B1G vs. SEC for Miami: Realignment Reality Check - Poll

Choose the conference:


  • Total voters
    346
You posted that no one should complain when we’re in the B1G and the SEC gets favoritism when we have nothing to do with it and it won’t even be a choice because the SEC wants no part of UM with NIL and SEC “credentials” in their conference.
No one who favors the B1G should complain - that part is obvious.
 
No one who favors the B1G should complain - that part is obvious.
I hate them both. Only the Big 12 would be fair to us but that’s not an option. The big sucks and it’s boring. SEC is better strictly for football. I don’t think either treats us great. I don’t see any way we’re getting an invite to the SEC.
 
I hate them both. Only the Big 12 would be fair to us but that’s not an option. The big sucks and it’s boring. SEC is better strictly for football. I don’t think either treats us great. I don’t see any way we’re getting an invite to the SEC.
I’m with you, but between the two lesser choices, I’d favor the SEC.

Disney will get us in if needed; you don’t walk away from a superstar in your portfolio.
 
Just a thought, as sometime we lose our frame of reference - it is very likely when we shift conferences, we will be in that for several decades.

For context, we are much closer to 2060 than to 1960, heck to 1990 for that matter. The US is changing, I think we should be aware of that and not think of “what KKK town do I want to avoid” and rather “what place is most likely to grow over the next decades”.

I’ve seen the transformation of Raleigh Durham, of Fayetteville, etc etc - it will be a different world in the timeline we are in the SEC.
 
Just a thought, as sometime we lose our frame of reference - it is very likely when we shift conferences, we will be in that for several decades.

For context, we are much closer to 2060 than to 1960, heck to 1990 for that matter. The US is changing, I think we should be aware of that and not think of “what KKK town do I want to avoid” and rather “what place is most likely to grow over the next decades”.

I’ve seen the transformation of Raleigh Durham, of Fayetteville, etc etc - it will be a different world in the timeline we are in the SEC.

Nope

All those towns mentioned not changing
 
Nope

All those towns mentioned not changing
"by the time we are in the SEC" .... like this is going to take place in 2057 --- the good news is in this future world of the SEC, the flying cars and teleportation will make it as easy to go to Michigan as Ole Miss and Nike will likely have weather tech uniforms and footwear...
 
Let me know how that goes
The Jetsons Goodbye GIF by Boomerang Official


D$ dropping @Trinton Breeze off at the game...
 
We lost to ND at Soldier because we made more mistakes. Dorsett didn't drop a wide open TD pass because of frostbite. We lost under Richt because he tried to run a 90's FSU offense without 90's FSU players.

Are we including losing the natty last year in our home stadium because of the temperature dropping during the game? -- I mean it must have been that, because otherwise it was because Beck made an errant throw after the coaches decided to skip offense in the first half and failed to address a glaring special teams deficiency.
I clearly said “at South Bend”. I didn’t even count Soldier field.

The rest of your post has nothing whatsoever, to do with anything I’ve said in this thread.

Try to bait someone else. Cheers.
 
I clearly said “at South Bend”. I didn’t even count Soldier field.

The rest of your post has nothing whatsoever, to do with anything I’ve said in this thread.

Try to bait someone else. Cheers.
I don't believe the weather is nearly as impactful as this thread is making it out to be and people are going pretty deep with it here. If I have to choose between the fear of weather vs. the fear of SEC officials... I'll take the unpredictable vs. the predictable.
 
I don't believe the weather is nearly as impactful as this thread is making it out to be and people are going pretty deep with it here. If I have to choose between the fear of weather vs. the fear of SEC officials... I'll take the unpredictable vs. the predictable.
Valid, though the SEC, despite its valiant efforts, has yet to have a 60.01 minute game, to favor one of its blue bloods.

I like muddy, old school, weather games, including snow games. I cringed when people were complaining about the field being wet at Wake or at home last year.
One of my favorite games ever was the monsoon game at FSU.

My ONLY concern is the Big10 ******** us with our schedule. That’s it, that’s my concern.
 
Valid, though the SEC, despite its valiant efforts, has yet to have a 60.01 minute game, to favor one of its blue bloods.

I like muddy, old school, weather games, including snow games. I cringed when people were complaining about the field being wet at Wake or at home last year.
One of my favorite games ever was the monsoon game at FSU.

My ONLY concern is the Big10 ******** us with our schedule. That’s it, that’s my concern.
Likely a fair concern. I think CIS as a whole will ***** about that in any conference.

Have we looked at the USC scheduling? They also seem like a team the B1Guns would ***** in this regard.
 
Just a thought, as sometime we lose our frame of reference - it is very likely when we shift conferences, we will be in that for several decades.

For context, we are much closer to 2060 than to 1960, heck to 1990 for that matter. The US is changing, I think we should be aware of that and not think of “what KKK town do I want to avoid” and rather “what place is most likely to grow over the next decades”.

