BA projection 5/24

'05-'06 - 40,676
'13-'14 - 43,481
'17-'18 - 44,477
Facts don’t lie so I guess my post right after this is based on my view. Facts are facts so I stand corrected. Luckily my kid still loves whiffle ball which in college will be his second major.

Advertisement
Facts don’t lie so I guess my post right after this is based on my view. Facts are facts so I stand corrected. Luckily my kid still loves whiffle ball which in college will be his second major.

In California, high school baseball is declining slightly every year. There are now 44,131 participants, down from 43,913 a year ago.

We went to high school in Western Massachusetts and baseball was a distant fourth to hockey, lacrosse and then football. Hockey and football are king in the Midwest.

The Journal posted a few articles on how the Millenials and Z generations eschew the sport...

Miami will always be a hotbed, due to its unique culture. My friends from Texas say that high school baseball is not nearly as good as it was, and they believe it is a distant third to Miami and Southern California.

Mark Light's crowds were sparse this year........

In California, high school baseball is declining slightly every year. There are now 44,131 participants, down from 43,913 a year ago.

I only got a 93 in Linda Bruce’s Business Stats class, so I’m no expert, but 44,131 isn’t “down” from 43,913. Not sure what kind of gorilla math you people are using out in California.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I think our best window is WVU losing for the second time and NC State losing tonight. If NC State wins, the door is closed.

Longer shot: WVU wins, Ole Miss loses today or tomorrow, and we snake A&M’s but I don’t think that’s likely. Again it’s all irrelevant if NC State wins though.

On a bid stealing note, if Liberty can beat stetson they can steal one. Even if they split and Stetson wins the title, they might sneak an at large

RPI is back up to 17 after Oregon St dropped a series to USC. They’ll still host at 16-9 vs the top 50, but at 5-8 in their last 13 and 2-6 in their last 8 home games Corvallis isn’t the worst place we could be sent.

Advertisement
I only got a 93 in Linda Bruce’s Business Stats class, so I’m no expert, but 44,131 isn’t “down” from 43,913. Not sure what kind of gorilla math you people are using out in California.

Must be the same math that same porster used to try to tell us about fielding percentage

We are not going to host in my opinion, but it was a great first season by Di Mare, and he has us "set up" for 2020 and 2021.

Di Mare and Morris are also devoting a fair amount of time to fundraising as well. If the football team starts to win consistently, the Athletic department's coffers will increase commensurately and baseball is next in line for facilities improvements. Basketball has a decent arena and one of the best practice facilities in the NCAA. The football team received two new buildings recently..... Baseball should be next. If baseball can raise $10M then the Athletic department should attempt to match that. They borrowed $30M for the basketball arena and it was recently paid off. They could easily borrow $10M and fund improvements at the Light.

From what I understand, the NCAA will never allow scholarships to increase from 11.7, but one never knows. That is the program's only true achilles heel.

There is funding in place for new batting cages......

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back