Baker and Banda having a circle jerk on Twitter

Advertisement
It wasn't actually true in 2018. We were solid that year. Being a "paper tiger" has been closer to the truth in the other years. The irony of "men lie, women lie, numbers don't lie" is numbers lie like crazy when you're selective with the data. When you see total yards and other "total" stats on a list, you should automatically be skeptical. Without 3rd down % and a couple other key metrics - like stats adjusted for pace and opponents - our numbers are shakier in 2019.
That’s true and all but tweets like this is for recruits. Not for us message board junkies to pick apart. They aren’t going that deep into these stats.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why would you negative recruit your own team?
I guess if calling out coaches posting meaningless stats is negative recruiting then sure.

The hope is he thinks before posting stuff like that in the future especially after winning only 6 games.

So yes I want the coaches to STFU this offseason. Any bragging about last season should always be responded with 6-7.

I guess if calling out coaches posting meaningless stats is negative recruiting then sure.

The hope is he thinks before posting stuff like that in the future especially after winning only 6 games.

So yes I want the coaches to STFU this offseason. Any bragging about last season should always be responded with 6-7.
These tweets are for recruits. Its 2020. With the little momentum we have right now, the coaches are putting something positive out on a platform that literally every recruit has. So to reply back on that same platform trying to debate those stats is the definition of negative recruiting. And we are doing it to ourselves. Is it so terrible that a coach would cherry pick a few stats to try to sell his team?

How are they meaningless? They just don’t tell the entire story. If those same stats were in the bottom tier, I would bet my last most would be throwing them up in here about how bad the D was.

I expect a step up. We were a top 10ish D this past season . I think next season top 5ish .

LOL @ this mustard stain of a defense being top 10 let alone top 5

2018 defense is what a top 10 defense looks like, this one had GR15 covering wide receivers 30 yards down field.

Advertisement
he forgot the # of losses, and the 3rd down conversion rate vs our defense, and the 4th down conversion rate vs the defense..................

so yeah, numbers don't like, we suck.

Advertisement
These coaches are so weird, man.

We used to clown on Joker Phillips for his horrendous twitter game, but these dudes are coming close to that territory.

I agree, but I think they’re more immature than weird. Miami has a very immature staff. They don’t have a grown up in the room.

Ahh the mopes found something to latch on and like act like little ******* about. Real shocker there.

You gals were curiously quiet yesterday, but back in full force today I see. Let’s make sure to try and kill any positive vibes because coaches, like most coaches, are tweeting during the offseason.

Ahh the mopes found something to latch on and like act like little ******* about. Real shocker there.

You gals were curiously quiet yesterday, but back in full force today I see. Let’s make sure to try and kill any positive vibes because coaches, like most coaches, are tweeting during the offseason.
I noticed these coaches didnt tweet nonsense like they are now after losing to FIU, Georgia Tech, Duke, and La Tech.

I know The Citadel could have tweeted whatever they wanted after playing Georgia Tech.......because The Citadel beat Georgia Tech. A 1-AA military school beat a team that was transitioning from being a triple option team and we couldnt.

That's why these tweets are cheesy.

Advertisement
I agree, but I think they’re more immature than weird. Miami has a very immature staff. They don’t have a grown up in the room.

I agree with all of this, too.

A few have said it before...need a grey beard or two on this staff to control and guide these dudes.

Advertisement
Back