Banda-Patke co-dc, Simpson associate head coach

Advertisement
Advertisement
Richt could have just easily given them raises though. Now he has thrown all titles he can at these guys. What happens next year when someone tries to poach them?

- Banda - up & comer but a fat raise likely would have kept him from going to Temple
- Patke - a year removed from being a no one. Made him Co DC wayyyyyyyyy too early. There was little to no risk of him leaving and could have been easily replaced
- Simpson - seems like a beast but again could have given him a raise and held off on the Co AC title till next year if needed

Only good news for the D, is we know they will run the exact same D. I was concerned Richt would do some stupid **** like bring in a DC with a new philosophy. Instead he did some stupid **** in giving titles too soon and creating a defensive coaching staff that looks like it belongs to Temple under Diaz. Bold move cotton, let's see how it plays out...

I would also assume since we didn't blow $1-1.5M on a new DC (I have to imagine total raises to these three was no more than $500K but im completely guessing), we have more for a new OC & QB coach (or new OL & ST coach as well if im dreaming). But let's be honest, we aren't getting any of that. Richt is way too loyal to his coaches and way too stubborn to change course.
Who gives a dam about titles! means nothing if you can't coach anyway! I want to see the finish product! Thats the only thing that counts!! They can call them Emperor King Goliath for all I care! It's about can these guys keep that defensive train rolling in the right direction!! PERIOD!!

Just what I expected. Is there any place as clueless and cheap as Miami with respect to its athletic department, especially football.JUST DROP THE DAMNED PROGRAM, you phucking idiots!
They let Mark take total control and dont have the balls to tell him otherwise, I get it its year 3. Im sure next year this cat getting the can theres no way James can just sit there next year and do nothing.

Advertisement
Diaz turned things around in one year with the right scheme! We knew nothing about him before he got here. He had the right idea to implement his scheme with the players he could coach from this area! Now that I'm over the shock, I think these guys should at least be given the chance! I think I can be successful as the coach with the talent from SFL if the scheme is right!! I'm beginning to actually like the hire!!
No , You forget when he was hired, All the *****ing about how his defenses at Mississippi st and Texas sucked and what a horrible coach he is.... Now 3 years later hes sainted, Saint Manny.

Advertisement
yc0ixvygva901.jpg

We have reached a new level of insanity with people actually defending this move.
Literally the laziest hire we could have made.

Advertisement
nobody gives a **** about those 2020 kids decommitting, If im not mistaking the App state kid is on the offensive side of the ball, and majority of our top commits are on the defensive side of the ball.
People do care because it makes the program look like ****, yes it probably won’t matter down the line but let’s not pretend we’re not about to lose Solomon,
I can see where your coming from, but if you think manny comes up with adjustments ideas and game planning by himself, then your mistaking. Manny was the head and made the final decisions but its not like he came up with every adjustment, and game planning idea. Who is in the booth telling Manny all those holes in the defense that the offense is exploiting, Im pretty sure its Banda.
I’m sure they were a part of it, I’m sure manny didn’t do it all. But frankly I think there’s going to be a stiff learning curve, and unfortunately our offense will provide 0 cushion for them. I wish they would’ve went with someone proven. This all ****es me off because I love the program, and i can’t stand watching it go to **** for about the 3rd time in a row.

Advertisement
Back