I’ve seen the transformation of Raleigh Durham, of Fayetteville, etc etc - it will be a different world in the timeline we are in the SEC.
I've lived in Alabama for 30 years from Eufaula and Dothan to Enterprise, Center Point, and Alabaster. I've also traveled extensively throughout Alabama, as well as Mississippi, Georgia, and Louisiana, for work.

My experience has been that the larger cities, Birmingham, Montgomery, Jackson, Atlanta, and others tend to be much more diverse and generally more open to different people, cultures, and lifestyles. But some of the smaller, more isolated communities haven't changed nearly as much.

I'm not saying every person in those towns is like this, because that's obviously not true. But I've personally seen and experienced attitudes in places like Newton and Holly Pond, Alabama, that are very different from what you'd encounter in Birmingham or Atlanta. In some of these areas, being a person of color after dark can still bring concerns that simply aren't present in the larger cities.

That's based on 30 years of living in Alabama and traveling throughout the region, not something I'm saying because I read it on the internet. There are parts of the South that have changed tremendously, and there are other parts where some old attitudes are still very much alive, and people of color don't go out at night in these areas.

I don't want this thread going off the rails because race but if you think some things are going to just change your fooling yourself.
 
Its funny that yall think the sec would f us over but dont think the big10 would in favor of their top programs lol. All of that type of talk is rooted in nothing but yall bias against the sec. I understand it because we are surrounded by it but i hope you know it’s stupid

If you’re basing your answer off of preconceived biases then the convo is pointless. The sec and big would be giving us the standard contract, it’s nothing they can do to sink us as a program lol
 
Its funny that yall think the sec would f us over but dont think the big10 would in favor of their top programs lol. All of that type of talk is rooted in nothing but yall bias against the sec. I understand it because we are surrounded by it but i hope you know it’s stupid

If you’re basing your answer off of preconceived biases then the convo is pointless. The sec and big would be giving us the standard contract, it’s nothing they can do to sink us as a program lol
To be fair, CIS / Grassy has never thought a conference has treated Miami fairly. lol
 
Its funny that yall think the sec would f us over but dont think the big10 would in favor of their top programs lol. All of that type of talk is rooted in nothing but yall bias against the sec. I understand it because we are surrounded by it but i hope you know it’s stupid

If you’re basing your answer off of preconceived biases then the convo is pointless. The sec and big would be giving us the standard contract, it’s nothing they can do to sink us as a program lol
I look at it like this: the SEC doesn’t really need Miami because they already have the narrative, the media machine and ESPN behind them. What they do need is for Miami to stay out of the way. That’s why, IMO, you see Saban out there pushing NIL caps, conference spending limits and penalties for schools that forces them to be Independent. Whether people agree with those ideas or not, the end result is the same. It puts more restrictions on programs like Miami while protecting the current power structure.

The B1G is a completely different situation. They need more true power brands if they’re going to compete with the SEC at the top of the sport. Miami gives them a national brand, recruiting value, a major market and a program with enough history to matter.Then you have the TV angle. The B1G’s deals are going to be up for negotiation, NBC is already tied to Notre Dame and a healthy Miami gives them another premium brand to put in big games. It also gives them more leverage if they’re trying to force Notre Dame into the conference.

So I don’t look at it as simply, “Which conference wants Miami?” I look at which conference actually benefits from Miami being strong.

The SEC already has its machine. The B1G needs more national brands, more premium matchups and more leverage to build something that can actually challenge the SEC. That’s where Miami fits.
 
Last edited:
And I actually realized that myself after that the one he responded to had nothing to do with how I already acknowledged how the SEC is for fan experiences etc. it's me that's all over the place. I'm in Medellin right now and distracted. My bad.
I was saying the game experience and tailgating is the only slight selfish part of me that would like the SEC and it’s proximity to my home in Central FL.

I see how the BIG10 makes sense for the program though!
 
I was born and raised in the South.

I completely understand the love these folks have for their school. It’s a family thing, passed down generations. It’s literally more than just football. There’s nothing like tailgating on a southern campus in the fall. I can’t describe it.

There’s a romanticism about it that I get.

However, I’ve been Canes fan since 92 because I chose my own path. My first love in College ball.
It really is a pretty spectacular event on most SEC campuses.

They do tailgating right..and there are some pretty solid college towns where the whole city is participating in events the whole weekend.

To be fair though I’ve never attended a Michigan vs OSU game or any BigTen event to be honest but I’ve seen all of the pregame shows. I’ve got a decent enough behind the scenes look to compare them both. Though I do think it would be amazing to stay in Chicago and go to a ND game. But they aren’t even in the BigTen yet. How are Columbus, Penn Station, or Eugene as away fans?
 
Back
Top