Awsi Dooger

Advertisement
kingofpopcorn1.gif

Assy Booger will give you his predictions AFTER the game, but the one tip he it's willing to give beforehand it's that the team that runs the triple option should win the NC. That's what he's told us in the past.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm in my 50s and don't hang out on message boards. Sorry for the tardy reply. I haven't visited this site since last night, before this thread existed. Yeah, I can be longwinded. I don't apologize for that. I don't hang around and wait for others to reply, and then get into pointless arguments with nobody changing each other's mind. If I have a window and see a topic that I have an opinion on, I try to cover it in depth before departing.

I rooted for Ohio State but didn't bet the game. As I've posted on this site for a couple of years, and on other message boards for more than a decade, the common denominator in college national championship teams invariably is excellent pass defense. The national champ is almost always in the Top 10 nationally in yards per attempt allowed. Ohio State at 7th (5.8) was the only team among the final four that qualified. I posted that here not long ago.

There were some cautionary aspects that caused me to stay away. Primary was the lack of playing time for the Buckeye quarterback. The Ohio State passing stats were very good overall but obviously the vast majority of them were accomplished with other players at the position. Therefore the +3.4 YPPA Differential wasn't as rock solid reliable as typical. Oregon was also rated higher than Ohio State in preseason, which is one of the criteria I use.

Naturally I felt stupid during the game for not having a wager on Ohio State plus the generous points. As I posted here after the semifinal games, Ohio State is the model we should use, not Oregon. The type who salivate over Oregon is the Mike Leach crew, merely transplanted. They shifted their finesse fetish when it seemed proper. Oregon is more legit than Texas Tech ever was since they rely on high volume runs, not short passes, which are the definition of death. But it's still a pathetic fragile team, easily and brutally exposed against the proper opponent. As I mentioned in that thread recently, Ohio State can beat you with either method, force or flash. Once Oregon's cupcake trickery is taken away, they have nothing to fall back on. I had to laugh tonight when Herbstreit emphasized twice that Oregon isn't built to function on 3rd and 6 or greater. Yeah, that's the type of team I want to emulate. If we don't pull off our slight of hand on the first two plays, we essentially fold.

How could the Dolphins be fooled by Dion Jordan? The Ducks have 50 guys like that, skinny and running all over the place.

Overall this was an awesome outcome. I dreaded the prospect of more coaches emulating the Oregon approach. And it really should be an extremely therapeutic result for Canes fans. The frothing fixation on Ohio State for more than a decade led nowhere. They are on the top of the college football world and we are currently irrelevant. For anyone who desperately rooted against Ohio State tonight based on that Fiesta Bowl 12 seasons ago, you were forced to align with a weakling team. How did that feel? Oregon was mauled physically all night. If not for self-inflicted turnovers the margin was rightfully higher. Given our heritage we should have delighted in the vulnerable team being exposed in the trenches. Instead, too many actually rooted for them.

And yes, during the late stages of the game I did wonder how Georgia Tech would have fared against the Buckeyes. Outmanned physically, obviously, but that offense always has potential to control the ball and the clock, if the quarterback is special.

We'll wait for a forthcoming season for Georgia Tech to falter. Then the always-brilliant "high school offense" types will show up in force, as if the Orange Bowl victory never happened. SAMs are anything but undependable.

I've posted my betting systems for more than a decade on the internet, on pro and college football and basketball and golf and numerous other sports. They are plug and play, like teaching to fish, not subjective malarkey. I'm certainly not going to babysit and point out every game that fits the criteria. Recently I've been doing it on Finheaven because there are a number of sharp guys there, guys who gamble and have shared tips and opinions with me. My NFL playoff system is based on YPPA Differential, taking any team with at least a .5 yard advantage over its opponent during the regular season. Check (the late) Bud Goode's site for the so-called Killer Stat. Again, I've posted this system for years in the internet. It had a great run in recent seasons, far above the norm. This year it has cooled off to 3-2, still decent but kind of fortunate. The victory on Green Bay yesterday was accomplished only when the bettors drove that number down as low as -4.5 on gameday morning, after being -5.5 and -6 most of the week. It dipped to -5 but since 5 is normally not a key number in football, with bettors not afraid of taking 5 in either direction, I decided to wait. Sure enough, -4.5 showed up for 20 minutes at 5Dimes, along with Las Vegas joints like Wynn and Westgate. These days I don't get nearly as many great numbers as when I was full time in Las Vegas. This was a rare and somewhat lucky exception.

Lots of other systems. Too many to mention. Bet against any NFL team that is .500 or worse after 4+ games if they are -6 or higher at home. That one had a terrific season, primarily thanks to the New Orleans Saints, who flopped 4 different times in that role. Another good angle in college or pro football and basketball is to oppose any home underdog that won its most recent game outright, also as a home underdog. That had a big win in the NFL final week when Dallas crushed Washington on the road, one week after the Redskins upset Philadelphia as home dog.

Again, I've posted this stuff countless times, along with many more angles. Based on sound principals, and tons of research. The angles will continue to work long after all of us are gone.

I'm in my 50s and don't hang out on message boards. Sorry for the tardy reply. I haven't visited this site since last night, before this thread existed. Yeah, I can be longwinded. I don't apologize for that. I don't hang around and wait for others to reply, and then get into pointless arguments with nobody changing each other's mind. If I have a window and see a topic that I have an opinion on, I try to cover it in depth before departing.

