Bama. Clemson. Michigan. ND.

Advertisement
I think Bama, Clemson, and ND are locks because I don't seem them losing any games.

I actually think Michigan is going to lose to OSU, which knocks them out of the playoff. I think Georgia is out of it too because they're going to lose to Bama in the SEC championship and get a second loss. That would put Oklahoma in the driver's seat. They have two tough games - West Virginia and a rematch with Texas - so they could certainly lose, but I don't think they will. If they drop one of those games too, then we're looking at Urban Meyer getting in as the four seed which would make me drink heavily.

Advertisement
Agreed, Jimmy Boy needs a W over OSU in a big way although I doubt he gets it in the Shoehorn. It will take a big game by Patterson for them to come away with the victory. ND unfortunately plays a weak sister USC team but that’s a rivalry game so maybe, just maybe the Trojans can pull off the upset. Clemson should manhandle South Carolina with ease, and Baga should dispatch with Auburn but stranger things have happened in the Iron Bowl series. Georgia needs to win the SEC Championship for them to get in. Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Michigan, Notre Dame, and Baga all lost? Would mean with a win that the Mad Pirate would have the Cougars in the CFP. Stranger things have happened before indeed.

I hope WSU can pull it off. Too bad we don't have a 6 or 8 team playoff. Every year it's the same teams.

Would be great to see UCF as well but non P5 schools have zero shot. I honestly don't know why they even bother with D1 football since they will never make the playoffs, no matter how good they are. At one point the AAC had 3 teams in the top 25. Not bad for the zombie Big East.

I'd love to see Miami fax a 2 page document to Tobacco Road: 1st page is highlighted stat sheet from last year that shows 400+ plays without a holding call on the opponent's offensive line, 2nd page is a big middle finger and announcement we are leaving for AAC.

No matter how bad Miami has been of late, we would give the AAC instant cred as a P6 program and their teams would have a chance at making it to playoffs. 2nd, I think a new rivalry with UCF would be fun.

Obviously the big question is money. There are ACC schools that pay D coordinators more than AAC schools individually earn from their TV contract with ESPN. I think the AAC's TV contract expires in a couple years. ESPN is a dinosaur. Millions of people cut cable every year and ESPN has been hemorrhaging money. I don't know a single person who actually enjoys watching ESPN anymore. Amazon and Netflix are taking over the media and want to get the rights to stream college football. AAC can be the first team into that space and basically set their own terms and sign an exclusive contract freezing out the P5 schools. Initially might not pay as much as ESPN, but in the next 10 years cable TV will be nearly dead and the P5 schools will be stuck on a channel no one watches anymore. It's Amazon's world now, and I hope Miami is smart enough to get in early.

Advertisement
It's gonna be another Clemson/Bama championship game. I can see 3 and 4 getting upset but for now I see this top 4 as the final 4. ND gonna get exposed in the playoffs so I'm happy about that. Still looking to see if Michigan can beat OSU.

It's gonna be another Clemson/Bama championship game. I can see 3 and 4 getting upset but for now I see this top 4 as the final 4. ND gonna get exposed in the playoffs so I'm happy about that. Still looking to see if Michigan can beat OSU.

It won't be anything else.

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. Notre Dame (as much as I would hate to see it)
4. Ohio State

The 2 teams out IMO will be Oklahoma & UGA.

I think Oklahoma wins the Big XII but doesn't move up ahead of B1G champion & I don't think Wash St will beat Washington next week. Even if they did, a 1 loss Pac-12 champ is not getting in ahead of a 1 loss B1G champ.

If the playoffs end up as the 4 listed, I think (hope) Clemson crushes Notre Dame & I don't expect Oh St to beat Bama if Tua is fully healthy.

For the National title game, Bama should be the favorites, but I think they're getting upset this year. No reason in particular just a feeling lol

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think ucf May be ranked #7 or 8 when the polls come out tommorow.

It will get interesting if bama beats uga as expected.

Clemson wins out

Notre Dame wins vs usc

So 1 more spot left

Michigan loses to Ohio state(I think Their resume is so damaged this year that it doesn’t matter if they beat Michigan or not)

That opens the door for Washington state and ucf

Last edited:
Advertisement
I think Bama, Clemson, and ND are locks because I don't seem them losing any games.

I actually think Michigan is going to lose to OSU, which knocks them out of the playoff. I think Georgia is out of it too because they're going to lose to Bama in the SEC championship and get a second loss. That would put Oklahoma in the driver's seat. They have two tough games - West Virginia and a rematch with Texas - so they could certainly lose, but I don't think they will. If they drop one of those games too, then we're looking at Urban Meyer getting in as the four seed which would make me drink heavily.
If you have seen michigan and OSU defenses play this year. No way does osu beat them. I think this will be the game than puts the nail in the urban meyer coffin.

Gonna be really tough for anyone else not named Georgia to get in.

Which is why an expansion of the CFB playoffs to at least 8 teams is so necessary. Its criminal to leave out teams like Wazzu & UCF. There is so much parity in CFB today, as witnessed by how difficult it is to win on the road, that 1 loss should never automatically disqualify a team from contention.

Advertisement
Back