Bama : 3 arrests in four days..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/alabama-football-player-arrested-days-article-1.2168687

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama running back Tyren Jones has been arrested on a marijuana charge, the third arrest of a Crimson Tide football player in four days.

Tuscaloosa police said in a news release that Jones was charged Tuesday with possession of marijuana 2nd degree and released on $1,000 bond.

Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban had suspended Jones indefinitely on Feb. 10 “for conduct not to the standard of the Alabama football program.” Safety Geno Smith and since-dismissed defensive lineman Jonathan Taylor were arrested over the weekend.

Police say Jones and 25-year-old Brandon Lee Hansberry were arrested after an officer stopped a white Dodge Challenger for speeding at 11:27 a.m. Monday.

The police release says the officer smelled marijuana and found the drug and digital scales inside the vehicle, which belonged to Hansberry.

Advertisement
If having 3 players arrested means we are a top ten team come December then sign me up. This is football, you're gonna get a few knuckleheads, it's the nature of the game. Look at Vanderbilt with four players getting charged for rape.

I don't know what rock some of you crawled from under but this is a game about aggression and ferocity. If you want to win you have to have savages on your team. They don't have to be criminals or knuckleheads per se, but the more goons you have the higher your percentage of arrests and wins go up.

Its the nature of the game. Either accept it or go watch croquet

Tell that to the early 2000 teams who were squeaky clean and by all accounts, good people off the field as well.

We could have a rash of arrests coming up for all we know. Seems these things occur randomly under coaches, it happens.

There's nothing that says arrests or goons are needed to win. Take the Patriots for example, minus Hernandez, they're generally a clean sheet team. They are also the smartest according to a study several years ago when they won one of their Super bowls and may still be currently.

When teams are winning though, it's easier to look the other way for some fans. Me, I'd rather do it like we did in '01.

I seem to remember hearing about a certain team brawling in the street with Florida down in New Orleans prior to the '01 Sugar Bowl.

The girl that accused Jonathan Taylor of domestic violence has recanted her story and is now in jail.

Last edited:
Nice work. We haven't even reached summer yet. The sky is the limit, keep up the good work Tide.

Meh, you Ain't winning National Championships unless you got a couple of goons and dumbasses on the team. This is why Bama can sign 30 players every class.

We're now Vandy--the weakling who makes fun of other teams for arrests.

Love it. **** Bama.

Very poor attitudes. No wonder why our moderators want to clean this place up! What if a recruits mother were to read this and think that her son will be surrounded by fans that think this behavior is acceptable. This is why we have the pillars!

Al golden shows that he is doing it the right way. Golden wouldn't let this happen with his players. Guy runs a tight ship. When you buy into pillars, you buy into a better way of life. Winning is not above what is doing the right thing.

Ignore the sexual assault allegations last off-season...........Pillars! Pillars! Pillars! Wefense!

If having 3 players arrested means we are a top ten team come December then sign me up. This is football, you're gonna get a few knuckleheads, it's the nature of the game. Look at Vanderbilt with four players getting charged for rape.

I don't know what rock some of you crawled from under but this is a game about aggression and ferocity. If you want to win you have to have savages on your team. They don't have to be criminals or knuckleheads per se, but the more goons you have the higher your percentage of arrests and wins go up.

Its the nature of the game. Either accept it or go watch croquet

Tell that to the early 2000 teams who were squeaky clean and by all accounts, good people off the field as well.

We could have a rash of arrests coming up for all we know. Seems these things occur randomly under coaches, it happens.

There's nothing that says arrests or goons are needed to win. Take the Patriots for example, minus Hernandez, they're generally a clean sheet team. They are also the smartest according to a study several years ago when they won one of their Super bowls and may still be currently.

When teams are winning though, it's easier to look the other way for some fans. Me, I'd rather do it like we did in '01.

Minus Hernandez, the psychotic serial killer, lol

NFL is an apples and oranges comparision.

The big schools don't recruit kids that have extensive criminal problems. They might take a chance on a kid, but they review their backgrounds almost like the NFL does.

For example, Last year the FSU commit/miami lean 4 star CB that stole stuff at an IMG camp Ended up at Marshall or WV with his coach. Forgot his name.

If you sign 25+ black males from poor/violent neighborhoods, some of those kids are gonna make bad choices now and then.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A quintessential ingredient in running Harvard South is staying scandal free, and if nothing else, Miami has role modeled that over the last decade.

Alabama needs to get a grip, its nice to win, but at what cost?

Nice work. We haven't even reached summer yet. The sky is the limit, keep up the good work Tide.

What's your point? So, Alabama's players lack Pillars and Core Values.

They will still win 10+ games.

I guess I am just trying to bash on Bama for something, since we can't beat them and we are not half the program they are.. You know , typical Cane fan stuff. I miss the days when we could talk bad about any program because we were just better.

I didn't see too many on here complain about Gerald willis transferring to us. It's another reason losing EJ sucked. You don't need criminals, you need players that have that dog in them. Sometimes those players end up in trouble or worse in criminal trouble. Part of doing business if you want to win.

Advertisement
These are young men who had a lapse in judgment. I will not rejoice in their youthful indiscretions.

The girl that accused Jonathan Taylor of domestic violence has recanted her story and is now in jail.

why is she in jail?

False police report. She posted bail though.

Article is on Al.com. Ipad isn't letting me link or copy/paste.

But police aren't dropping charges on Taylor, apartment had damage and the girl had a bruise on her neck.

Last edited:
Advertisement
This thread doesnt pertain to anything miami related and is borderline offensive to others. Mods please hand out an infraction and delete this thread, maybe a one month ban to the OP with straighten out his twisted mind and learn to think of other's feelings

You obviously missed the 80's and 90's of this program. The hypocrisy of this thread.

Advertisement
lmao Marijuana charges. Those don't even count as arrests. That's like getting a traffic ticket now days.

Nobody around this program should be laughing at anyone else for this ****.

No matter how much the admins and these new younger neutered fans try to forget. We will always be the poster child for this ****.

Nobody around this program should be laughing at anyone else for this ****.

No matter how much the admins and these new younger neutered fans try to forget. We will always be the poster child for this ****.

I'm glad Golden doesn't allow this type of behavior. If Saban beats it in the head like Golden that this behavior won't be tolerated, then they wouldn't have these arrests.

Advertisement
Back