bama commit Christian Williams visiting

Well, if you read carefully...I'm actually saying he has all the physical attributes to be a good cb...but don't act like most 4* sfla players aren't somewhat college ready outta hs....Ivey was considered a top cover corner....if I remember correctly, Frierson was going back and forth with him on the depth chart early on....the reason why he fell behind has to be learning the position imo....most here believe he's a safety....I actually thought he looked good enough on tape to convert.....
His highest ceiling is at safety but hes good enough on this level to be a CB

Advertisement
If Miami doesn’t get Emerson, move Gil to S to give us 6 guys there and hopefully they get 2 more Cb’s. Need to have 7-8 Cb’s for this year.

Big problem with that is...It appears getting Emerson, although not a lock, is far easier than getting 2 of these stud CB we are making a late run at. **** at this point it's probably easier than landing just 1.

Big problem with that is...It appears getting Emerson, although not a lock, is far easier than getting 2 of these stud CB we are making a late run at. **** at this point it's probably easier than landing just 1.
I think if Miami gets Washington this weekend that will help with Emerson. I also saw he is visiting again so that means Miami is a threat to flip him. Just need at least 2 more dbs. Then maybe get lucky with a transfer.

Advertisement
If Miami doesn’t get Emerson, move Gil to S to give us 6 guys there and hopefully they get 2 more Cb’s. Need to have 7-8 Cb’s for this year.
We’ve played 2 of the last 3 years with 5 corners. We need to add 1 more if we can though

I think if Miami gets Washington this weekend that will help with Emerson. I also saw he is visiting again so that means Miami is a threat to flip him. Just need at least 2 more dbs. Then maybe get lucky with a transfer.

Ya I agree. If i had to call where he ends up, it would be Miami...And that's what I'm saying, the corners, at this time are longer shots. Let alone landing 2 of them.

We’ve played 2 of the last 3 years with 5 corners. We need to add 1 more if we can though
But there was experience during those years. The only guy with expierence for this year is Bandy and Blades.

Advertisement
But there was experience during those years. The only guy with expierence for this year is Bandy and Blades.
Not in 2017. Jackson didn’t play that much in the base defense in 2015 or 2016. Bandy was a freshman and Delaney an FCS transfer. This will be Miami’s most talented cb group in along time and they will perform well imo

We are fine at corner. Bandy, bladed, gil, Ivey, bethel. We rarely if ever played dime our nickel packages with corners as the extra DBs

We are fine at corner. Bandy, bladed, gil, Ivey, bethel. We rarely if ever played dime our nickel packages with corners as the extra DBs
Yep....I'd rather spend it on another grad transfer DL or OL...we need to upgrade the trenches asap ..then our backend D and skill positions will look that much better....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back