Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 counts probably means twins. Putting your hands on a visibly pregnant woman is a felony charge on its own. Sad because I met Tae and he seemed like a good hearted but still very young minded man. This is not good for him or the young lady.

Advertisement
**** a narrative and the image..what’s right is right..and everyone should have the right for due process..and if the details u say are true then the program should handle accordingly..

Ugh, man.... I'm cool with you, but this screams "I don't live in the real world."

It's a private school. Private schools are allowed to operate as they see fit.

What's right and how things actually work are two entirely different things.

I like how this thread turned into 2 pencil-___s measuring who is the bigger douche. In other news until he is released from the school I would say there is potential we don't have all the facts. Miami will make the final decision whether or not Manny has any input is irrelevant. In all scenarios the alleged victim is given the benefit of the doubt initially. Within the next 48 hours we will know the severity no sense formulating conclusions yet.

I love the fact that he gets immediately petty and childish when someone presents a point of view that is differing from his, either using some form of insult or denunciation.

It screams juvenile behaviour, but hey, what do I know...

No, he seems really bright. I'm sure he's about to tell us all about how NASA hired him at 12 and specifically let him rock a purple mohawk and ripped JNCO's.

Advertisement
I'm sure about this.

The institution did weigh in on this. They suspended Williams immediately. That's a pretty hefty weigh in.

Remember, The U kicked out Jermaine Grace for just being associated (and probably covering for) AQM. I guarantee you Al Golden had no say in that, and believe he is on record saying as much.
Ok maybe I missed that where the institution suspended him as well. Just saw that he was suspended from football related activities.

Werent we on probation still when that JG and AQM thing happened? Or we were in the midst of the Shapiro scandal so we had to be a clean as possible. That whole era I have erased from memory so I dont really remember. lol.

My point is that even if the charges are dropped and the instituation lets him back in as a student... Manny could still suspend him from the team for the year. That is having some say in my book.

Well, at least not a pregnant woman :noidea:

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement
Ok maybe I missed that where the institution suspended him as well. Just saw that he was suspended from football related activities.

Werent we on probation still when that JG and AQM thing happened? Or we were in the midst of the Shapiro scandal so we had to be a clean as possible. That whole era I have erased from memory so I dont really remember. lol.

My point is that even if the charges are dropped and the instituation lets him back in as a student... Manny could still suspend him from the team for the year. That is having some say in my book.

I'm not saying I heard the institution suspended him, but in my recollection it doesn't work that way for football players. Logically, if you're not on the team, you're not on scholarship. So unless he's ready to write a check for about $70K, the next logical step is he's out of the school. There's just no reason to be suspended from the team AND the school.

Yeah, we were on probation. And I think Miami finally learned from that how much the NCAA just wants to ***** us, and is no longer willing to poke that bear.

I hear you, but we're talking about two different things. I'm saying if Miami dismisses him, it won't have anything to do with input from Manny, for better or worse.

Ugh, man.... I'm cool with you, but this screams "I don't live in the real world."

It's a private school. Private schools are allowed to operate as they see fit.

What's right and how things actually work are two entirely different things.
I agree with that..

Let the facts play out. Any number of things could have happened. A pregnant woman who finds out her partner was unfaithful could say any number of things in anger. Conversely, if what they say happened actually happened you have to cut ties. No place for that in society.

Advertisement
A player's hair is just as much in play as the rest of his body, and it is even legal to tackle a runner by the hair or a handful can be called a holding penalty. ... The casebook already has a distinction that a player can be down by contact if a defender only touches the hair of a ball carrier on the ground.

Yes i am an idiot.

I'm sure about this.

The institution did weigh in on this. They suspended Williams immediately. That's a pretty hefty weigh in.

Remember, The U kicked out Jermaine Grace for just being associated (and probably covering for) AQM. I guarantee you Al Golden had no say in that, and believe he is on record saying as much.
Program was on the ropes

You can disappoint a lot of people with your actions and let down more than yourself with them.

I hope this young man gets his **** together after he atones for his crimes.

Beating a pregnant woman is pretty high on the scumbag power rankings.

Advertisement
Program was on the ropes

When it comes to the NCAA, Miami has been on the ropes consistently since 1995. We have zero room to ***** up.

And my point here was not that, but that Miami as an institution can and will kick players out without any input from the HC.

And now you're handing out advice on a college football forum... Shut the f up already.

You sound jealous. I'm sure you've been very successful in life. What advice have I given on this forum, exactly?

Now, I own and operate a growing financial consulting firm. And you sound like you've already been to the beach this morning, and have come back with quite a lot of sand in your ******.

My opinion based on no facts of the case, if charges are dropped, lets hope Miami does right and puts him in concealing and a program to help him with this. Just kicking him out and turning your back on it only makes the cycle continue. Take football away while he goes through the programs and gets himself personally together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back