Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just glad that ESPN picked up on this for their front page. Can we manage to not make front pages news every time something bad happens? Sh*t happens all of the time at other universities across the country but it doesn’t make headlines. Dude spends 5 minutes at the U and it’s front page.

Not saying that he may not be a scum bag, but let’s assume all charges end up being dropped and he is never suspended from the team permanently; do you think that will be a front page follow up if it comes out at all? I wish the media would just let it go. The 80’s were 40 years ago!
This is as about as slow a news cycle around this time of year as it gets. For a backup safety at UM to make front page proves that. If this had happened in the Fall when NFL, college football, NBA, NHL and MLB are in full swing this wouldnt even be on the radar unless Tae was a superstar player.

Advertisement
Saban took a chance on a rapist from GA, and apparently the kid reoffended, yet you can bet money that their fans (and many others) will start the "same old Miami thugs" mantra after this one, when the truth is that, as far as anyone knows, especially Diaz, this kid had no past record of any such behavior.

Not true...that kid was accused of domestic violence at UGA, not rape. And He didn't reoffend, the victim in the subsequent case recanted her story and was charged with false reporting...Saban dismissed Him from the team anyway.

She could have easily been the one attacking him and he could of been protecting himself.....DONT JUMP THE GUN
writing this as someone who watched my mother being beaten by my father as a child...have personally handled multiple people for putting their hands on females. IMO there’s is nothing more soft than that. With that being said, also...was once attacked by my ex-wife when she was pregnant with our daughter. She was not a little girl by any means and packed a harder punch then 90% of the fistfights I’ve been in with males....had to sit there and take every punch..to the face....knew that if I even tried to block one of the punches I could go to jail for years. So I took it. Every hit. Didn’t bother calling the cops because I didn’t want her going to jail with my daughter in her belly, but also I knew that even though I was the one who got battered, I could STILL go to jail for being a man. Ended up raising my daughter on my own who is now almost 18 and is literally everything to me. Her mother has been a dead-beat. Point being that I agree with you. .. let’s not jump to conclusions until we know the facts.

Advertisement
Blood gtfoh. She’s pregnant, dog! The Fck? WALK AWAY! Curse out, call her her name, but walk away.

There’s a billion & 1 options, homie. I’ve been there.
This is true and I also will add that he probably escalated the situation by verbally attacking her to get out and move faster with packing her stuff. Which absolutely wasnt necessary on his end.. That more than likely could have set her off and MAYBE she physically engaged him which could have lead him to push her down in order to get her off of him.

Im not totally canceling him if he was being attacked and tried to get her off of him to get away but I will condemn him for being a ******* and getting upset because the mother of his 2.5 kids wasnt moving fast enough out of his apartment which is what started this whole thing. WTF are you kicking her out for anyway? Where she going? Back to Deland with your kids? Smh. Immature stance on his part. (if that indeed happened which was allegedly in the police report)

Advertisement
The only thing I'll say is this:

I hope his ex-girlfriend and the baby are ok and nothing serious happens.

This becomes bigger than football at this point. Avante will have to answer to the charges if what went down is all true and if he has to be dismissed from the program then so be it... but its more than that. It sounds like he does need help in life and I hope he can get it all together. I hope Manny, The University... can do everything within their power to assist him and I don't mean that from a legal sense.

He got the help He needed when He got a full ride to The University Of Miami. There's kids out there that don't play football, do everything right, stay outta trouble, have the GPA & test scores, want to go to UM, but can't because their parents don't have the bread. Yet here we are giving scholarships and making excuses for a loser with a rap sheet.

Mario and his former db coach Dontae Williams convinced this kid to stay closer to home to be with his kids. Probably should have went to Eugene anyways...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not true...that kid was accused of domestic violence at UGA, not rape. And He didn't reoffend, the victim in the subsequent case recanted her story and was charged with false reporting...Saban dismissed Him from the team anyway.
Oh so sorry, your right, we should be taking kids with prior domestic violence charges since it wasn't rape.

Seriously, thank you for correcting the facts, but the fact that the "reoffense" didn't turn out to be true really wasn't my point.

He got the help He needed when He got a full ride to The University Of Miami. There's kids out there that don't play football, do everything right, stay outta trouble, have the GPA & test scores, want to go to UM, but can't because their parents don't have the bread. Yet here we are giving scholarships and making excuses for a loser with a rap sheet.

Certainly don't disagree with anything you said and no one should be making excuses for him. His actions led to his current predicament and like I said if this means he is dismissed from the program then so be it, but at a human level and maybe this is me because of my background in what I do for a living but I don't just give up on people. That's what I mean by saying doing anything you can to assist him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back