BAHAMAS HOOPS INVITE Friday Nov 17 (Georgia 3:30) Sunday Nov 19 (final vs KanSt 2:30)

jkdood

All ACC
1700033365010.png

Advertisement
How do we stack up against the dawgs? @Memnon
I think we match up well with them.

They depend on Jabri Abdur-Rahim & Noah Thomasson to do most of their scoring.

They're a really poor 3pt shooting team, but Abdur-Rahim drives to the basket a lot & gets to the free throw line. He's their most active play maker, Ben Joseph will probably have to Guard him.

Russell Tchewa (the USF transfer) is their big man, he's a solid rebounder & 7fter but he won't be too difficult of a match for Omier. Just have to keep from getting easy looks from directly under the basket.

Our advantage will be Wooga vs Freshman Silas Demary Jr & Cleveland vs RJ Melendez. Neither of those guys are good enough defenders to slow down Woog & Cleveland. We should be able to get good perimeter shots & opportunities off Ball screen cuts, neither of them are athletically inclined enough to keep us from getting to the basket, especially from the elbow.

The game will come down to us hitting 3's, playing smart on Defense not letting Abdur-Rahim get too many easy looks at the rim while keeping him off the FT line & getting transition buckets off turnovers.

I think we win by at least 10.

They're a really poor 3pt shooting team, but Abdur-Rahim drives to the basket a lot & gets to the free throw line. He's their most active play maker, Ben Joseph will probably have to Guard him.

Russell Tchewa (the USF transfer) is their big man, he's a solid rebounder & 7fter but he won't be too difficult of a match for Omier. Just have to keep from getting easy looks from directly under the basket.

Our advantage will be Wooga vs Freshman Silas Demary Jr & Cleveland vs RJ Melendez. Neither of those guys are good enough defenders to slow down Woog & Cleveland. We should be able to get good perimeter shots & opportunities off Ball screen cuts, neither of them are athletically inclined enough to keep us from getting to the basket, especially from the elbow.

The game will come down to us hitting 3's, playing smart on Defense not letting Abdur-Rahim get too many easy looks at the rim while keeping him off the FT line & getting transition buckets off turnovers.

Really need breakdowns like this before each game. Very informative. Thank you sir!

Advertisement

Dawgs lost a ton of firepower from last season. Even more than Wong + Miller gave us.

Really need breakdowns like this before each game. Very informative. Thank you sir!
If nothing else, the FIU game should be a great learning opportunity in not under-estimating opponents. Georgia does, after all, play in the SEC. We likely won't get away with an FIU-like effort against them.

Advertisement
Some tough matchups in this tourney... we need the bench to show up. Would be interesting to see Pack end up playing his old team K-state, although their roster has almost completely turned over in the last 2 years.

If we crash the boards we should win by double digits...even the best Miami teams over the last 10 years had early season stumbles against teams they should not lose to. Hopefully today isn't one of those games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back