B. Washington says he coming back...

Advertisement
Smart move by BW..
Depth issues with the OL will get some help soon..

40.jpg

I worry about the lateral movement with guys like Feliciano and Bunche. If you line'em up and ask'em to take the initial step north-south...they can be very good...that initial slide on pass pro, I saw them too many times a little heavyfooted. It is why I felt Feliciano jumped offsides and committing penalties...overcompensating for it.

Advertisement
Fisch quote:

"You can move (Jon) Feliciano inside, BWash (Brandon Washington) inside, Seantrel (Henderson) and (Malcolm) Bunche outside, you can keep (Brandon) Linder at guard, put him at center," Fisch said. "You can put BWash at tackle or guard, Shane (McDermott) at center. There's a lot of combinations there, but I think we're going to be really good up front. That's another year in the same system really losing two guys but gaining a lot of experience."

Why all the hate for Kehoe? I thought the line was serviceable all year considering that during Pre-season it loses it's best talent to back surgery. The best player has to slide over to cover Jacory's ***. A true freshman starts most of the year and has a few bad false starts, but for the most part he's blocked pretty ******* good. If there's any gripe to be made it's in the leadership by Horn. I thought the times the line needed to step up and didn't (KSU, UVA), it just needed a senior to get in their face and demand they "dominate"!

I think that if the line were stronger and we blew people off the ball on all of those short yardage calls, Kehoe wouldnt get as much heat IMO

How's that Kehoe's fault? I thought the line was technically sound all year, the pass blockin was superior to the run blocking which is a lot harder to teach. The only problems came in short yardage situations and a few bone headed penalties. Kehoe isn't the problem IMO it;s the player's strength and conditioning which Coach already said was an issue going into the off season.

Advertisement
I tend to agree that our players just didn't have enough "grunt" when it was really called for - technique be damned.

Kehoe's been slammed over the decreasing output of our running game. ****, all opposing coaches, seeing what Miller/James were capable of, just stacked eight in the box. First year for our coaches, first year for our players under this system.

The strength thing should be fixable. Toughness should be fixable.

We came so close on so many losses this year.

Just a bit more 'grunt,' a dozen plays made, and we're undefeated.

Our line this year has looked its best running power plays. When we run that Broncos stretch type **** our line gets blown up and we run for minimal yardage most of the time. Everytime I see us running a stretch play I just hope for positive yardage. This line is built for power football.

Advertisement
Back