Avantae Williams

Advertisement
Hope we stop taking these early commits. Or encourage dudes to make sure they absolutely sure . I’d rather they change their minds without it having to include a decommitment from us
Yea great idea...... I'm sure our policy should be don't accept commits and couple that with "hey are you sure".... and we should be golden

I'll say it again, take all of your visits first THEN commit. Have your fun, uncommitted, and then make a decision. The staff shouldn't take kids who haven't been on any unofficials to other schools
So the kid wants to commit and we should say no...... what kind of dumb are our fans

When are we officially able to try and marginalize this loss with short comings that are either fake or were overlooked a mere 24 hours ago?

This is the guy that ran from the competition at IMG right?

Advertisement
Yeah, don't accept commitments that early? So spending 2 years trying to pry them away from other teams is better than making other teams chase us? How about having a thicker skin so you can handle the ones who commit/decommit/maybe recommit.

If you aren’t in the current class I don’t even view you as a commit. 16-18 year old boys aren’t even committed to their breakfast tomm, so you know their recruiting will be a mess.

Advertisement
Personally I don’t care who decommits . Doesn’t affect my life . As a Cane fan I don’t think it’s a good look for the team to have a lot of decommits . I’m not saying straight up tell kids no . All I’m saying is encourage them to do their due diligence and then make a decision . Not push for commits based off of visit highs .

As a matter of fact I think a current commit said he appreciated our staff encouraging him to take his time while other staffs pushed for commits .

So the kid wants to commit and we should say no...... what kind of dumb are our fans
Moreso encourage them to visit other schools first before committing especially future classes. Think it gives the staff a chance to evaluate the kid more. If he comes back and he still has that same energy then accept his commitment. If the feeling isn't mutual after the visits, continue recruiting him. That way at least you'd know what's up beforehand instead of being blindsided later on.

The reason why I don’t even get excited about commitments from 2020, 2021, 2022 kids when we are only in 2018. Holla at me 9-12 months out.

This is why you cant get to high or low on kids that won’t be here for 3 years.

Advertisement
@[B]d1champ99[/B]

I know nothing of my cousins reasons for Decomitting but i do know he all about his business, football is a business. Wish you best of luck on your once in a lifetime journey fam
1f44c-1f3fe.png
1f4af.png
@SlowDownBoy7

From Lorenzo today

I believe you have recruits who are also fans of the sport and you have recruits who love playing football but not so much are a fan.

Some guys want to go to certain schools regardless and then you have others who truly do view college football as a stepping stone. Both are valid reasons.

To go with that most of these guys are trying to find the best fit of exposure, winning, and playing time. These things are so fluid with injuries, transfers, dismissals, coaching changes etc that they can change so much with the early commitments.

Hope hes on board but rarely do these guys recommit to the same school again from what I have seen. But you have to respect his decision. When he committed our secondary looked a lot different.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back