Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

well for one, patke could've gone to temple.

richt also could've promoted him to LB coach from OLB or simply given him a raise to keep him. promoting him all the way to DC would suggest richt really respects him. maybe he's wrong! but richt has been more right than wrong on hires here, especially on the defensive side of the ball where he pretty much hasn't missed.

Advertisement
Do we have room on the staff to hire a Beast OC, since Richt simply promoted? I don’t think he will, although I have heard that the Briles To Tally Thing didn’t quite get done.

We are so ****ed without a rubber and Vaseline. I am talking raw dog. What happened to that National search?

So, let me get this straight. Our Co-Defensive coordinators have a combined four years of Collegiate coaching experience.

You can't make this **** up.

National search ????!
That would require airfare!!!
Fvck that !!!!
Our retired in place HC has to make the early bird at the ponderosa

if he was the most wanted then diaz would have been trying to take him to Temple, correct? Richt did the right thing to stop the bleeding!
Stop the bleeding is short term thinking. Bringing in a big name DC would have stopped the bleeding and more. Either way, i'm with you let's give them a chance and see how it works out. **** if they suck, they more likely Richt gets fired sooner. Win win? LOL

Mork the nole doing this shlt on purpose.
best post.gif

Advertisement
full

I really hope not a single person buys this ****. And if you do, you deserve the disappointment you're gonna feel.

Get this bozo Mark Richt the fvck outta here. What a fvckin trash *** coach.

Fvck this guy.
I would say that if he doesn't fix the offense. But he did what he had to do to stop the bleeding and keep the DF the same!

At the end of the day, I gotta think that people act logically... People don't do irrational things, especially when their job is potentially on the line.

There are 2 logical reasons for this hire (that are not mutually exclusive):
1) Richt is setting aside budget and staff room for an OC hire
2) Richt truly believes that Patke and Banda are objectively good DC hires, or at least steals at the price

I'm okay with the hires if 1 and/or 2 are true...

Should add a 3: with some key OVs this weekend on defense you want to keep that side as stable as possible to keep those recruits in the fold. They were probably being mostly recruited by them anyways.

Advertisement
The same people who complain about recruiting are complaining about this move. That’s comical. This was the best move possible from a recruiting standpoint. Not only for class of 2019 but for class of 2020 even more.

Are we recruiting morons? Anyone with half a brain can see that this dumb *** move is amateur hour. I'd say this will drive more away but I think there are only crickets left.

All that inexperience on the defensive side screams having the HC to be involved. It's fine if you think Banda is going to be a star but he can't be the guy who runs the whole side of the ball without oversight. Hire a **** experienced OC and oversee both sides of the ball. This staff on paper is a disaster.

Do we have room on the staff to hire a Beast OC, since Richt simply promoted. I don’t think he will, although I have heard that the Briles To Tally Thing didn’t quite get done.

If Richt brought in Briles, then this entire board including myself will ******* bow down and kiss his feet. But something tells me ol Richt aint that clever. Dude is riding this out his way. Either he'll win as his own playcaller or go retire in the keys with his $20M buyout.

Advertisement

well for one, patke could've gone to temple.

richt also could've promoted him to LB coach from OLB or simply given him a raise to keep him. promoting him all the way to DC would suggest richt really respects him. maybe he's wrong! but richt has been more right than wrong on hires here, especially on the defensive side of the ball where he pretty much hasn't missed.

Missed on the entire offensive staff so playing the odds it’s only a matter of time

People do care because it makes the program look like ****, yes it probably won’t matter down the line but let’s not pretend we’re not about to lose Solomon,

I’m sure they were a part of it, I’m sure manny didn’t do it all. But frankly I think there’s going to be a stiff learning curve, and unfortunately our offense will provide 0 cushion for them. I wish they would’ve went with someone proven. This all ****es me off because I love the program, and i can’t stand watching it go to **** for about the 3rd time in a row.
I also think that this frees up money for a big OC, im probably just being overly optimistic though.

Advertisement
I would say that if he doesn't fix the offense. But he did what he had to do to stop the bleeding and keep the DF the same!

It's a terrible resolution.

I don't want Manny Diaz's defense if Manny Diaz isn't calling the plays. These two dudes have a combined handful of years coaching...never called a defense in their life. I personally have more experience calling plays in optimist football than these two yes men do in their lives combine.

Fvck outta here.

Guys making it like Patke and Banda learned from Buddy Ryan during 80's.

Diaz was not that guy. I'm not going to trash the man but he wasn't that guy.

This was a lazy hire and you better hope. That Richt hires a top OC. These 2 young dudes will need bailing out next year.

Advertisement
Back