Avante Williams

Advertisement
First of all he's not elite at all, his coverage skills are subpar, he has good straight line speed but his football intangibles are nonexistent. Go watch him in drills at the opening, he was getting spun around like a turnstile in one on one coverage.

He's an athlete that happens to play Safety, not a pure Safety. Has very low instincts & takes lots of false steps in covering downfield. He can run & is a natural athlete, but he really doesn't know what he's doing at DB, I honestly think he would be better off as a RB.

As far as his recruitment, he's been out on Miami since he decommitted from us in the first place, he ain't coming & hasn't been since last year. The staff already moved on to other prospects anyway.

He's going to UF if they want him, UGA was showing interest a few months ago but they've cooled on him.
His 40 is faster than Brian Balom's but in their high school track history of meets- corrected for head wind they are equal at 100m. Balom is more physical in the box and a larger framed individual that can carry more muscle.

Advertisement
so Oregon has a chain now? this is a post from last month... I do find it strange the he had an OV there last weekend but posted nothing ..

Why is he warming his hands over a car in fire or whatever? Is that code for "come here and we'll get you a mustang" or something? Looks dumb, maybe I'm just getting old

First of all he's not elite at all, his coverage skills are subpar, he has good straight line speed but his football intangibles are nonexistent. Go watch him in drills at the opening, he was getting spun around like a turnstile in one on one coverage.

He's an athlete that happens to play Safety, not a pure Safety. Has very low instincts & takes lots of false steps in covering downfield. He can run & is a natural athlete, but he really doesn't know what he's doing at DB, I honestly think he would be better off as a RB.

As far as his recruitment, he's been out on Miami since he decommitted from us in the first place, he ain't coming & hasn't been since last year. The staff already moved on to other prospects anyway.

He's going to UF if they want him, UGA was showing interest a few months ago but they've cooled on him.

So what you're saying is he's got that

94 SPD
78 AGI
80 ACC
28 AWR
62 ZONE
58 MAN

profile at ATH that starts as a four-star 76 OVR that you scout down to a 68 OVR with that unfortunate BROKEN red gem that kind of looks like a broken heart.

You know what I'm sayin, right bruh?

Advertisement
I remember him sitting out the Opening or some camp that I found odd that he just randomly pulled out of in the middle of it due to "injury". Funny after reading how he didn't look to hot it makes sense why he sat out.

Kids like this you look back on 3 years from now and are glad you didn't take them and they snubbed you. Kind of like Nadab Joseph types. Kids who just never seem to get it right and get lost in the web of recruiting anyway.

This kid is clearly a boom or bust type. No in between. Either he will go to Oregon and become an All-Pac 12 star or he will be out of there within a year and back home at UCF/USF because he wants to "be closer to his daughter".

Also, just for my records, name me the last Florida kid that went to Oregon and actually stayed all 4 years and amounted to anything?

Advertisement
Any update on avantae williams ? I know we had some interest in him and alot of people said that he wasnt going to stick with oregon, but i havent heard any thing new on him, is he solid with oregon or is he one of them no interview guys ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back