Baker announced by UM as new DC, finalizes defensive staff; team releases statement

View as article
Advertisement
I'm glad Jess Simpson stayed on board. Him and Todd Hartley are picks that I thank Richt. Since Baker knows Banda and Patke He really only has to Click with Jess Simpson and Mike Rumph. Manny picked someone still on the up and up but willing to use the opportunity to prove something. Hopefully he plans out. Mannys there to guide him. The Offensive Coordinator needs HC/OC/QB Experience. Play Callin

Think Baker will settle in nicely at DC plus he has Manny as a sounding board if need be. I’m really interested in what offensive coaches are coming. That will play the key from 8 wins to 10 wins depending on who’s coming. Our defense kept us in numerous games, if we had any resemblance of an offense we could’ve won more games. We have athletes there, they desperately need coaching and development. Couple that with a better S&C program and maybe we’ll show up better in games versus P5 teams, especially the Dukes, UVA’s, and Pittsburgh’s of the conference. More wins will translate to better chances at recruits. Nobody wants to play for a 7-6 mid-tier ACC team. Get us back to 10-11 wins consistently then we can start setting our sights on the Clemson’s of the league and beyond.

Advertisement
Did anyone hear Baker last night talking with Joe Z. and Don Bailey on WQAM?

Seamed pretty down to earth and looking forward to working with Manny again and meeting with the players this week.

Main point was having a group of coaches who get along and have fun coaching. Says that the players can sense when things are not right in the coaches room.

Think Baker will settle in nicely at DC plus he has Manny as a sounding board if need be. I’m really interested in what offensive coaches are coming. That will play the key from 8 wins to 10 wins depending on who’s coming. Our defense kept us in numerous games, if we had any resemblance of an offense we could’ve won more games. We have athletes there, they desperately need coaching and development. Couple that with a better S&C program and maybe we’ll show up better in games versus P5 teams, especially the Dukes, UVA’s, and Pittsburgh’s of the conference. More wins will translate to better chances at recruits. Nobody wants to play for a 7-6 mid-tier ACC team. Get us back to 10-11 wins consistently then we can start setting our sights on the Clemson’s of the league and beyond.
The O Leader will be on his own.......Manny will be busy with his multi tasking, and the O room will call their own shots. Hopefully all the focus will be on an attacking, vicious, hungry O, that Manny formulated for the D.......that will score points and win games.

Advertisement
Guys like Meyer, who are known for stressing detail militarily, coaches specials himself. This feels like “ya we’ll just have Jonathan do it”.
Manny has plenty on his plate as a new head coach. And Patke with OLB only has the capacity to be ST coach. Seems like a no brainer. Would be worried if manny tried to do that.

I also like the young DC for So Fla and UM. Hope he can recruit amd relate to kids. Unleash the dogs. Let’s get all over defensive recruiting. We should never, ever lack for Dbs, Lbs or DE.

Manny has plenty on his plate as a new head coach. And Patke with OLB only has the capacity to be ST coach. Seems like a no brainer. Would be worried if manny tried to do that.

Wasn’t insinuating Manny do it himself as much as stressing the importance. After the disaster with Hartley I was pushing for someone with experience. He’ll be learning on the fly again

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back