Bad win or a bad loss

Is that really true? What evidence do you have for that?

247's college team talent composite has us as the 17th most talented team in the country. That feels about right, doesn't it? We have good not talent but not close to elite (especially w/o Rousseau).

The polls have us at 12. ESPN's power ratings have us at 17. The analytics (looking at the Massey average) have us at 18. We're tied for 3rd in the conference, and the two teams ahead of us in the standings are the two teams ahead of us in college team talent composite (Clemson and ND). The team we're tied with, UNC, is only slightly below us in the composite, at 22.

I don't see any evidence that we are underperforming our talent. All of the facts point to both our talent and our performance being somewhere in that 15-20 range.
I don’t think we’re the 12th best team in the country. I also think we have 2 wins if not for King, who we got as a transfer portal guy.

Advertisement
I don’t think we’re the 12th best team in the country. I also think we have 2 wins if not for King, who we got as a transfer portal guy.

I don't see your point regarding King. He's a QB, and that's the most important position in football/sports. How many wins does Clemson have w/o Lawrence? Or Florida without Trask? Why would you penalize us for needing our QB to lead us to victories? That's what's supposed to happen.

And nowadays, the portal is how you get elite QBs. How many wins would LSU have had w/o their "transfer portal guy" last year (Burrow)? Or OSU without their "transfer portal guy" (Fields)? Or OU without their "transfer portal guys" the last 4-5 years (Mayfield, Murray, Hurts)? It makes no sense to knock us for using the portal to get an elite QB. Hopefully we do that again next year.

I agree with you, we don't look like the 12th best team. But we certainly look like we're somewhere in the 15-20 range. That's why I provided all of those other rankings. Love analytics? Great, they have us at 18. Hate analytics? Great, the human polls have us a bit higher than that. Are you the type of guy that likes to keep things simple and just look at the standings? Great, they have us near-but-not-at-the-top.

Any way you slice it, we look like we're in that 15-20 range. Do you think we are more talented than that? I don't see how someone could think that. The college team composite has us at 17. We've recruited well but nowhere near elite. We haven't even recruited as well as programs like UF, Penn St, and Notre Dame.

So I don't see ANY evidence whatsoever that suggests this team is underperforming its talent level.

I don't see your point regarding King. He's a QB, and that's the most important position in football/sports. How many wins does Clemson have w/o Lawrence? Or Florida without Trask? Why would you penalize us for needing our QB to lead us to victories? That's what's supposed to happen.

And nowadays, the portal is how you get elite QBs. How many wins would LSU have had w/o their "transfer portal guy" last year (Burrow)? Or OSU without their "transfer portal guy" (Fields)? Or OU without their "transfer portal guys" the last 4-5 years (Mayfield, Murray, Hurts)? It makes no sense to knock us for using the portal to get an elite QB. Hopefully we do that again next year.

I agree with you, we don't look like the 12th best team. But we certainly look like we're somewhere in the 15-20 range. That's why I provided all of those other rankings. Love analytics? Great, they have us at 18. Hate analytics? Great, the human polls have us a bit higher than that. Are you the type of guy that likes to keep things simple and just look at the standings? Great, they have us near-but-not-at-the-top.

Any way you slice it, we look like we're in that 15-20 range. Do you think we are more talented than that? I don't see how someone could think that. The college team composite has us at 17. We've recruited well but nowhere near elite. We haven't even recruited as well as programs like UF, Penn St, and Notre Dame.

So I don't see ANY evidence whatsoever that suggests this team is underperforming its talent level.
Those teams you named are far better than us without their QB’s and have better overall coaching as well. I think we’re a 20 to 30 team but you can slice it any way you want - the coaching overall isn’t very good. We need coaching that gets the most of the talent it has so that we can build on it and these guys don’t come close to that.

Advertisement
Back