Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

This is a risky move, but I think both Banda and Simpson are super stars. Experience matters, but sometimes dudes stand out even with little experience.

In my business I know talented young guys with very little experience that run circles around very experienced and respected guys. On a huge $1+ billion project I am on the youngest member of the team (38 years old) is running **** and old dudes (all above 45, most in their 50s) respect it and follow his lead because they all know he is the top dog. Super stars are stars early.

Works both ways. I have seen what you stated, specifically in the Tech/Computer world......but in my industry it's the opposite. You have to put your time in and prove yourself. I have seen a lot of young, green employees promoted and they just weren't ready. They didn't have the experience of seeing it all and dealing with people, and were never groomed properly, so they continue to struggle and our business is suffering for it.

I'm all about young up-and-comers.....if a guy is legit, he's legit. It's just better to do that when you surround that guy with more experience for him to lean on a bit. Our staff as a whole is GREEN.....and the guys who's the least green is the guy with the worst unit (Searels). Not only does that concern me, but the perception is bad for a variety of reasons.

Advertisement
This is a risky move, but I think both Banda and Simpson are super stars. Experience matters, but sometimes dudes stand out even with little experience.

In my business I know talented young guys with very little experience that run circles around very experienced and respected guys. On a huge $1+ billion project I am on the youngest member of the team (38 years old) is running **** and old dudes (all above 45, most in their 50s) respect it and follow his lead because they all know he is the top dog. Super stars are stars early.

So F'in true. I hate hearing people say "he doesn't have the experience". It's an excuse that is used way too often to keep people down. Sometimes it's true esoecially when a person is going from one trade to another but the only way a person gets experience is by doing the **** job. These guys have worked and sweated with Diaz and deserve this chance. Let's see how they all do before we forecast that Miami is done as a program.

The young guy running the show proved his worth. He obviously was successful running other projects, so he gets a bigger one.

These guys haven’t run anything.

Y’all got to relax, they will run the same defense and it’s not like these 2 coaches can’t coach. Both are better recruiters than Diaz as well. Richt did this because he wants to keep the same system and continuity with the defensive coaching staff. If he hired a defensive coordinator they might have wanted to bring in their own assistants.

If this what it takes to hire a dynamic offensive coordinator it’s fine. We have more than enough money to do so and all of the defensive positions are filled. HE HAS to hire an offensive assistant. We will be okay

I’ll take this scenario over hiring someone like tuberville any day.
Brock. He could've hired a dynamic DC as well as a dynamic OC. One didn't happen and i'm not holding out hope the other will.

This is a program that should compete with other top programs for the best coaches. Not hire unproven asst that haven't been in the game long. Just to keep continuity or a system.

Other top programs lose out on coaches too. They don't jump to promote coach x whom was just a GA not long ago too DC.

Advertisement
Y’all got to relax, they will run the same defense and it’s not like these 2 coaches can’t coach. Both are better recruiters than Diaz as well. Richt did this because he wants to keep the same system and continuity with the defensive coaching staff. If he hired a defensive coordinator they might have wanted to bring in their own assistants.

If this what it takes to hire a dynamic offensive coordinator it’s fine. We have more than enough money to do so and all of the defensive positions are filled. HE HAS to hire an offensive assistant. We will be okay

I’ll take this scenario over hiring someone like tuberville any day.

Would you take this scenario over hiring Corey Raymond?
I wouldn’t.
And in what universe do you get any indication Richt will hire an OC!!!!

Advertisement
Richt gon' Richt. Figured something like this would happen but there was a small bit of hope that it wouldn't. Hope this is temporary until after the bowl. This isnt inspiring nor does it move the needle in recruiting, which we really need right now.

All it does for me is verify that lil Richt and Searels aren't going anywhere. He's going to keep the most "Yes" men around him in fear that a high-priority coordinator will get poached.

Advertisement
Brock. He could've hired a dynamic DC as well as a dynamic OC. One didn't happen and i'm not holding out hope the other will.

This is a program that should compete with other top programs for the best coaches. Not hire unproven asst that haven't been in the game long. Just to keep continuity or a system.

Other top programs lose out on coaches too. They don't jump to promote coach x whom was just a GA not long ago too DC.

He would need to terminate a coach to hire a new DC and OC. We also likely lose a few of our defensive coaches in the process. Richt made the safe hire for a man that doesn't want to get fired and does not want to fire his son. He now has the spot and money to hire a big-time coordinator.

I'd rather just cut too the chase and have Kendal Briles. You now have amateur hour on both sides of the ball.

This is suppose to be a premier program. That should be competing with other of the same type for coaches.

The faster moderators and poster realize that we are not a premiere program and reflect that in the forum the better. We are a lower P5 program just all over

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back