Away Game Tickets

Ugh need two tickets for me and pops but he’s an old head that needs a seat with a back lol secondary market is looking disgusting in those sections but idk if both teams are Top 5 if those types of tickets will be cheaper than now.
 
The allocation of ND tickets raises some questions on the benefits of donating to the Hurricane Club as it pertains to away game ticket requests.

From what I've gathered in this thread, you needed to have donated at least $750 to get a pair of tickets at $200 apiece for a total spend of $1,150. Get-in right now for a pair is $610 x 2 = $1,220.

Everyone seems to have gotten Clemson. Those tickets were $140 apiece, while the secondary market looks great at the moment with premium seats already under $300.

Last year's playoff run was a debacle, as A&M had very low supply in mediocre sections and Cotton Bowl nosebleeds were charged at $200 apiece while the get-in plummeted to $65 at kickoff.

It seems the math only checks out if we make the National Championship game, as the difference between face value and the get-in price was in the thousands last year.

Need a more compelling pitch than 'you'll only come out ahead if we make the natty'
 
I wonder what the get-in price will be if it ends up being a top 5ish matchup if we have a combined 0-1 losses. I had extra tickets to the last one there and I literally could not give them away at the door. Yes, we sucked, but the Cubs also were in the World Series that day.
The cheapest price right now is 600 and that’s in the nosebleeds
 
The allocation of ND tickets raises some questions on the benefits of donating to the Hurricane Club as it pertains to away game ticket requests.

From what I've gathered in this thread, you needed to have donated at least $750 to get a pair of tickets at $200 apiece for a total spend of $1,150. Get-in right now for a pair is $610 x 2 = $1,220.

Everyone seems to have gotten Clemson. Those tickets were $140 apiece, while the secondary market looks great at the moment with premium seats already under $300.

Last year's playoff run was a debacle, as A&M had very low supply in mediocre sections and Cotton Bowl nosebleeds were charged at $200 apiece while the get-in plummeted to $65 at kickoff.

It seems the math only checks out if we make the National Championship game, as the difference between face value and the get-in price was in the thousands last year.

Need a more compelling pitch than 'you'll only come out ahead if we make the natty'
Depends on your preferences and priority. I donate to the HC because it helps the athletic department. I prefer sitting in the guaranteed Miami sections for big away games. It was easier and cheaper to get club seating for Cotton and Fiesta Bowls. Was able to get A&M tix full alottment. Got the full allotment for CFP championship and used all . Priority for NCAA basketball tournament and ACC tournaments.Other perks depending on your level. So there are intrinsic value for me. It is a business write off for me because of the 501(c) status so there is that. Whatever you can afford and how much you plan on using it is a huge factor, too.
 
Last edited:
I got the email and requested tickets for the ND game wasn’t able to get my ticket request fulfilled.
 
I still need a ticket for Notre Dame game. Let me know if anyone willing to sell an extra? I didn't make the cut for hurricane club either.
Thanks
 
Depends on your preferences and priority. I donate to the HC because it helps the athletic department. I prefer sitting in the guaranteed Miami sections for big away games. It was easier and cheaper to get club seating for Cotton and Fiesta Bowls. Was able to get A&M tix full alottment. Got the full allotment for CFP championship and used all . Priority for NCAA basketball tournament and ACC tournaments.Other perks depending on your level. So there are intrinsic value for me. It is a business write off for me because of the 501(c) status so there is that. Whatever you can afford and how much you plan on using it is a huge favor, too.

i agree. if you go to away games, paying more to the HC may even be cheaper than having to pay for tickets in the secondary market.

i screwed up my giving and fell to cat 3.
 
i agree. if you go to away games, paying more to the HC may even be cheaper than having to pay for tickets in the secondary market.

i screwed up my giving and fell to cat 3.

It really depends on the away games on the calendar; this years is in high demand, because of ND, Clemson and Wake (seats only 31k and generally sells out).
 
the get in price will be far, far lower than that closer to the game.
I doubt it. If Miami and ND merely meet expectations, this will be a top 5 matchup with a possibility of a 1 vs 2. Get in may be significantly higher by Gameday . It’s a gamble and one a lot of people aren’t willing to take.

No matter what, I’ll be there. Locked up my tickets, I’m taking my old man, he’s always wanted to see that stadium.
 
i agree. if you go to away games, paying more to the HC may even be cheaper than having to pay for tickets in the secondary market.

i screwed up my giving and fell to cat 3.
That is exactly why I updated to Cat 4 this year. It was cutting it close last year at Cat 3. They ran out for A&M in the middle of Cat 3 so the priority came down to accumulated points within Cat 3.
 
I doubt it. If Miami and ND merely meet expectations, this will be a top 5 matchup with a possibility of a 1 vs 2. Get in may be significantly higher by Gameday . It’s a gamble and one a lot of people aren’t willing to take.

No matter what, I’ll be there. Locked up my tickets, I’m taking my old man, he’s always wanted to see that stadium.
If Clemson beats LSU, then we are rolling in and playing an undefeated team. It will be a tough ticket.
 
i agree. if you go to away games, paying more to the HC may even be cheaper than having to pay for tickets in the secondary market.

i screwed up my giving and fell to cat 3.
That is exactly why I updated to Cat 4 this year. It was cutting it close last year at Cat 3. They ran out for A&M in the middle of Cat 3 so the priority came down to accumulated points within Cat 3.
Yeah $3k minimum donation for corner end zone seats is a tough sell. Resale market was strong for the entire postseason, natty excluded.

UM should be doing more to extract as much money out of its fans as possible while conveying maximum benefit.

Instead, based on the aggregate donor profile, it seems like the overwhelming majority are better off donating the bare minimum and shopping around (again, natty excluded).
 
Back
Top