BA projection 5/24

Advertisement
1. (15) Miami
4. Jacksonville

2. Texas A&M
3. Florida Atlantic

Paired with the (2) UCLA regional.

BA has both Florida and Florida State getting in as 3-seeds.

Interesting. Seems like most sites are projecting whichever SEC team barely misses the cut to host as our 2 seed.

Advertisement
UNC is the 2 seed in the National Seed 8 regional - does that mean they're not even under consideration to host?

Advertisement
UCSB being seeded ahead of us is a complete joke. 160 SOS and 3 games against Q1 (RPI 47 UC Irvine back in mid April).

Advertisement
UCSB being seeded ahead of us is a complete joke. 160 SOS and 3 games against Q1 (RPI 47 UC Irvine back in mid April).

I agree. They have no lights and seat 1,000, so, they have to rent a field 300+ miles away in order to host? Schedule some quality opponents if you expect to be in the hosting discussion.

Advertisement
I agree. They have no lights and seat 1,000, so, they have to rent a field 300+ miles away in order to host? Schedule some quality opponents if you expect to be in the hosting discussion.

College baseball in California is in steep decline. UCLA has an elite coach and access to, arguably, the third best recruiting area in the country, but Stanford is too inconsistent and USC's program is practically dead. Even Fullerton posted a dismal season this year.

Hopefully, Stanford starts investing in the team and expands its institution-wide scholarships (similar to Rice and "Operation" Vanderbilt). My buddy is on Stanford's secondary Board and he says that they are going to institute something similar to Operation Vanderbilt. We will see.

UCLA's stadium is decrepit.

High school participation in baseball is starting to crater here.

UCLA baseball draws poorly. I have been to some games where they had 500 people in the stands. Will go this weekend and see how they fare. (If they have a game...........)

College baseball in California is in steep decline. UCLA has an elite coach and access to, arguably, the third best recruiting area in the country, but Stanford is too inconsistent and USC's program is practically dead. Even Fullerton posted a dismal season this year.

Hopefully, Stanford starts investing in the team and expands its institution-wide scholarships (similar to Rice and "Operation" Vanderbilt). My buddy is on Stanford's secondary Board and he says that they are going to institute something similar to Operation Vanderbilt. We will see.

UCLA's stadium is decrepit.

High school participation in baseball is starting to crater here.

UCLA baseball draws poorly. I have been to some games where they had 500 people in the stands. Will go this weekend and see how they fare. (If they have a game...........)
Baseball is in trouble. Kids are playing other sports. My dude played baseball and lacrosse a few years ago and now only plays lacrosse. Loves it. Up here lacrosse is growing and then there are the glass drooling hockey parents who have their kid playing 12 months a year. I am a hockey guy and it drives me insane where hockey is going up here. 7-13 year old kids specializing playing year round.

Advertisement
Back