Banda Gone To Utah St.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Gutting the defensive side of the ball is useless without a new DC with his own defense and philosophy.
Agreed. Another 'yes' man is NOT the answer. Surely they can find another guy with a different type of attacking defense.

Advertisement
Wait...if Banda doesn't take Patke or DVD then what other position coaches would he take? I'm not referring to the the analysts.

Would he take Rumph? Doubtful. Stroud?
No position coaches. Won’t speak on Rumph I mean he won’t be working here so I guess it’s possible but not in the plan.

I was told he was bringing an off-field guy for DL. I assumed Jake Swalley at first but I found out it was Devine. Then Zuckerman will be his LB coach I believe. I assume Banda will coach Safeties, and that leaves a CB coach if they build the staff similar to us.

No position coaches. Won’t speak on Rumph I mean he won’t be working here so I guess it’s possible but not in the plan.

I was told he was bringing an off-field guy for DL. I assumed Jake Swalley at first but I found out it was Devine. Then Zuckerman will be his LB coach I believe. I assume Banda will coach Safeties, and that leaves a CB coach if they build the staff similar to us.

Thank you for sharing!

Advertisement
Have to think Brown will be a top target on a new defensive staff.
That’s who Manny *wants*

I’d put the odds at about 10% on him. Highly paid and well regarded and he’s essentially at home.

He’d need a raise here - Rutgers would likely match it. And he already makes as much or close to what Baker makes and he’s a secondary coach.

It would have to involve him calling plays. Probably similar to what Cribby has alluded to in baker taking a demotion to co-dc and not the play caller.

That’s who Manny *wants*

I’d put the odds at about 10% on him. Highly paid and well regarded and he’s essentially at home.

He’d need a raise here - Rutgers would likely match it. And he already makes as much or close to what Baker makes and he’s a secondary coach.

It would have to involve him calling plays. Probably similar to what Cribby has alluded to in baker taking a demotion to co-dc and not the play caller.
LOL. We’d be able to grab any coach from Rutgers. Banda and Patke made a combined mill. They both won’t be here.

Advertisement
That’s who Manny *wants*

That all makes sense. I’m thinking Manny might let him call plays. That would be the way to get him. Probably the only way. Manny clearly likes him and he was going to call the defense at Temple.

Banda seemed to do really well in developing guys who had low ceilings (guys like him).. play with ur smarts play sound.. they bought into his coaching... the higher end athletes we have at saftey now.. bolden and hall in particular don’t seem to take to his coaching style from what we see on Saturdays
what are you talking about? Jaqaun, Jamal Carter, and Redwine all improved when he got here. knowles was the only low ceiling guy we had. Redwine wasn't a stud but hes in the league. I dont love Mannys defense but it was alot better than baker. His timing was better and his blitzes were more strategic.

Can we just get Rocky Long? He can bring a few younger guys with him when he inevitably retires.

Advertisement
My prediction on the rest:

— Rumph is shown the door.

— Patke relegated to special teams only.

— Stroud moved back to an off-the-field role. Will be replaced by a quality DL coach.

— New coach hired to tweak the scheme, call plays on defense, and coach the entire secondary.

— Baker demoted to coaching all LBs. He will maintain the title of “Co-DC,” but will not be calling plays anymore.

Not the wholesale changes that most of us hoped for, but Diaz now has no one to blame but himself if this fails. If we have another lackluster year, he will be gone.
If this is the ultimate outcome, I can actually live with it. As long as Baker isn’t in charge of calling defensive plays and can only ***** up one unit (the LBs) which suck now anyway and can’t really get any worse, that’s at least a reasonable outcome. I’m not sure what Baker would actually have to do to get fired at this point but seems like he hasn’t done it yet.

I’m sorry but I feel like if you have failed as a defensive coordinator there shouldn’t be a co-coordinator brought in to compensate for your failure. Fire Baker and take his cash and what you will pay the co-coordinator and go get the best money can buy. I don’t understand this at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back