Bama Game: Pre Camp notes from their side

The Saban coaching tree is littered with failures, mediocrity and wannabes.

Riley, Day, Swinney, Campbell and others all have their own identities and are doing just fine.

Manny needs to be himself, you can’t be anything else and succeed
You can and should learn from others.

Advertisement
The Saban coaching tree is littered with failures, mediocrity and wannabes.

Riley, Day, Swinney, Campbell and others all have their own identities and are doing just fine.

Manny needs to be himself, you can’t be anything else and succeed

LMAO. His tree grows about every year bc everyone wants a piece of what he is doing and think they can replicate it through a coach that was on his staff. Saban isn’t fake. He has mastered the head coach position and motivates and never settles for complacency. The dude won’t be happy to beat Miami by 21. It’s expected while we will be glad to stay within 21.

Saban does have misses like Burgess Becker....maybe he dodged a bullet with Hall and we got screwed who knows
He took him, because he was a package deal with Calvin. It was never about a four star safety. He blew him out of the program two years later. Now the kid has a famous rich brother.

Nuggets from Bama 2nd scrimmage today:

- Quarterback Bryce Young threw for roughly 195 yards and a pair of touchdowns as he guided the first-team offense. One of the touchdowns was an 80-yard pass and catch to receiver John Metchie, while the other was a short pass to tailback Jase McClellan (4 yards).

-- Quarterback Paul Tyson threw for roughly 125 yards and a touchdown while he again led the second-team offense. The touchdown was a 60-yard throw to wideout Jameson Williams, who head coach Nick Saban said is a player that has made “a big impact” this preseason. Tyson’s touchdown throw came during his brief time working with the first-team offense.

-- RB Brian Robinson and Roydell Williams found the end zone on Saturday from five and three yards out, respectively. McClellan and Trey Sanders both saw a lot of work out of the backfield, with Sanders continuing to put together a solid preseason.

-- In terms of turnovers, each of the quarterbacks tossed at least one interception in the game. Cornerback Marcus Banks picked off Young, while linebacker Dallas Turner intercepted Tyson. Cornerback Josh Jobe had at least one interception against freshman Jalen Milroe.

-- Linebacker Christopher Allen didn’t scrimmage, but like the others, it doesn’t sound serious. But Will Anderson was present, and he remains a problem for opposing offenses. This quote from Saban says it all: “He’s been really good. Will’s probably the guy that creates more havoc for our defense in terms of his ability to pass rush. He’s a more complete player now.”

--Like last week, a couple of offensive line starters were held out of the scrimmage -- this time it was right guard Emil Ekiyor and right tackle Kendall Randolph, who is sidelined by a sprained ankle. That meant the first-team O-line was Evan Neal at left tackle, Javion Cohen at left guard, Chris Owens at center, Tommy Brown at right guard and JC Latham at right tackle.

-- Closing things out with special teams, James Burnip and Ty Perine handled punts, with Burnip having the better day. Will Reichard and Jack Martin both attempted field goals and kickoffs. In the return game, freshman JoJo Earle was the primary punt returner, while several players were back deep on kickoff returns. Earle has also had a good preseason at receiver.
Birmingham paper says both punters are new...Burnip is also an Aussie.

If we had a legit QB that could beat you with his arm, I think we’d beat Alabama. But King is not that guy.

And look, I like all of King’s intangibles, and he’s a good guy, but throwing the ball is not his thing. He’s not beating anyone with his arm.
Well if he can't beat them with his arm then think Tim Tebow. Beat them with your leadership and competitiveness.

Advertisement
Hearing all this about their defense scares the **** out of me. But past history shows that sabans defenses struggle with QBs that can move so that’s my only hope that king can beat them

Actually, in 2008, Tebow beat us with his arm.
I don't think that that was his point. His point was that DK isn't a true passer. My point was that neither was Tim Tebow. Wasn't suggesting that Tebow never threw the ball or never made plays with his arm. Just saying there's different ways to be dominant from the QB position. DK has some intangibles.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back