Ban Him

Ban NY

• Yes

Votes: 84 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 222 72.5%

• Total voters
Advertisement
A better poll would be whether he starts too many threads, for starters.
I can see that the Silent Majority is exactly that. If you look at the reaction lists there's a lot of folks missing that I know how they would react.
The Schtick-King is now the Click-King and his followers are zealots.

This guy made it worse by starting an outright ban thread... and he has no clout on the board. He’s a newer poster.

Even a poll like guys raised would get flack but it would get more support if worded carefully. Instead, guys are circling the wagons around NY.

Last edited:
Advertisement
i don’t like the constant spamming of new non miami threads. however, i don’t have to open them. sometime i see something i find interesting and join in. my point... it’s a free ******* world. nystateofmind is always a classy and friendly Canes Fan. Family matters! GTFO trying to ban someone for being engaged. 🙌

This guy made it worse by starting an outright ban thread... and he has no clout on the board. He’s a newer poster.

Even a poll like you guys raised would get flack but it would get more support if worded carefully. Instead, guys are circling the wagons around NY.
In a nutshell, who are we to decide. NYSTATEOFMIND is probably one of the great folks on here. I'm not judging anyone on this site. I'm not perfect but will say, he doesn't judge people. He's passionate about the university of MIAMI. It's all good in my corner

Advertisement
In a nutshell, who are we to decide. NYSTATEOFMIND is probably one of the great folks on here. I'm not judging anyone on this site. I'm not perfect but will say, he doesn't judge people. He's passionate about the university of MIAMI. It's all good in my corner
He’s a very good football poster when he does that and he brings a lot of relevant topics to the board. The shtick thing is tired to me but he’s cut that back some. The mass-thread starting, especially with many non-canes topics, is a legit complaint to me. It’s the issue I hear most about

The OP started a ban thread when he has little time on the board and it’s not narrow enough. It’s a drastic death penalty vote and it clouds the issue I’ve raised.

As a result, people predictably circled the wagons. I wouldn’t even vote for it as worded but I would vote yes simply on the question I raised without a ban being involved.

He’s a very good football poster when he does that and he brings a lot of relevant topics to the board. The shtick thing is tired to me but he’s cut that back some. The mass-thread starting, especially with many non-canes topics, is a legit complaint to me. It’s the issue I hear most about

The OP started a ban thread when he has little time on the board and it’s not narrow enough. It’s a drastic death penalty vote and it clouds the issue I’ve raised.

As a result, people predictably circled the wagons. I wouldn’t even vote for it as worded but I would vote yes simply on the question I raised without a ban being involved.
I totally understand my friend, I have been on this new BOARD not for long, like most of you all. I used to be a poster on the GRASSY board. No worries.

I guess you missed NY in his glory before the ban...
Do you know what a schtick is? Well stick around and you may get to see what it smells like.

Advertisement

I have a wild hunch you got your Juris Doctor degree at the U.

He should definitely not be banned. If anyone irritates you, put them on ignore - problem solved. Shoot, I still miss DBC. He was actually a football board celebrity and also the guy who talked in the third person....can't remember his name.

Advertisement
Split board. A chunk of people don’t like it or think it’s just too much or just worn out. A chunk of people like it. A bigger chunk is indifferent, if I had to guess.

He’s cut back some lately. It is what it is. An outright death penalty ban thread from a newer poster wasn’t going anywhere. People will rally against that. It’s the wrong approach to an underlying concern.

Split board. A chunk of people don’t like it or think it’s just too much or just worn out. A chunk of people like it. A bigger chunk is indifferent, if I had to guess.

He’s cut back some lately. It is what it is. An outright death penalty ban thread from a newer poster wasn’t going anywhere. People will rally against that. It’s the wrong approach to an underlying concern.
:shoveling-snow: :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:
Ban the mascot of CIS?! No way, OP. NO. WAY.

Advertisement
Back