Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

I'm not saying Banda/Patke/Simpson are/are not the right hires.

What I will say is HC/DC/OC "skill sets" and "hire was good/bad" has reached Brobdingnagian proportions of distortion.

The screams of who is/is not qualified doesn't align with reality.

About ANY individual with proven successful leadership of a large organization could be a successful DC/OC/HC. Will they be perfect on day one? Hardly. Will they have quite a bit figured out by end of the week? If they are worth their salt, 1000000% they will.

How many "hot name" hires turn out to be busts? Here's a hint, more than no name hires.

I'm not calling into question Aranda's DC cred, but how many points were scored by the opponent in LSU's losses? Aranda makes HOW MUCH?

The decision at Miami is made, let's see how this plays out.

This is a rock solid take.

Advertisement
As far as Banda going to Temple....smart move by Manolo.

IF Manny y Banda are as close as rumored, bringing Banda is the WRONG decision. Manny is HC. Do you know how many friends on the staff he has or needs?

ZERO.

To be truly free for clear and level headed decision making, Manny must realize two things:

1) He is not "one of them"
2) He is not a "part of them"

He is the HC, and as such, is charged to make ruthless amd heartless decisions about the well being of the team.

Think Saban has "friends" on his staff? Think Jimmy had "friends" on his staff? Not so much they wouldn't run them.over with team bus if necessary to make the right changes. And I mean literally, not figuratively.

To me, it's actually encouraging Banda isn't going to Temple--and I hope Manny was the one who said, "you better get right with your current job".

That's what so disturbing about Mark/Jon Richt. He brought him on staff, AND James and BoT ALLOWED it.

HUGE..H U G E red flag that some of us stated from.day one...

And we are right...

As I recall, there were several on this board howling, caterwauling I dare say, over Manolo being brought on board.

He's a journeyman, his dad was Mayor (true), the Texas loss at BYU (gave up a D'No-esque 553 rushing yards)!

Miami is doomed, they have given up on football!

Oye vey.
Ijust posted the same thing...lol

There's an old football saying that if you have two defensive coordinators, you really have none.

Oh, you say there is no such saying? Could that be because no one's ever been dumb enough to do this?

I'm at the edge now. Should I just end it all?

Advertisement
We are so ****ed without a rubber and Vaseline. I am talking raw dog. What happened to that National search?

So, let me get this straight. Our Co-Defensive coordinators have a combined four years of Collegiate coaching experience.

You can't make this **** up.

Who gives a dam about titles! means nothing if you can't coach anyway! I want to see the finish product! Thats the only thing that counts!! They can call them Emperor King Goliath for all I care! It's about can these guys keep that defensive train rolling in the right direction!! PERIOD!!

Titles matter because its a stepping stone on their resume. But you are correct in that all that matters is results. Good news is we know they will the same D. My main question is can they call plays and can they make HALF TIME ADJUSTMENTS something Manny was a master at this year

Advertisement
The same people who complain about recruiting are complaining about this move. That’s comical. This was the best move possible from a recruiting standpoint. Not only for class of 2019 but for class of 2020 even more.

So this is the one move for recruiting?? Really???

LOL at Patke being Co DC and Rumph getting nothing. Not that im a huge Rumph fan with his recruiting failures but he has to be ******* ****ed
Common guys! Lets give everybody a title! Do you know for sure he didn't get a raise? Or are you just worried about a title? His time commeth!

Look i said it beofre diaz is overated as **** this defense coupd of been top 10 with me coaching it we had one of the easiest schedules in the country as we played not one team that even resembled a decent offense so yes diaz was all smoke and mirrors but still to make a lazy hire like this at a program like this is absolutely ****** pathetic

Advertisement
Advertisement
New heirarchy

Richt
Simpson
Brown
Dugans
Banda
Patke
Hartley
Searels
Rumph