Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
It’s been inexperienced for the last 3 years yet we’ve had the #2 ranked defense in the country with even more green coaches...
With a coaching staff compiled of:
3rd year cb coach in college
3rd year safety coach in college
1st year linebacker coach in college
1st year dline coach in college

Our dbs imo have played at an elite level the last 3 years. It’s easily the best play we have had at those 2 positions in a long time. No one said their recruiting is elite but they can coach very well
giphy.gif

And the main dude who made it a #2 defense just got a HC job lol

The defense will be led by a former chiles bartender 6 years ago and a dude who was bringing the donuts/coffee in the morning last year

Advertisement
our dbs are not ELITE. elite is throw around to much. maybe JJ was elite in 2017 but we cant get carried away. we have been diced up at times too. will Banda and Patke make adjustments? i would have trusted jess simpson more to be honest.

Up for db coach of the year and gave up the least amount of passing yards per game in the country.

Just because you say it ain’t elite don’t mean they aren’t. You probably should look around, if Miami dbs ain’t play at an elite level than who’s did?

2F664065-AF2E-48E7-A0B0-35CED96D9EB5.jpeg

Y’all got to relax, they will run the same defense and it’s not like these 2 coaches can’t coach. Both are better recruiters than Diaz as well. Richt did this because he wants to keep the same system and continuity with the defensive coaching staff. If he hired a defensive coordinator they might have wanted to bring in their own assistants.

If this what it takes to hire a dynamic offensive coordinator it’s fine. We have more than enough money to do so and all of the defensive positions are filled. HE HAS to hire an offensive assistant. We will be okay

I’ll take this scenario over hiring someone like tuberville any day.
**** off

Advertisement
Bingo? When Norton and McIntosh left it was gloom and doom, now we were stacked at the DL when it all worked out! Huh! Doritos couldn't coach his way out a paper bag and had depleted talent to work with, but with the same guys Diaz made them super stars in just a year! So now some of you guys think it has nothing to do with coaching! Go figure!

Advertisement
No..you really really can’t because Patke was working heavily with the LBS the season b4 also..and obviously he doesn’t just coach 2 players..it’s the whole LB core..the “striker” is just a fancy name for a safety becoming a OLB put more speed on the field to go against spread looks

I know what a ******* striker is, and I also know that was Patke's primary responsibility. Manny was the primary LB coach. But keep trying to spin this as a good hire, dumbass.

Whenever people like you try to justify this level of incompetence I ask, would this guy be a DC anywhere else in the country? The answer is no and its not even close. Equivalent to the Jon Richt hire.

Bingo? When Norton and McIntosh left it was gloom and doom, now we were stacked at the DL when it all worked out! Huh! Doritos couldn't coach his way out a paper bag and had depleted talent to work with, but with the same guys Diaz made them super stars in just a year! So now some of you guys think it has nothing to do with coaching! Go figure!

I think you're either misreading what I said and or dont know what they're responding to.

The ****? Diaz ran the scheme and Willis was an unknown (not talent wise) so yes there were questions but Willis was already confirmed back and so we're the elite DEs who were already coached by one of the best. I do believe Simpson did well but I also believe any decent coach would be able to emplement Diaz's scheme with those horses and succeeded

Advertisement
VT, UNC, UCLA, Syracuse, USC, etc can bring in established guys. Don't use Bama because we're not on that level.
Richt was an establish guy with pedigree, 15 yrs HC under his belt! So how is that working out if that's what you are going by? You don't have to look far, just check our own back yard! Diaz was also someone people complained about when hired because he had no name, and how did he work out?

Those guya were going regardless. Only one I'm impressed with is Redwine

Excuse me ? That’s absolutely outrageous.

Do you not remember the general opinion of Rayshawn Jenkins and Jamal Carter before the arrival of Banda.

I just can't believe Mork is willing to experiment on two completely green and unproven coaches to properly scheme for opponents and make in game adjustemnts in the brightest of lights on the fly when it's the defense that's bailed him out every year he's been here.

LMAO right now at the thought of Banda vs Mullen.

Mork straight up doesn't give a fvck about his job or is a a ******* ******. Dunno which one is worse.

Advertisement
Back