Bama starter vs. Canes in 2021

I think the option to redshirt is contingent on the NFL not being willing to give him millions right now.

if hes drafted top 3 rounds, hes getting at least close to 1 mill no? thats not what he'd get at bama next year. if someone is willing tot take him now (yes someone will in the first or second, worst 3rd), then leave and let them figure out if **** ever be right again. takes care of himself and his family and doesnt have to play for coaches who sit back making 5-10 mill a year w zero sacrifice

Advertisement
if hes drafted top 3 rounds, hes getting at least close to 1 mill no? thats not what he'd get at bama next year. if someone is willing tot take him now (yes someone will in the first or second, worst 3rd), then leave and let them figure out if **** ever be right again. takes care of himself and his family and doesnt have to play for coaches who sit back making 5-10 mill a year w zero sacrifice

I'll just keep repeating it until someone reads it: the option to come back is contingent on NFL teams NOT taking the chance in the 2020 draft.

Again, that is an option if the NFL isn't willing to open the wallet in five months. None of it is difficult to understand. Some of you are under the impression that this doesn't affect his draft status, as though they're going to pay "millions" to a guy with a broken hip.
You are wrong. NFL teams do that all the time. Dallas Cowboys drafted Jaylon Smith in the second round knowing he wouldn’t play that year.

The worst case scenario is he sits out next year while getting an NFL paycheck. Plenty of teams would take a chance and draft him high as long as their doctors say he will recover.

Because he’s not going back to play college for free and get hurt again. Why is that difficult to understand?

He’s played in enough games and has enough film to show he’s a high first round pick. The only issue now is injuries.

If NFL doctors deem it’s not a career ending injury he’ll be drafted top ten.

But no matter what his bama career is over. Even if he could theoretically come back by the playoffs, no way his parents allow him to play another snap for free. That’s what I would do if he was my kid.

That "only issue" is monstrous.

Advertisement
You are wrong. NFL teams do that all the time. Dallas Cowboys drafted Jaylon Smith in the second round knowing he wouldn’t play that year.

The worst case scenario is he sits out next year while getting an NFL paycheck. Plenty of teams would take a chance and draft him high as long as their doctors say he will recover.

I'm not wrong, because all I'm offering are different options. I haven't made a claim to be wrong about. Slow down and read it all so you understand.

Jaylon Smith had an ACL injury. Tagovailoa has a fracture in the ball-and-socket part of the hip. He literally may never walk the same again, much less run the f'ing spread.

I'll just keep repeating it until someone reads it: the option to come back is contingent on NFL teams NOT taking the chance in the 2020 draft.
LOL at you thinking an NFL team won’t take a chance and draft him in the third round.

You make no sense. What incentive does he have to play another snap at bama?

So your logic is he comes back because he gets word no one will draft him so he redshirts at bama next year and decides to play in 2021 for bama instead of entering the draft in 2021 healthy. Then he risks playing a full season at bama in 2021 for free? Ok that makes a lot of sense smh.

Advertisement
LOL at you thinking an NFL team won’t take a chance and draft him in the third round.

So your logic is he comes back because he gets word no one will draft him so he redshirts at bama next year and decides to play in 2021 for bama instead of entering the draft in 2021 healthy. Then he risks playing a full season at bama in 2021 for free? Ok that makes a lot of sense smh.

It makes all the sense in the world if no one wants to take the chance on him until he shows he can run ten yards without falling down. And don't think for a second that he plays at Alabama for free. Talk about naive.

He can also RS at Bama and if he heals from multiple injuries as well as he hopes/expects not even play there in 2021 and just declare for the 2021 draft.

If he wows at his private workouts he can potentially go far higher and receive millions more guaranteed than if he goes in 2020.

He's got options. He is in a unique, uncharted situation.

It makes all the sense in the world if no one wants to take the chance on him until he shows he can run ten yards without falling down. And don't think for a second that he plays at Alabama for free. Talk about naive.
LOL yes “officially” he plays for free. Even the under the table payments is nothing like an NFL check if you’re drafted in the first three rounds especially if he gets money from the insurance policy.

There is no upside in coming back to bama. I think a team will take a chance on him in the first three rounds.

If it’s career ending then obviously he is done with bama.

Talented players drop rounds because of injury history all the time. That’s why I said if NFL teams doctors determine he can recover but it will take him a couple of years isn’t he worth a third round supplemental pick?

Advertisement
He gets carted off the field every week. Would not draft him. Period.

Question I have...did Saban tend to his fallen quarterback and show concern like Golden did with that wide receiver in 2012, or did he step over his fallen player like he did to the player who passed out when he was Dolphins head coach.

Advertisement
Here is what the starting line up could look like. This could be a very talented and experienced bunch.

QB Jarren Williams RJR (former 4 star)
HB Lorenzo Lingard RJR (former 5 star)
FB Realus George RJR (former 3 star)
XWR Dee Wiggins SR (former 3 star)
ZWR Jeremiah Payton RSO (former 4 star)
SWR Mark Pope SR (former 4 star)
TE Will Mallory SR (former 4 star)
LT Zion Nelson JR (former 3 star)
LG John Campbell RJR (former 4 star)
C Corey Gaynor RSR (former 3 star)
RG Jakai Clark JR (former 3 star)
RT DJ Scaife SR (former 4 star)

DE Jahfari Harvey RSO (former 4 star)
DT Jordan Miller RJR (former 3 star)
DT Nesta Jade Silvera SR (former 4 star)
DE Jaelan Phillips RSR (former 5 star)
MLB Sam Brooks JR (former 3 star)
WILL Avery Huff RSO (former 4 star)
STR Gilbert Frierson RJR (former 4 star)
CB DJ Ivey SR (former 4 star)
CB Al Blades Jr. SR (former 4 star)
NCB Te’Cory Couch JR (former 4 star)
FS Bubba Bolden RSR (former 4 star)
SS Gurvan Hall SR (former 4 star)

Here is what the starting line up could look like. This could be a very talented and experienced bunch.

QB Jarren Williams RJR (former 4 star)
HB Lorenzo Lingard RJR (former 5 star)
FB Realus George RJR (former 3 star)
XWR Dee Wiggins SR (former 3 star)
ZWR Jeremiah Payton RSO (former 4 star)
SWR Mark Pope SR (former 4 star)
TE Will Mallory SR (former 4 star)
LT Zion Nelson JR (former 3 star)
LG John Campbell RJR (former 4 star)
C Corey Gaynor RSR (former 3 star)
RG Jakai Clark JR (former 3 star)
RT DJ Scaife SR (former 4 star)

DE Jahfari Harvey RSO (former 4 star)
DT Jordan Miller RJR (former 3 star)
DT Nesta Jade Silvera SR (former 4 star)
DE Jaelan Phillips RSR (former 5 star)
MLB Sam Brooks JR (former 3 star)
WILL Avery Huff RSO (former 4 star)
STR Gilbert Frierson RJR (former 4 star)
CB DJ Ivey SR (former 4 star)
CB Al Blades Jr. SR (former 4 star)
NCB Te’Cory Couch JR (former 4 star)
FS Bubba Bolden RSR (former 4 star)
SS Gurvan Hall SR (former 4 star)
I like that team! What bout Flowe? Haha

Advertisement
Back