Bama to pass 01 miami as best college team ever?

You said "best college TEAM," so the answer will always be 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers. Beat Miami in the last game at the Orange Bowl for the national title in 1994 with Warren Sapp/Ray Lewis knowing they were going to run the ball right up the middle and test them physically all night long. Also beat FSU for the title the year before but were jobbed by the refs. Then destroyed undefeated Florida who won the title in 1996 the year after. A clean-*** three year sweep of the best talent in Florida. The most dominant TEAM of all time. Not collection of individual talents, but TEAM. 11 players doing their job in unison to win the game.
And after them I got 2019 LSU with Joe Burrow growing up in Nebraska as the QB. Then Alabama.

Advertisement
You said "best college TEAM," so the answer will always be 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers. Beat Miami in the last game at the Orange Bowl for the national title in 1994 with Warren Sapp/Ray Lewis knowing they were going to run the ball right up the middle and test them physically all night long. Also beat FSU for the title the year before but were jobbed by the refs. Then destroyed undefeated Florida who won the title in 1996 the year after. A clean-*** three year sweep of the best talent in Florida. The most dominant TEAM of all time. Not collection of individual talents, but TEAM. 11 players doing their job in unison to win the game.
They lost to FSU.
They needed a 4th quarter come-back to beat a Miami team who was average offensively.
Crushed the Gator. Good. I loved it.

Not the clean-*** three year sweep that you make it out to be.
I do, however, have that '95 team in my top 5.

The 2001 Miami Hurricanes, who you don't consider a team, gave us the most dominant first half of championship football in the history of the game. It was a complete embarrassment of epic proportions to the Husker faithful.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The most important Position on the field is QB. Bama, imo has us there. Therefore they’d have a chance. That 01 team almost lost to BC. A year later lost to Craig krenzel or some ****.. that said 00-02 were the greatest collection of talent ever. Bama from 18-20 might really have a case if you list the names and let careers play out..and even then it’s most likely a big no

Good luck getting our names out of that stone.

Our 2001 team is ETERNAL

🤔It only shows what we all know....people are getting dumber everyday🤡

Let's see how these clowns do in the NFL. Ain't gonna even be close

Advertisement
tenor (18).gif

They lost to FSU.
They needed a 4th quarter come-back to beat a Miami team who was average offensively.
Crushed the Gator. Good. I loved it.

Not the clean-*** three year sweep that you make it out to be.
I do, however, have that '95 team in my top 5.

The 2001 Miami Hurricanes, who you don't consider a team, gave us the most dominant first half of championship football in the history of the game. It was a complete embarrassment of epic proportions for the Husker faithful.
In the '94 game, didn't what's his face miss a wide open receiver in the 4th, just after we intercepted in the end zone? Late in the game. We then punted and they drove down to take the lead. He was not a good QB.

Advertisement
In the '94 game, didn't what's his face miss a wide open receiver in the 4th, just after we intercepted in the end zone? Late in the game. We then punted and they drove down to take the lead. He was not a good QB.
Frank Costa missed a wide open Taj Johnson streaking down the sidelines. I was there. Costa was an average QB. He had a decent 1st half and the OL fell apart (Erickson loved having big slow lazy useless sows on the OL) and Costa crumbled under the pressure. Defense got tired and they wore us down with the option. I was also there for getting the streak broken that year by Washington. That defense was one of the best ever but it gets overshadowed by the hit and miss offense.

Nope

Go Canes!!!

UOTE="da truth, post: 5204014, member: 8797"]
https://www.tuscaloosanews.com /s...1-nfl-draft-2001-miami-hurricanes/7322594002/
[/QUOTE]

Shut up

Advertisement
Costa.
Even with that, if we were able to make a few first downs in the 4th it would have been over.
Our D never got a break.

5 Fourth quarter possessions.
Starting at the 50, up 17-9:
1) 3 and out
2) 3 and out
3) 3 and out
-Nebraska TD-
4) 3 and out (Costa miss on 3rd down with the game tied at 17)
-Nebraska TD-
5) 4 and out (4th down INT at the end of the game)

i got 19 LSU just behind the 01 canes then everyone else
I have to let that LSU team age a bit.
It's a different era than our '01 Canes but giving up 22 ppg has me hedging.
I would rather see 40/14 pf/pa than 48/22.

Bruh lol

It does matter what they do in the NFL and optics on where they are picked. Like it or not that matters. It's why u get a Tim Couch is trash or a Tim Tebow is trash cause of the NFL days....it matters whether people want to admit it or not.

Advertisement
Back