Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
This may be the best decision due to the timing of: Diaz news, recruits being on campus this weekend; recent number of decommits; and early signing period.
We were very young offensively, and I see major improvements across this unit next season: OL will be much quicker, stronger; and physical. Perry will play more relax and make explosive plays due to: adjusting to speed of college game; and being able to work on timing with WRs over spring and summer. If Homer comes back, Dallas should lose 15 pounds and become slot receiver. Canes will be in ACCG next year!

Elite is pushing it dude. Jess stepped in to a well oiled machine with a beast DT and a great overall roster. Banda and Rumph have done good but I would fall well short on calling it elite and their recruiting is decent but very very far from elite. This whole defensive staff is very inexperienced with absolutely no vet to fall back on
It’s been inexperienced for the last 3 years yet we’ve had the #2 ranked defense in the country with even more green coaches...
With a coaching staff compiled of:
3rd year cb coach in college
3rd year safety coach in college
1st year linebacker coach in college
1st year dline coach in college

Our dbs imo have played at an elite level the last 3 years. It’s easily the best play we have had at those 2 positions in a long time. No one said their recruiting is elite but they can coach very well

Advertisement
He coaches one position -- striker (Finley and smith). He pushed his narrative by pointing out how one player was playing good so my point was that you could make the same argument the other way.
No..you really really can’t because Patke was working heavily with the LBS the season b4 also..and obviously he doesn’t just coach 2 players..it’s the whole LB core..the “striker” is just a fancy name for a safety becoming a OLB put more speed on the field to go against spread looks

Elite is pushing it dude. Jess stepped in to a well oiled machine with a beast DT and a great overall roster. Banda and Rumph have done good but I would fall well short on calling it elite and their recruiting is decent but very very far from elite. This whole defensive staff is very inexperienced with absolutely no vet to fall back on
You got some points but i think experience is a little overrated. Sometimes a guy is just able to get the job done. Jim leonhard has only been coaching 3 years. His 1st year was 2016 as the db coach at wisconsin. Then was promoted to dc in 2017.

It’s been inexperienced for the last 3 years yet we’ve had the #2 ranked defense in the country with even more green coaches...
With a coaching staff compiled of:
3rd year cb coach in college
3rd year safety coach in college
1st year linebacker coach in college
1st year dline coach in college

Our dbs imo have played at an elite level the last 3 years. It’s easily the best play we have had at those 2 positions in a long time. No one said their recruiting is elite but they can coach very well
our dbs are not ELITE. elite is throw around to much. maybe JJ was elite in 2017 but we cant get carried away. we have been diced up at times too. will Banda and Patke make adjustments? i would have trusted jess simpson more to be honest.

Advertisement
can you hear Dan Mullen laughing his *** off ?

Banda will have put Jamal Carter , Rayshawn Jenkins , Jaquan Johnson, and Sheldrick Redwine into the league over three years. That’s actually very ******* good.
Those guya were going regardless. Only one I'm impressed with is Redwine

**** we’ve seen on this staff before hand before that experience is sometimes overrated. Banda, rumph, Jess Simpson we’re first time position coaches at the college level but yet they have coached at an elite level since they’ve been here. The 2 guys know the system and if we hit on our recruits down the stretch AND most importantly richt hires an oc I will Be more than okay with this. This is a much better scenario than having richt completely fvck up and hire a uga retread like John janeck, Willy Martinez and or tommy tuberville or someone like that

I’d take Pedro Martinez over Willie . Dead arm, over the Hill Pedro at that

I didnt Name patke so I dont Get the lb mention.

Our safety and cb play overall in all 3 years have been great so credit to both of those 2 coaches at those respective positions. They have put their coaching on their tape and can be given that label imo. Simpson coached at an elite level this year, we will see what he does without Gerald and possibly joe Jackson but I definitely like what I’ve seen out of him.

And the notion that no one stood out at safety other than Jaquan is just false especially his year. I truly Believe redwine had the better year out of the two and he’s been very solid in 2018.

Not disagreeing at all. Just advising to hold off such big titles.

We have had decent units at best over the years, with the 2017's DL being the only elite one. Dont confuse good with elite.

Advertisement
And when we have a top 10 D next year what will y’all say??.. it’s about the culture change that manny brought to that D. Keep the culture rolling rather than start from scratch and hiring WHOLE NEW Defensive staff..why our fans can’t fully understand that part is beyond me. Y’all act as if Banda was not mannys 1st assistant of choice his last 2 successful stops and was a huge part of this Ds success this year

“And when we have a top 10 D next year what will y’all say??..”

And if we don’t...what will you say??

Advertisement
He's been a nole longer than a cane and he was carrying Jim Kelly's jockstraps here. Lived happily in SEC country ignoring his 'alumni'
Once Richt is eventually fired, he will move out of Miami immediately. He doesn't fit in down here at all. He's much more of a nole than a Cane. It's not even close to be honest.

Advertisement
Back