Bad win or a bad loss

AHURT12

Redshirt Freshman
Give me a bad win anyday. This current team is far from great but all that matters at this point to me is just getting the W however we can. A bad loss can destroy recruiting momentum and a team. A win keeps momentum going with recruiting and the team. The only thing that's going to make this team better is competition and that comes from recruiting and playing against teams like Clemson.

Get healthy during the bye and get alot of work defense, offense, and recruiting) and let's continue to turn this around and get better.

Advertisement
and we put 47 on Louisville while ND scored 12....... We put 52 on FSU and UNC lost to them. On any given day....
I get your point in that transitive properties don’t apply to football..
Unfortunatley you are what you repeatedly do. And the last 3 games are not a good sign of where this team should be.
Looking bad on offense for one game is acceptable and even the elite teams do it and even lose to a lesser opponent Once in w while.
But 3 games in a row is a sign that something ain’t right. What can’t be debated is that we have a problem on offense.

Advertisement
and unc beat nc sate, and fsu beat unc, and we beat fsu

doesn't work in football or really any other sport for that matter
3 years in a row and 3 games in a row we can’t move the football.
Im just pointing out that this keeps happening where we play teams that get rolled by different squads in the season but when we play them they look like The 85 bears.

Transitive properties don’t apply I know.
But consistency does.
And we consistently keep making shty defenses look great over and over again year after year. Then those same defenses play duke or wake and they just score at will on them. It’s not a one week or a fluke game.
It’s been a consistent pattern through 3 different offensive coaches.
2 teams in the acc have now scored more points on Clemson Than we have.

We couldn’t pull away from a 1-4 acc team at home who’s given up more points to everyone except us.

Im just pointing out that this keeps happening where we play teams that get rolled by different squads in the season but when we play them they look like The 85 bears.

But consistency does.
And we consistently keep making shty defenses look great over and over again year after year. Then those same defenses play duke or wake and they just score at will on them. It’s not a one week or a fluke game.

We couldn’t pull away from a 1-4 acc team at home who’s given up more points to everyone except us.

We're not great but we're fighting and currently 5-1. Keep in mind I never said we were a top team but when you win it has its benefits which include being able to keep studs home who go elsewhere and usually ball out. It's clear what positions need alot more talent and it's clear what coaches are not cutting it regardless of all of that the team gets my support. Yeah we won and it was ugly but we need W's instead of L's.

Give me a bad win anyday. This current team is far from great but all that matters at this point to me is just getting the W however we can. A bad loss can destroy recruiting momentum and a team. A win keeps momentum going with recruiting and the team. The only thing that's going to make this team better is competition and that comes from recruiting and playing against teams like Clemson.

Get healthy during the bye and get alot of work defense, offense, and recruiting) and let's continue to turn this around and get better.
I can’t disagree with this. We need to pile up as many W’s as we can and keep the class.

That said, this coaching staff underperforms the talent level we have, as I’ve mentioned, though they also seem to out-recruit their on field performance as I’ve said.

Advertisement
Unfortunatley you are what you repeatedly do. And the last 3 games are not a good sign of where this team should be.
Looking bad on offense for one game is acceptable and even the elite teams do it and even lose to a lesser opponent Once in w while.
But 3 games in a row is a sign that something ain’t right. What can’t be debated is that we have a problem on offense.
Yeah it has been identified ad infinitum ... It's called the Offensive Line!!!!!

Bad win, it sucks to be 5 and 1 and to still know you would be curbed stomped by any very good or elite team we played. Just still a very long way to go.

and unc beat nc sate, and fsu beat unc, and we beat fsu

doesn't work in football or really any other sport for that matter
Excellent. This perfectly captures the transitive argument.

I can’t disagree with this. We need to pile up as many W’s as we can and keep the class.

That said, this coaching staff underperforms the talent level we have, as I’ve mentioned, though they also seem to out-recruit their on field performance as I’ve said.

It's clear we need to a legit cornerback coach as far as talent the oline is weak. I dont think that's coaching it's strength and will. Going forward every oline recruit needs to be red shirted to get there weight room numbers right. As far as recruiting goes I see alot of help coming but more is needed and maybe the spots we have left will be filled by the portal. Keep winning keep the class and sell the progress and sell missing a few pieces to take that next step

Last edited:
Advertisement
The problem is that most staffs aren't as dumb as ours. Clemson laid the blueprint how to stop us. Pitt and VA are just executing it. We still haven't adjusted.

Defensively, it's still the same undisciplined scheme we've been running since Manny's been here. The thinking has been, we have to be undisciplined harder.

I wouldn’t say bad win it’s an ugly win which is fine. A win is a win. The more we win hopefully the more recruits will come. I’m chalking this up to the heavy rain most will say DERRRRR EXCUSE well yea u try and throw the ball to **** WRs in a downpour. We do need to start doing different things in the run game for sure but for now we won and move on. Better looking win then ND beating Louisville by 5 and struggling with FSU. Shot happens week to week in college

Advertisement

But consistency does.

We put up over 440 yards of offense, we just didn't score TD's.

Is that really true? What evidence do you have for that?

247's college team talent composite has us as the 17th most talented team in the country. That feels about right, doesn't it? We have good not talent but not close to elite (especially w/o Rousseau).

The polls have us at 12. ESPN's power ratings have us at 17. The analytics (looking at the Massey average) have us at 18. We're tied for 3rd in the conference, and the two teams ahead of us in the standings are the two teams ahead of us in college team talent composite (Clemson and ND). The team we're tied with, UNC, is only slightly below us in the composite, at 22.

I don't see any evidence that we are underperforming our talent. All of the facts point to both our talent and our performance being somewhere in that 15-20 range.

Advertisement
Back