Bama coming for Diaz for DC?

Advertisement
Bruce Feldman tweeted: If you school has a well regarded DC, there's a decent chance some big Power 5 program is throwing a ton of money at him this month to try to get him to leave.

Not sure off the top of my head who else it could be?

1. Feldman is plugged in with Miami
2. Diaz is super happy here but what do you do if Bama (I would assume since Pruitt left to UT) comes calling with double your salary at Miami?

If it is, we just have to him more. He's a tremendous fit down here.

window_licker.gif

Bruce Feldman tweeted: If you school has a well regarded DC, there's a decent chance some big Power 5 program is throwing a ton of money at him this month to try to get him to leave.

2. Diaz is super happy here but what do you do if Bama (I would assume since Pruitt left to UT) comes calling with double your salary at Miami?

Mizcane suckin that crack dik again

BTW.....we are a big Power 5 program.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Why is this in the recruiting thread anyway?

I'm going to try to make this as comical as I can and still try to bring information.

You have a 4 to 4.5 Star guy down here (Manny) who is committed to us and is being recruited by Baga. They may want him to take an OV there and their coach SaTan can have an in home with him. If there is any interest from the recruit, there may allegedly be bags involved. So you have recruiting on a recruiting thread.
I think CMR would block that and Manny stays!

Why is this in the recruiting thread anyway?

I'm going to try to make this as comical as I can and still try to bring information.

You have a 4 to 4.5 Star guy down here (Manny) who is committed to us and is being recruited by Baga. They may want him to take an OV there and their coach SaTan can have an in home with him. If there is any interest from the recruit, there may allegedly be bags involved. So you have recruiting on a recruiting thread.
I think CMR would block that and Manny stays!

Makes sense. Hope Richt didn’t already use his in-Home visit

Advertisement

Long time lurker here but lets say it isnt Bama coming for Diaz but Texas A&M that Feldman is referring to. I live and work in Houston and from people I work with it sounds like something big is happening in College Station now that Fisher is in town. They have the money to throw at him and he has ties to recruiting and being in Texas when he was the DC in Austin. Also has ties to the SEC.

Long time lurker here but lets say it isnt Bama coming for Diaz but Texas A&M that Feldman is referring to. I live and work in Houston and from people I work with it sounds like something big is happening in College Station now that Fisher is in town. They have the money to throw at him and he has ties to recruiting and being in Texas when he was the DC in Austin. Also has ties to the SEC.

Texas A and M? ha. no!

Also..long time lurker? yeah, sure...how long have you been lurking and reading posts here?

So you’re a long time lurker and picked this mess of a theory to get behind? Diaz with all his roots, emotional ties, and successes to the program and the area is going to make a lateral move to a state where he was run out on a rail and wasn’t too popular? For a few more shekels?

Assuming this isn’t screen name number 11 for you, you picked a brain-dead theory as your first post. Your first mistake was using a classic mizcane dopey post as your foundation.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Off and on for about 9 months (short-time lurker maybe?). Was stationed overseas the last 6 years and was able to get on 247 toward the end of deployment and found this board at that time.

The only big thing happening in College Station is that they’re spending billions for coaching and facilities upgrades, so they can go from an average of about 8 wins a year with Sumlin, to a slightly higher average of 9 wins a year with Cuckbo.

You might get to ten wins in College Station if you can find a way to clone Jameis Winston or Dalvin Cook. Otherwise, be happy with 9 wins, maybe the occasional ten wins, and maybe even a nice bowl appearance every few years.

That’s your ceiling. You’re Texas A&M. You don’t do conference ships or NCs. It’s not who you are, who you’ve been, or who you'll ever be. Never forget that.

Last edited:

"Long time lurker" who joined in December 2017.

Advertisement

"Long time lurker" who joined in December 2017.

Long time lurker in men’s restrooms is what I’m thinking he meant.

Long time lurker here

giphy.gif

Why do you guys always assume everything is a better job than Miami?

DC under Mark Richt @ UM is a top job, period. You'll be hard-pressed to find 5 better.

And before the Al'bama slurpers chime in, name one opportunity that would exist for a Tide DC that wouldn't for one that excelled at UM. You can't. Our defense got the most coverage of any in CFB this season.

It isn’t happening but Rick and staff would survive either way. I think Manny may want to stay out of Texas the state didn’t treat him very well last time out

Advertisement
Back