being that he’s a Defensive guy.

I just find it funny yall are so sure he’s just gonna load up on all these really good Defensive coaches, because there’s absolutely no evidence that Diaz is apt to do so. His first time to hire a DC he brought in Baker yall are sure he’s gonna replace Banda with a big time coach, like yall are really sure??
I don't feel confident, I'm just pointing out he hired all the guys on the offensive side of the ball and they seem to be doing well. I agree on the defense, hopefully this time it works out better.

The fact that Banda is wanted confirms to me that he is our best coach on the defensive side of the ball. (i know Baker interviwed for the LSU DC position last year but it was a momentary lapse in judgment by Coach O). Banda is the first of Manny's guys that is wanted. Kuligowski and Simpson left to 'Bama and the pros after a short stint at Miami but both were Richt hires.

It's nice to see that Anderson wants Banda but he would be a massive loss from a recruiting standpoint. The silver lining would be that his departure leads to a complete overhaul of the defense.
No it wasn’t. Baker is wanted too disgustingly enough. I know of several teams that wanted him in some capacity one of which is a nfl team

No but to be fair Baker was seen as a great hire pretty much across the board. But again, so was Enos

Advertisement
Does a Utah State DC really make more than a Miami safety and Co defensive coordinator? More to the point that you would consider moving your family across the country and go from P5 to G5 cellar

Doesnt matter if they are huge rated than those guys listed. Those were his top targets in those cycles and he got abused.

He is currently rated as the 62nd best recruiter in the nation. Saying he's our best recruiter is like saying he's the tallest midget.

I am happy for what he pulled in with Janes Williams and Avantae.

But he is not anyone worth losing sleep over if he leaves and honestly, he ain't that good of a Safety coach either.

He can kick rocks.
62nd best recruiter.....no way....all I read on here is how great of a recruiter he is.....but those are the same porsters that still think dIAZ has a good dEFENSE

So the recent NFL safeties from Miami all took bad angles and targeting penalties???

All of them that have played under Manny and Banda??
All recruited by Paul Williams.

-Rayshawn was always a baller.
-Redwine will have a decent career, but he definitely took horrendous a angles.
-Jaquan might not even be in the league next season, but he's always been sound.

Gurvan might not get drafted. Amari might not get drafted. Bubba was already legit, but he hit a wall.

Advertisement
Does a Utah State DC really make more than a Miami safety and Co defensive coordinator? More to the point that you would consider moving your family across the country and go from P5 to G5 cellar
This is why I’m questioning this

Probably not but do you think banda has any real say in calling plays. Utah state would give him that

Advertisement
Back