Bama Fatigue

Advertisement
Television ratings are lower across the board because they have now way to track streaming viewers. With so many people ditching cable, TV numbers are skewed.
Ive seen games on youtube n such had thousands of viewers.. That college demo would probably try to find a way to stream 100 times over than reach for remote

Most of the larger TV markets couldn't give 2 shets about CFB.
The NY/NJ metro area couldn't give 3 ***** about cfb.

Top 10:

Can't speak for a lot of it, but spend a fall Saturday in Manhattan and see how little they care about college football. Every bar that an house it is overflowing with alums at watch parties. Penn State alone probably has 100,000 alums in the NY metro area.

That said, now living on the West Coast, they seriously don't give a single f--- about CFB out here.

Advertisement
If Miami did what Bama is doing the NCAA would firebomb the campus, hang every living alumni and render the ibis extinct.

You must be very, very new to this.
If we do what Bama is doing it would only last about 5 years and say we win too much so change the rules. Since it’s Bama, they can win as many as they want.

Can't speak for a lot of it, but spend a fall Saturday in Manhattan and see how little they care about college football. Every bar that an house it is overflowing with alums at watch parties. Penn State alone probably has 100,000 alums in the NY metro area.

That said, now living on the West Coast, they seriously don't give a single f--- about CFB out here.
No doubt. In Manhattan I watch some games at Brother Jimmy’s. For a big game, better be there 2 hours before kickoff.

I’m not sure what part of the WC U’re referring to, but I grew up on the WC and I can say this is blatantly false in a lot of areas. L.A throughout the Inland Empire go very savage over S.C football. The folks up North go very crazy over Stanford football. Go further north in to Oregon & I can say w/o a doubt they care very much about Oregon football.

I can’t speak on NV, Utah, Colorado, or Washington, but those areas that I not only grew up in but actually either lived or visited frequently will disagree w/ that statement. The Trojans, for yrs, was L.A’s football team. U’ll see flags & license plate on cars all over.

I get it. I've seen it.
Meechigan, ND too. Great parties to crash.
But there are 20 million people in the NYMA.
Big CFB fans are relatively small pockets compared to the overall population.

Look (or should I say hear) no further than NY sports radio.
Hockey gets more air time than CFB.

Advertisement
Didnt Bama sign the #1 class of all time or something like that.

And they signed the #2 class in 2020...they signed the #1 class in 2019...they signed the #5 class in 2018...they signed the #1 class in 2017...they signed the #1 class in 2016...LOL, you want me to keep going? That's what you you're facing when you go up against Bama, yet we have b!tches on here saying we gotta shot because Bama is probably breaking in a new 5* QB...LOL!!!,the logic by some in this fanbase never ceases to amaze me man, unreal.

Cap the support staff, maybe even cap booster spending, actually catch a team cheating and nail them... any other ideas?
They have to put more teams in the playoff. Otherwise, if you don’t go to Bama, Clemson, or Ohio St you are playing for nothing. They have created a mess with this. There are 62 other teams in the P5. Look what it’s done to the bowl games.

These idiots created a 4 team playoff with 5 power conferences. Jeez. It’s a disaster and the games suck. In the last 3 years, 9 games have been played. Only 2 weren’t over at halftime.

Bama has little to do with it. People arent watching espn anymore and the ncaa has noooooo parody.

We are a year out from next CFP and I can probably name 3 or all 4 of the teams that will be there. Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, and Clemson.

Rules need to change (and be enforced) or the NCAA and conferences are gonna lose a ton of dough on TV contracts. No one likes a system that feels predictable and rigged.

I literally didn’t know the game had happened til this morning. Didn’t care at all

Advertisement
Television ratings are lower across the board because they have now way to track streaming viewers. With so many people ditching cable, TV numbers are skewed.
Streaming is tracked and it's a small blip. NFL ratings aren't down as severe as CFB (or NBA) has been.

1610497629492.png

only fatigues that I know of

Advertisement
You know what's funny? My twelve year old cousin who knows nothing about football said "This game is more boring than the games you usually watch" last night then asked me how long do I think football will last. I laughed her off but maybe she had a point...
Of course she has a point. The games are boring, empty stadiums or not. The networks and the NCAA have screwed up what was once the, far and away, #1 form of entertainment in this country. There are very few close games, the referees are FAR too involved, reviews are a joke, the games take forever, nobody can play defense or get excited, recruiting violations are all over the place, politics has reared its head like everywhere else, etc.

I was in bed before the 2nd half of a game I didn't watch anyway. At least when the Canes dominated, you knew you'd be entertained.

Most of the larger TV markets couldn't give 2 shets about CFB.
The NY/NJ metro area couldn't give 3 ***** about cfb.

Top 10:
It is in danger of become a specialized regions sport that is big in the South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, Oklahoma, and Texas. Everywhere else it withers away and is closed down for monetary or political reasons.

Advertisement
Back