Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Common guys! Lets give everybody a title! Do you know for sure he didn't get a raise? Or are you just worried about a title? His time commeth!

Maybe Rumph did get a raise but a title is what will get him his next big gig. Cant imagine he wants to be a DB coach forever

Advertisement
Richt may have also been in a position to lose at least two of them Manny probably offered them the same gig at Temple, plus a raise with the same associate head coach title for Simpson.

We couldnt afford a total exodus of all the coaches.

Advertisement
oh boy.jpg

Titles matter because its a stepping stone on their resume. But you are correct in that all that matters is results. Good news is we know they will the same D. My main question is can they call plays and can they make HALF TIME ADJUSTMENTS something Manny was a master at this year
Titles matter because its a stepping stone on their resume. But you are correct in that all that matters is results. Good news is we know they will the same D. My main question is can they call plays and can they make HALF TIME ADJUSTMENTS something Manny was a master at this year
So you think they had no input? That's why you huddle on the sidelines on timeouts and have team meeting at halftime so all can put there heads together. These guys are no dummy if they are able to coach up there position to rank in the top nationally! Lets give them a chance bro!

Advertisement
Richt could have just easily given them raises though. Now he has thrown all titles he can at these guys. What happens next year when someone tries to poach them?

- Banda - up & comer but a fat raise likely would have kept him from going to Temple
- Patke - a year removed from being a no one. Made him Co DC wayyyyyyyyy too early. There was little to no risk of him leaving and could have been easily replaced
- Simpson - seems like a beast but again could have given him a raise and held off on the Co AC title till next year if needed

Only good news for the D, is we know they will run the exact same D. I was concerned Richt would do some stupid **** like bring in a DC with a new philosophy. Instead he did some stupid **** in giving titles too soon and creating a defensive coaching staff that looks like it belongs to Temple under Diaz. Bold move cotton, let's see how it plays out...

I would also assume since we didn't blow $1-1.5M on a new DC (I have to imagine total raises to these three was no more than $500K but im completely guessing), we have more for a new OC & QB coach (or new OL & ST coach as well if im dreaming). But let's be honest, we aren't getting any of that. Richt is way too loyal to his coaches and way too stubborn to change course.
If someone tries to poach them next year then we'll have a top 25 defence again. I'm ok with that.

full

I really hope not a single person buys this ****. And if you do, you deserve the disappointment you're gonna feel.

Get this bozo Mark Richt the fvck outta here. What a fvckin trash *** coach.

Fvck this guy.

Advertisement
Maybe Rumph did get a raise but a title is what will get him his next big gig. Cant imagine he wants to be a DB coach forever
if he was the most wanted then diaz would have been trying to take him to Temple, correct? Richt did the right thing to stop the bleeding!

Advertisement
That’s the final nail in the coffin for Richt.

Why? Because he elevated three men who deserved their promotion and it also frees up a space to hire an OC? And it also helps with recruiting and keeping the current kids from thinking of transferring...or is it because it doesn't matter what Richt did he would have received crap for it anyways.

Advertisement
Back