BAIN IS A F********MONSTER!!!!

Stay healthy, he’s a pleasure to watch. Last frosh in the line with that impact was Rusty unless I’m missing something.

Keep stacking pieces Mario. To think we had Rusty, Russel Maryland, and Kevin Patrick on the same line reminds us how far we have to go to be elite again.

One piece is great but need more.
When Maryland was a Sr in 1990 I'm pretty sure the starting DL was Maryland, Mark Caesar, Anthony Hamlet and Patrick....Medearis and Shane Curry became Superstars the following yr.

Advertisement
When Maryland was a Sr in 1990 I'm pretty sure the starting DL was Maryland, Mark Caesar, Anthony Hamlet and Patrick....Medearis and Shane Curry became Superstars the following yr.
I was a kid at the time but thought Rusty dropped that 5 or 6 sack opening day in 90’. Either way there were multiple difference makers on the line at a time.

My brother, wasn’t that a wonderful time in our football 🏈 life.
A lot of people don’t know Shane Curry he was special he had tremendous first step wth those thigh quads they were huge that propelled him upon contact those babies were at full throttle till the kill.

All were special and Kevin Patrick what a combo him and Rusty on the other side just amazing presence they had.

All those beast brought unreal relentless pressure all game long

GOCANES

Last edited:
Advertisement
A lot of people don’t know Shane Curry he was special he had tremendous first step wth those thigh quads they were huge that propelled him upon contact those babies were at full throttle till the kill.

All were special and Kevin Patrick what a combo him and Rusty on the other side just amazing presence they had.

GOCANES
Loved Curry (RIP). Cincinnati kid.

Advertisement

GOCANES

Bain is going to be great no matter what. But OCs can isolate him if we don't have others also creating disruption. He was being optioned against, being doubled, even sometimes tripled (with an OG or TE chipping off the snap, then a blocking back helping out) at the end there because all we had was JHH and a not-quite ready-Wayne to go with a cast of guys like Deen, Gore, Lichtenstein, Moten, etc who weren't enough of a threat to game plan around.

If Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, JHH, Clark and Horton can be the guys we hope they can be -- aided by contributions from our elite true freshmen DL guys -- Rueben Bain will be a household name at the end of the season.

Our defensive coordinator said eventually he thinks Bain moves inside. I see Bain as one of those inside outside guys, he has the size and strength to play inside with the the speed and quickness to play outside while having the ability to be elite at both. It's a unique ability that only a few have

RUSTY had 5 1/2 sacks in his first college start as a redshirt freshman against Texas Tech in 1990
1990 opener was BYU and Ty Detmer beat us. I don't remember us ever opening with TT. You thinking of Wisconsin '89?

Advertisement
Bain is going to be great no matter what. But OCs can isolate him if we don't have others also creating disruption. He was being optioned against, being doubled, even sometimes tripled (with an OG or TE chipping off the snap, then a blocking back helping out) at the end there because all we had was JHH and a not-quite ready-Wayne to go with a cast of guys like Deen, Gore, Lichtenstein, Moten, etc who weren't enough of a threat to game plan around.

If Mesidor, Kelly, Wayne, JHH, Clark and Horton can be the guys we hope they can be -- aided by contributions from our elite true freshmen DL guys -- Rueben Bain will be a household name at the end of the season.
Facts u can’t do it by yourself on the DL. If you do not get other elites you’re wasting one player who will perform much better on Sundays with help. Then they will say why didn’t they do it here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back