B/R 2027 Early Mock Draft

There's no way OJ isn't a top-10 pick. He's too good from a technical standpoint. I know he only has one interception, but when you watch his reps against elite receivers, he makes them look ordinary.

Go watch OJ against Chris Bell, KC Concepcion when lined up on the boundary, Carnell Tate, or Jeremiah Smith, just to name a few. He blankets them. If he finishes the season strong, I guarantee he's a first-round pick.
 
Other than his last name being Manning, has Arch ever looked like a 1st round QB at any point in his career?
When his high school team played Nola School for the Blind’s middle school B team his senior year he was ballin
 
There's no way OJ isn't a top-10 pick. He's too good from a technical standpoint. I know he only has one interception, but when you watch his reps against elite receivers, he makes them look ordinary.

Go watch OJ against Chris Bell, KC Concepcion when lined up on the boundary, Carnell Tate, or Jeremiah Smith, just to name a few. He blankets them. If he finishes the season strong, I guarantee he's a first-round pick.
He’s a corner… his 40 time will dictate being top 10.
 

We're only a couple of weeks away from the beginning of the 2026 college football season, and I'm pretty excited. We get to watch a lot of high-end prospects headed to the 2027 NFL draft class. But which colleges should NFL draft fans focus on when they turn their TVs on every Saturday?

I have gone through my personal evaluations and talked to scouts and evaluators throughout the NFL to pick out the rosters loaded with potential 2027 draft picks. There's still a lot of time for players to rise and fall between now and when the draft starts next April in Washington, D.C., but I settled on 12 schools for draft fans to watch this season. I separated them into three tiers, considering the overall number of prospects and how many of them should be first-rounders. I also picked an under-the-radar program to watch -- I had eventual national champion Indiana in last year's version, but I'm going to the Big 12 this time around.

Let's start with a stacked team looking to take the next step.

Tier 1: Texas, Oregon, Notre Dame then Miami

Tier 2: Ohio State, Georgia, Ole Miss, South Carolina

Tier 3: LSU, Indiana, Oklahoma

Under the Radar: BYU
 
i

Miami​

Top prospect to know: Ahmad Moten Sr., DT
Sleeper prospect to watch: Marquise Lightfoot, Edge
Game circled on the schedule: at Notre Dame, Nov. 7

Miami's defense lost two first-round edge rushers in Rueben Bain Jr. and Akheem Mesidor, but its defensive front is still strong. Moten enters the season as my top-ranked defensive tackle and his running mate, Justin Scott, is another early-round-caliber prospect. Edge rusher Damon Wilson II is expected to help fill the Bain/Mesidor void and is getting late Day 2 grades from scouts after finishing with nine sacks last season. Lightfoot and Armondo Blount are two more edges who could break out and jump into draft consideration.

Darian Mensah is Miami's latest quarterback transfer and should join Cam Wardand Carson Beck as NFL draft picks. He finished with 3,973 passing yards, 34 touchdowns and six interceptions last season at Duke and is a polished passer who steps into a ready-made situation. He could even emerge into Round 1 consideration.

Mensah's top target last season, wide receiver Cooper Barkate, also transferred to Miami, as did Vandrevius Jacobs (South Carolina). Both primarily have Day 3 grades. Tight end Elija Lofton steps into a full-time starting role and could rise. Running back Mark Fletcher Jr. surprisingly returned after a strong finish to 2025. He's a determined runner who has received a mixture of third- and fourth-round grades. The Hurricanes also have two draftable offensive linemen in guard Samson Okunlola and tackle Matthew McCoy.

Miami's secondary is arguably the deepest in the country, with cornerback Romanas Frederique Jr. breaking out last season. He is a savvy technician with the potential to develop into a top-50 prospect if he can improve his durability and ball skills (one interception in two seasons). Fellow corner Xavier Lucas was more consistent than Frederique, earning mostly midround grades. Cornerback Ethan O'Connor and safety Zechariah Poyser, an aggressive downhill run stopper, are late-rounders. And linebackers Mohamed Toure and Chase Smith are late-round hopefuls. Toure is especially fascinating, as he enters his eighth season of college football.


Predicted first-rounders: 3
Predicted total draft picks: 10
 
i

Miami​

Top prospect to know: Ahmad Moten Sr., DT
Sleeper prospect to watch: Marquise Lightfoot, Edge
Game circled on the schedule: at Notre Dame, Nov. 7




Predicted first-rounders: 3
Predicted total draft picks: 10
Time for my annual "I know nothing about the NFL draft hot take that people yell at me about" last year was Markel Bell goes first round. Wrong.

This year.....Marquise Lightfoot gets drafted higher than Damon Wilson, and not cause Wilson played poorly.
 
Time for my annual "I know nothing about the NFL draft hot take that people yell at me about" last year was Markel Bell goes first round. Wrong.

This year.....Marquise Lightfoot gets drafted higher than Damon Wilson, and not cause Wilson played poorly.
I can dig the hot take. Hoping the Chicity kids, Scott + Lightfoot, stay for one more go-around
 
Better chance we win natty if they show out so much they leave early though, 😉

I have a lot going on in life right now so it would be a huge help if Miami could win the championship in the upcoming season so that I can stop watching sports. I just need to see one more UM championship in my lifetime and then I’ll be happy to not watch another minute of any sport.
 
I have a lot going on in life right now so it would be a huge help if Miami could win the championship in the upcoming season so that I can stop watching sports. I just need to see one more UM championship in my lifetime and then I’ll be happy to not watch another minute of any sport.
Wow, I’m sorry to hear that, I hope things get better!
 
I have a lot going on in life right now so it would be a huge help if Miami could win the championship in the upcoming season so that I can stop watching sports. I just need to see one more UM championship in my lifetime and then I’ll be happy to not watch another minute of any sport.

Hoping things get better for you super soon.
 
Time for my annual "I know nothing about the NFL draft hot take that people yell at me about" last year was Markel Bell goes first round. Wrong.

This year.....Marquise Lightfoot gets drafted higher than Damon Wilson, and not cause Wilson played poorly.
Disagree. Lightfoot has been working with JT for years now. I expect him to ball with the added weight. I predict he gets a 3rd round grade, comes back, and becomes a first rounder the following year. I expect Wilson to improve the most on the D line since this will be his first season working with JT and practicing how we do. D has mentioned that he is getting coached very hard. I expect him to absolutely dominate this season and go first round.
 
Back
Top