2024 Aydin Breland 4* DT from Mater Dei

Advertisement
Whats crazy is UGA has like 5 DT’s committed and like 8 DLineman, also about to flip that UF decommit.

Obviously a guy like this isn’t scared of numbers, but sheesh. Their room is stacked.
They are playing the overload game knowing that at least 2 of those DTs will hit the portal in two years.

No way all those guys plus the DTs they already have will see the field.

They’re just going to load up, see who pans out and deal with the consequences.

Some recruits would play with us and never sign up, even if we put 50 d linemen in the league and won 5 national championships in five years.

I don't really buy that. We can't really prove it yet, but recruiting has changed big time since we were actually good. Most kids used to stay close to home and while some still do, recruiting has gone national. With the way television and the internet in particular has shrunk the landscape, kids go wherever now. In particular if you're a stud player. You can literally be anywhere in the world and see your kid play.

We enter the elite ranks, we'll have elite recruiting. The funny thing about that is the NIL game needs to be stronger now than it would be if we were Ballin.

I did a compete break down on the class last year versus this year and it was a high majority Florida , south Florida or Img kids we could recruit hard year round. Even Popo was a Cuban kid who has roots here. This class doesn’t have near the same talent in state. To recruit elite national kids you need to prove it on the field and with development. One game doesn’t magically change that. But one game has changed the mood and you know you see it and feel it.
For our current state, I'd imagine it's "only as good as the last game." At least as it pertains to this quality of recruit.

Advertisement
No, I don't.

Recruits wanted UM to show that we're on the right track. We just did. We have a lot of season ahead, but I think we have a legit opportunity to finish with 10 wins. If a recruit that we were after isn't willing to give UM a fair shot after this, then there is nothing that would have convinced him in the first place and he's been wasting everyone's time.
Just imagine, people getting upset at recruits for not being bought in yet. Meanwhile while the teams fanbase still talks **** all throughout a free public website.

They are playing the overload game knowing that at least 2 of those DTs will hit the portal in two years.

No way all those guys plus the DTs they already have will see the field.

They’re just going to load up, see who pans out and deal with the consequences.
Just crazy these kids don't realize it. I guess they all think they will come in and be the best and play...so annoying we can't seem to land these studs at this position. Need 1 of him or stone

Advertisement
Both UM and UO. Last I checked on UM’s side, over $1.2mm may have even been bumped since then. Oregon is right there. Doesn’t matter. He’s going to UGA for next to nothing.
Could you imagine getting paid $400k/yr to go to Miami for college... Elite 3 years of life.

Even crazier is could you imagine getting offered that then saying no to go to ******* Auburn/Oklahoma and wherever else some of these DLineman are picking...

Once again, I'll say if I were a 5star recruit Miami, USC, and Texas would be my top 3 regardless what else is going on.

My nephew & him are close. This one's nowhere near a sealed deal like most on here would like to make it seem.
I know this doesn't fit this tread. But I value your eye for talent and honest opinions. How close are we talent and coaching-wise to being a consistent top 5-7ish team? A class or two away? Or do we still have a ways to go?

Advertisement
I did a compete break down on the class last year versus this year and it was a high majority Florida , south Florida or Img kids we could recruit hard year round. Even Popo was a Cuban kid who has roots here. This class doesn’t have near the same talent in state. To recruit elite national kids you need to prove it on the field and with development. One game doesn’t magically change that. But one game has changed the mood and you know you see it and feel it.
Don’t matter as long as we got Dawson well
Just our score everyone
Mario is smart he went and got a dc that doesn’t need whales at dt to succeed
Finally got a coach I feel
Is gonna have the talent play above their rankings
It’s opposite for too long

heath ledger joker GIF

Could you imagine getting paid $400k/yr to go to Miami for college... Elite 3 years of life.

Even crazier is could you imagine getting offered that then saying no to go to ******* Auburn/Oklahoma and wherever else some of these DLineman are picking...

Once again, I'll say if I were a 5star recruit Miami, USC, and Texas would be my top 3 regardless what else is going on.
400k I’m Miami is middle class
Same thing with all the major cities
400k in norman ok, might make u 1%
in Miami 400k can’t flex without the guy next to me flexing harder
College pssy is More abundant and I am absolute baller king
I could see why kids go to the small college towns

Advertisement
We need to land a couple of these 5-star elite out of state DT's. The excuses about how it's hard are irrelevant. Just pay the NIL and make it happen.
It’s like qb there just not many elite guys every year
At least jones is better than judd

USC would be tough to turn down.

On that note, a little tidbit most people don’t know: C Williams is sharing his massive NIL pot with all his teammates.

400k I’m Miami is middle class
Same thing with all the major cities
400k in norman ok, might make u 1%
in Miami 400k can’t flex without the guy next to me flexing harder
College pssy is More abundant and I am absolute baller king
I could see why kids go to the small college towns
I’d personally go to Miami and then SC but that’s just me. That said I get why kids go to the country schools. I also get and respect and kids that bleed football and go where football is taken most seriously.

I’d personally go to Miami and then SC but that’s just me. That said I get why kids go to the country schools. I also get and respect and kids that bleed football and go where football is taken most seriously.
Exactly
I would personally fo to Stamford or an ivy if I had a chance
But I like playing odds and odds of me not making it big in nfl is very high so I would just get that other meal ticket

Advertisement
Back