Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
I keep hearing and reading this was because they’re great recruiters, funny last time I checked we had 10 3 stars committed, 6 kids decommit in 24 hours, and were flipping kids from App state. I’ll wait til feb. but I’m waiting to see these “great recruiters”.

Look at the classes in 2017 and 2018. Proves they can recruit.

And if Richt actually hires a beast OC, he will prove all of us wrong. And if he makes another lazy move like promoting DVD to a coach position, we are still worse off than we were 1 week ago. There's literally no way we are better off now than if we kept Manny or hired a big name DC with our $1-1.5M UNLESS he actually hires an OC. Odds of that happening...horrible at best.
We weren't keep Manny, period. Word already broke that we offered to make him one of the highest paid coordinators in the country and he turned it down. He wanted to be a HC, his stock was probably ad high as it was going to get at Miami (especially considering the issues we are dealing with on offense) and temple had put, what, 5 straight HCs into P5 jobs? It was the right move for Manny. 100%. So keeping Manny isn't part of the analysis anymore.

Advertisement
If I’m rumph I might Feel slighted if I dont Get at least a raise...., I mean 2 2nd year coaches getting raises like co dc and assistant head coach when your group has consistently been a force the last 3 years with progression out of players every year?
Arguably has been the most consistent coach the last 3 years out of any position on the team...

This ain’t just because I like Rumph but just being real about the situation

Last edited:
Man Idk wtf is going on!!! I guess he did it to salvage recruiting. Everyone calm down and let’s give this MF one season to prove that he knows what he’s doing. Now we don’t have to give him anymore time with the offense bc we’ve already seen what happened with that. So if he doesn’t hire a big time OC then Stone his *** & I’m all for it. But let’s give this DC **** one season and see what happens. If it fails then his *** is outta here!!!!!

CMR May have reached out to dudes but they probably wanted to clean house and bring their own dudes in And start changing everything from striker to scheme and blitz packages.
I talked about handing the Keyes to the race car analogy.
But at least the dude holding the Keyes has been driving shotgun for a year. And the dudes in the backseat have been here for 3.
Cmr took “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it approach.
I just hope he figures out that on his side of the ball
he’s getting lapped and needs to bring in a Michael Schumacher to take ove the wheel.

Advertisement
Like you know what recruits look at. Recruits don't give two ***** about Xs and Os as long as they get to ball. You read all these respect the decision tweets and you think most of the kids are high level thinkers? Convince them they'll get to look good and get to the pros in your defense. Banda - point to turning Redwine from a mediocre CB to a big time safety. Show them what you did with Jaquan. Patke - point to turning Finley from a backup forgotten safety into big time player at striker. Rinse and Repeat.

**** good points.

Richt may have also been in a position to lose at least two of them Manny probably offered them the same gig at Temple, plus a raise with the same associate head coach title for Simpson.

We couldnt afford a total exodus of all the coaches.

they were invited to temples staff

Advertisement
CMR May have reached out to dudes but they probably wanted to clean house and bring their own dudes in And start changing everything from striker to scheme and blitz packages.
I talked about handing the Keyes to the race car analogy.
But at least the dude holding the Keyes has been driving shotgun for a year. And the dudes in the backseat have been here for 3.
Cmr took “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it approach.
I just hope he figures out that on his side of the ball
he’s getting lapped and needs to bring in a Michael Schumacher to take ove the wheel.

Didn't think of this aspect in CMR making this decision. Good point and probably true.

Advertisement
Richt could have just easily given them raises though. Now he has thrown all titles he can at these guys. What happens next year when someone tries to poach them?

- Banda - up & comer but a fat raise likely would have kept him from going to Temple
- Patke - a year removed from being a no one. Made him Co DC wayyyyyyyyy too early. There was little to no risk of him leaving and could have been easily replaced
- Simpson - seems like a beast but again could have given him a raise and held off on the Co AC title till next year if needed

Only good news for the D, is we know they will run the exact same D. I was concerned Richt would do some stupid **** like bring in a DC with a new philosophy. Instead he did some stupid **** in giving titles too soon and creating a defensive coaching staff that looks like it belongs to Temple under Diaz. Bold move cotton, let's see how it plays out...

I would also assume since we didn't blow $1-1.5M on a new DC (I have to imagine total raises to these three was no more than $500K but im completely guessing), we have more for a new OC & QB coach (or new OL & ST coach as well if im dreaming). But let's be honest, we aren't getting any of that. Richt is way too loyal to his coaches and way too stubborn to change course.
Rational thought alert

Advertisement
Back