Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Alabama has 4 defensive coaches:
  1. Defensive Line (AHC)
  2. Defensive Coordinator / Outside Linebackers
  3. Co-Defensive Coordinator / Inside Linebackers
  4. Defensive Backs
And also people like DJ Durkin as consultants. Lulz. Fire Rorcht

Advertisement
If Richt pulled this move with our defense ranked in the middle of the pack then I would feel like you do. But the fact that these guys are some of the top in their game makes this easier to swallow.

Jess is much better than Kul was. Banda was being mentioned with some of the top coaches around the league. Another thing, we tried all angles chasing coaches and it seems none worked out. No name Diaz hire was the first to produce at a high level so I’m willing to give these nonames a shot to keep with what’s working!
Diaz was waaaaaaaaaaay more experienced than a bartender and a GA. LULZ welcome to the U!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If I’m rumph I might Feel slighted if I dont Get at least a raise...., I mean 2 2nd year coaches getting raises like co dc and assistant head coach when your group has consistently been a force the last 3 years with progression out of players every year?
Arguably has been the most consistent coach the last 3 years out of any position on the team...

This ain’t just because I like Rumph but just being real about the situation

I like Rumph. His recruiting is meh, but he's a **** good coach.

For the life of me how does Patke become a co-DC as a 2nd year coach? How?

And at least Rumph has landed players as a recruiter. Who has Patke ever landed? I keep hearing about how great of a recruiter he is? Who the fck has he landed!??!?!?!!?

Advertisement
**** we’ve seen on this staff before hand before that experience is sometimes overrated. Banda, rumph, Jess Simpson we’re first time position coaches at the college level but yet they have coached at an elite level since they’ve been here. The 2 guys know the system and if we hit on our recruits down the stretch AND most importantly richt hires an oc I will Be more than okay with this. This is a much better scenario than having richt completely fvck up and hire a uga retread like John janeck, Willy Martinez and or tommy tuberville or someone like that
Probably should have hold off of the "elite" title until after next season. Our LB play was stagnant for the most part, no one made an impact at S besides Jaquan, and we already had beasts at DT and DE so Simpson's job wasnt the toughest.

He would need to terminate a coach to hire a new DC and OC. We also likely lose a few of our defensive coaches in the process. Richt made the safe hire for a man that doesn't want to get fired and does not want to fire his son. He now has the spot and money to hire a big-time coordinator.

“He now has the spot and money to hire a big-time coordinator.”

Is there any actual evidence that this is something that will actually happen?
Because unless I missed something all evidence is to the contrary.

Advertisement
Back