Bama not welcome in this Louisiana HS

Advertisement
Typical Bama playing these kids... even when they don't really want them. Just simply to keep the competition high or keep them away from other teams. ***** Bama and Saban. Them bad people.

Knowing some of these SFL coaches, we'll be the ones banned

Advertisement
I'm sure whenever the time comes when Bama wants a prospect from there.. the HC will receive a check.. and the ban will suddenly be lifted. nothing to see here. money talks.

Advertisement
So Bama wanted him to come to camp to get an offer? Don't see what the problem is here

It's not that simple.

Sounds like the coach is mad that Saban told the kid he had an offer, but he only did that to get the kid to camp at Bama and compete with others for a true offer.

Advertisement
There is an easy way to reduce the amount of recruiting BS that happens every year. Widen the window of when kids can sign to the entire year. If a school offers a kid he can tell them to send him the paperwork (which has to be submitted within X days or weeks, he and his parents sign it he's locked in and so is the school. It prevents schools from playing these games with offers and also allows them to better manage the kids playing games as well. If you're a school when would you rather find out your top three rated WR's are going somewhere else? In September with four months to find replacements or on NSD with no time to?

Offers can only be accepted by seniors prior to a certain date (make NSD the cutoff) but after NSD, any unsigned senior as well as juniors can then be offered and accept scholarships.

LSU is also drawing the ire from some coaches in New Orleans because of how they dealt with their recent coach firings

So Bama wanted him to come to camp to get an offer? Don't see what the problem is here

It's not that simple.

Sounds like the coach is mad that Saban told the kid he had an offer, but he only did that to get the kid to camp at Bama and compete with others for a true offer.

I tend to believe Saban over some Louisiana HS coach or a 17 yr old kid.

Advertisement
LSU is also drawing the ire from some coaches in New Orleans because of how they dealt with their recent coach firings

I remember they were talking about an LSU ban but, I think they agreed against that.

Advertisement
Back