I rooted for Ohio State but didn't bet the game. As I've posted on this site for a couple of years, and on other message boards for more than a decade, the common denominator in college national championship teams invariably is excellent pass defense. The national champ is almost always in the Top 10 nationally in yards per attempt allowed. Ohio State at 7th (5.8) was the only team among the final four that qualified. I posted that here not long ago.

There were some cautionary aspects that caused me to stay away. Primary was the lack of playing time for the Buckeye quarterback. The Ohio State passing stats were very good overall but obviously the vast majority of them were accomplished with other players at the position. Therefore the +3.4 YPPA Differential wasn't as rock solid reliable as typical. Oregon was also rated higher than Ohio State in preseason, which is one of the criteria I use.

Naturally I felt stupid during the game for not having a wager on Ohio State plus the generous points. As I posted here after the semifinal games, Ohio State is the model we should use, not Oregon. The type who salivate over Oregon is the Mike Leach crew, merely transplanted. They shifted their finesse fetish when it seemed proper. Oregon is more legit than Texas Tech ever was since they rely on high volume runs, not short passes, which are the definition of death. But it's still a pathetic fragile team, easily and brutally exposed against the proper opponent. As I mentioned in that thread recently, Ohio State can beat you with either method, force or flash. Once Oregon's cupcake trickery is taken away, they have nothing to fall back on. I had to laugh tonight when Herbstreit emphasized twice that Oregon isn't built to function on 3rd and 6 or greater. Yeah, that's the type of team I want to emulate. If we don't pull off our slight of hand on the first two plays, we essentially fold.

How could the Dolphins be fooled by Dion Jordan? The Ducks have 50 guys like that, skinny and running all over the place.

Overall this was an awesome outcome. I dreaded the prospect of more coaches emulating the Oregon approach. And it really should be an extremely therapeutic result for Canes fans. The frothing fixation on Ohio State for more than a decade led nowhere. They are on the top of the college football world and we are currently irrelevant. For anyone who desperately rooted against Ohio State tonight based on that Fiesta Bowl 12 seasons ago, you were forced to align with a weakling team. How did that feel? Oregon was mauled physically all night. If not for self-inflicted turnovers the margin was rightfully higher. Given our heritage we should have delighted in the vulnerable team being exposed in the trenches. Instead, too many actually rooted for them.

And yes, during the late stages of the game I did wonder how Georgia Tech would have fared against the Buckeyes. Outmanned physically, obviously, but that offense always has potential to control the ball and the clock, if the quarterback is special.

We'll wait for a forthcoming season for Georgia Tech to falter. Then the always-brilliant "high school offense" types will show up in force, as if the Orange Bowl victory never happened. SAMs are anything but undependable.

I've posted my betting systems for more than a decade on the internet, on pro and college football and basketball and golf and numerous other sports. They are plug and play, like teaching to fish, not subjective malarkey. I'm certainly not going to babysit and point out every game that fits the criteria. Recently I've been doing it on Finheaven because there are a number of sharp guys there, guys who gamble and have shared tips and opinions with me. My NFL playoff system is based on YPPA Differential, taking any team with at least a .5 yard advantage over its opponent during the regular season. Check (the late) Bud Goode's site for the so-called Killer Stat. Again, I've posted this system for years in the internet. It had a great run in recent seasons, far above the norm. This year it has cooled off to 3-2, still decent but kind of fortunate. The victory on Green Bay yesterday was accomplished only when the bettors drove that number down as low as -4.5 on gameday morning, after being -5.5 and -6 most of the week. It dipped to -5 but since 5 is normally not a key number in football, with bettors not afraid of taking 5 in either direction, I decided to wait. Sure enough, -4.5 showed up for 20 minutes at 5Dimes, along with Las Vegas joints like Wynn and Westgate. These days I don't get nearly as many great numbers as when I was full time in Las Vegas. This was a rare and somewhat lucky exception.

Lots of other systems. Too many to mention. Bet against any NFL team that is .500 or worse after 4+ games if they are -6 or higher at home. That one had a terrific season, primarily thanks to the New Orleans Saints, who flopped 4 different times in that role. Another good angle in college or pro football and basketball is to oppose any home underdog that won its most recent game outright, also as a home underdog. That had a big win in the NFL final week when Dallas crushed Washington on the road, one week after the Redskins upset Philadelphia as home dog.

Again, I've posted this stuff countless times, along with many more angles. Based on sound principals, and tons of research. The angles will continue to work long after all of us are gone.

This is like one of those agreement policies that everyone clicks "yes, i agree" but no one actually reads!

Assy Booger will give you his predictions AFTER the game, but the one tip he it's willing to give beforehand it's that the team that runs the triple option should win the NC. That's what he's told us in the past.

Yeah, I'm waiting for his prediction, and after I see it, I give you mine. Not that anyone cares.

Advertisement

Seriously thanks for the reply. I thought OSU would win and I based that more on what I knew of their HC then actual team stats.

Its obvious your formula works more often than not.

Seriously thanks for the reply. I thought OSU would win and I based that more on what I knew of their HC then actual team stats.

Its obvious your formula works more often than not.

da fuq you on today homie? Dude hasn't ever given a pick before a game on here.

Advertisement

And there we go, found a way to work in the triple option, never fails! Wondering how GT would've fared against Ohio State, classic stuff!

I think the team that turns the ball over the most will win going away..... I meant to post this yesterday, but yeah, I didn't. ;o)

War and peace *** ni gga

Dolphins traded Vontae Davis away for a Dion Jordan. DIE Jeff Ireland!!!

Advertisement
Back