- Joined
- Nov 5, 2011
- Messages
- 41,457
A close relative of mine went there. It used to be all nerds. The new stadium though.
Looks decent for almost $1B
Donors Honorary Captains
Nice
A close relative of mine went there. It used to be all nerds. The new stadium though.
No one who favors the B1G should complain - that part is obvious.You posted that no one should complain when we’re in the B1G and the SEC gets favoritism when we have nothing to do with it and it won’t even be a choice because the SEC wants no part of UM with NIL and SEC “credentials” in their conference.
I hate them both. Only the Big 12 would be fair to us but that’s not an option. The big sucks and it’s boring. SEC is better strictly for football. I don’t think either treats us great. I don’t see any way we’re getting an invite to the SEC.No one who favors the B1G should complain - that part is obvious.
I’m with you, but between the two lesser choices, I’d favor the SEC.I hate them both. Only the Big 12 would be fair to us but that’s not an option. The big sucks and it’s boring. SEC is better strictly for football. I don’t think either treats us great. I don’t see any way we’re getting an invite to the SEC.
He was just saying it's not a backwoods,inbred ****hole. He's right. They're the lone sec exception to the norm and that's because they're the academic standout over there.Tailgating sucked at Vandy unless I missed something
We just did our little tailgate in a parking garage
Was Bama game too
Just a thought, as sometime we lose our frame of reference - it is very likely when we shift conferences, we will be in that for several decades.
For context, we are much closer to 2060 than to 1960, heck to 1990 for that matter. The US is changing, I think we should be aware of that and not think of “what KKK town do I want to avoid” and rather “what place is most likely to grow over the next decades”.
I’ve seen the transformation of Raleigh Durham, of Fayetteville, etc etc - it will be a different world in the timeline we are in the SEC.
"by the time we are in the SEC" .... like this is going to take place in 2057 --- the good news is in this future world of the SEC, the flying cars and teleportation will make it as easy to go to Michigan as Ole Miss and Nike will likely have weather tech uniforms and footwear...Nope
All those towns mentioned not changing
Let me know how that goes"by the time we are in the SEC" .... like this is going to take place in 2057 --- the good news is in this future world of the SEC, the flying cars and teleportation will make it as easy to go to Michigan as Ole Miss.
I clearly said “at South Bend”. I didn’t even count Soldier field.We lost to ND at Soldier because we made more mistakes. Dorsett didn't drop a wide open TD pass because of frostbite. We lost under Richt because he tried to run a 90's FSU offense without 90's FSU players.
Are we including losing the natty last year in our home stadium because of the temperature dropping during the game? -- I mean it must have been that, because otherwise it was because Beck made an errant throw after the coaches decided to skip offense in the first half and failed to address a glaring special teams deficiency.
I don't believe the weather is nearly as impactful as this thread is making it out to be and people are going pretty deep with it here. If I have to choose between the fear of weather vs. the fear of SEC officials... I'll take the unpredictable vs. the predictable.I clearly said “at South Bend”. I didn’t even count Soldier field.
The rest of your post has nothing whatsoever, to do with anything I’ve said in this thread.
Try to bait someone else. Cheers.
Valid, though the SEC, despite its valiant efforts, has yet to have a 60.01 minute game, to favor one of its blue bloods.I don't believe the weather is nearly as impactful as this thread is making it out to be and people are going pretty deep with it here. If I have to choose between the fear of weather vs. the fear of SEC officials... I'll take the unpredictable vs. the predictable.
Likely a fair concern. I think CIS as a whole will ***** about that in any conference.Valid, though the SEC, despite its valiant efforts, has yet to have a 60.01 minute game, to favor one of its blue bloods.
I like muddy, old school, weather games, including snow games. I cringed when people were complaining about the field being wet at Wake or at home last year.
One of my favorite games ever was the monsoon game at FSU.
My ONLY concern is the Big10 ******** us with our schedule. That’s it, that’s my concern.
I've lived in Alabama for 30 years from Eufaula and Dothan to Enterprise, Center Point, and Alabaster. I've also traveled extensively throughout Alabama, as well as Mississippi, Georgia, and Louisiana, for work.Just a thought, as sometime we lose our frame of reference - it is very likely when we shift conferences, we will be in that for several decades.
For context, we are much closer to 2060 than to 1960, heck to 1990 for that matter. The US is changing, I think we should be aware of that and not think of “what KKK town do I want to avoid” and rather “what place is most likely to grow over the next decades”.
I’ve seen the transformation of Raleigh Durham, of Fayetteville, etc etc - it will be a different world in the timeline we are in the SEC.
To be fair, CIS / Grassy has never thought a conference has treated Miami fairly. lolIts funny that yall think the sec would f us over but dont think the big10 would in favor of their top programs lol. All of that type of talk is rooted in nothing but yall bias against the sec. I understand it because we are surrounded by it but i hope you know it’s stupid
If you’re basing your answer off of preconceived biases then the convo is pointless. The sec and big would be giving us the standard contract, it’s nothing they can do to sink us as a program lol
I look at it like this: the SEC doesn’t really need Miami because they already have the narrative, the media machine and ESPN behind them. What they do need is for Miami to stay out of the way. That’s why, IMO, you see Saban out there pushing NIL caps, conference spending limits and penalties for schools that choose to remain Independent. Whether people agree with those ideas or not, the end result is the same. It puts more restrictions on programs like Miami while protecting the current power structure.Its funny that yall think the sec would f us over but dont think the big10 would in favor of their top programs lol. All of that type of talk is rooted in nothing but yall bias against the sec. I understand it because we are surrounded by it but i hope you know it’s stupid
If you’re basing your answer off of preconceived biases then the convo is pointless. The sec and big would be giving us the standard contract, it’s nothing they can do to sink us as a program lol
I was saying the game experience and tailgating is the only slight selfish part of me that would like the SEC and it’s proximity to my home in Central FL.And I actually realized that myself after that the one he responded to had nothing to do with how I already acknowledged how the SEC is for fan experiences etc. it's me that's all over the place. I'm in Medellin right now and distracted. My bad.
It really is a pretty spectacular event on most SEC campuses.I was born and raised in the South.
I completely understand the love these folks have for their school. It’s a family thing, passed down generations. It’s literally more than just football. There’s nothing like tailgating on a southern campus in the fall. I can’t describe it.
There’s a romanticism about it that I get.
However, I’ve been Canes fan since 92 because I chose my own path. My first love in College ball.