Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

He would need to terminate a coach to hire a new DC and OC. We also likely lose a few of our defensive coaches in the process. Richt made the safe hire for a man that doesn't want to get fired and does not want to fire his son. He now has the spot and money to hire a big-time coordinator.
After signing day 2 coaches still need to go imo. Searels is dead weight on the trail this year as he completely whiffed and richt can moves to a player personnel position or get a promotion at some small school. That’s what richt should be pushing for at this point

Advertisement
There's an old football saying that if you have two defensive coordinators, you really have none.

Oh, you say there is no such saying? Could that be because no one's ever been dumb enough to do this?

I'm at the edge now. Should I just end it all?

Assume the lotus position and regain your composure.
yMJewtj2eVJ0Q.gif

Lazy all it is.
Didn’t even try.
Good luck hoping he hires an OC.
You are going to be very disappointed.
This is inexcusable and I’m surprised you are falling for it.
If it plays out okay and we get an offensive coordinator and a few other things I’ll be not estastic but okay with it

Advertisement
Brock. He could've hired a dynamic DC as well as a dynamic OC. One didn't happen and i'm not holding out hope the other will.

This is a program that should compete with other top programs for the best coaches. Not hire unproven asst that haven't been in the game long. Just to keep continuity or a system.

Other top programs lose out on coaches too. They don't jump to promote coach x whom was just a GA not long ago too DC.
Say it again for the people in the back!

As much as our fans don't want or like to hear it, these types of moves are the ones that make our fans become OK with mediocrity across the board. I'm not saying Patke/Banda wont do a good job but that the admin could have shelved out some extra $$ for a proven guy AND kept Patke/Banda.

He would need to terminate a coach to hire a new DC and OC. We also likely lose a few of our defensive coaches in the process. Richt made the safe hire for a man that doesn't want to get fired and does not want to fire his son. He now has the spot and money to hire a big-time coordinator.

I don't agree necessarily. If we bring in a big-time OC, what does Jon do? What about the titles they gave Dugans and Brown? If anything, our staff would be lopsided. We would have 6 offensive coaches and only 4 defensive.....and 2 of those guys have to split their focus between coordinator duties and position responsibilities. Since Richt is an offensive guy, that doesn't help the D.

Advertisement
I'm sure Diaz would've found room for one of his friends and it Richts fault for hiring his son. Whom he seems to not be able to fire. The program shouldn't suffer for his failures. It also says a lot if Diaz nor Temple would take Banda or Patke.

@#26-MEAST, the guy you quoted that said "This was the best move possible from a recruiting standpoint." he must be joking...right??
Because the best hire would have been a REAL DC, THAT would have saved recruiting. Kids these days want to play for winners.

This sucks!

The guy he quoted is the Cuban DBJ and let me tell you....the real DBJ couldn’t spin as much BS for Richt as that dude can

I don't agree necessarily. If we bring in a big-time OC, what does Jon do? What about the titles they gave Dugans and Brown? If anything, our staff would be lopsided. We would have 6 offensive coaches and only 4 defensive.....and 2 of those guys have to split their focus between coordinator duties and position responsibilities. Since Richt is an offensive guy, that doesn't help the D.
We would have 3 OC not counting Richt.

Advertisement
After signing day 2 coaches still need to go imo. Searels is dead weight on the trail this year as he completely whiffed and richt can moves to a player personnel position or get a promotion at some small school. That’s what richt should be pushing for at this point

You are dreaming of you think Richt is firing anyone on offense

Please stop. The overall grade and quality of this staff is not even at a Power 5 level. We are a joke and have no marquee name on the defensive side.
How did they rank on defense with the other P5 programs with your marquee names? Please stop with your nonsense because results is all that matters. Now let’s talk offense because that’s where the problem lies.

Advertisement
How did the rank on defense with the other P5 programs with your marquee names? Please stop with your nonsense because results is all that matters. Now let’s talk offense because that’s where the problem lies.

The heart of the defense was Diax so good move.. all programs go outside and hire with a bang because they know name recognition is key. MR just inbread like a sectarian cult allowing the crap to grow

Advertisement
Back