Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be on brand for Manny. Gotta take the good with the bad with him. Manny doesnt believe in giving up on kids who he thinks can be saved. History shows that.

That is why I keep saying Tae wasnt dismissed immediately for a reason. If he had thrown her down a flight of stairs this would be a different story..Manny and Blake want to make sure there isnt any holes in this story before making a decision.

Nobody is saying that what if the girl retracts her statement and says he didnt push her but that she slipped and fell in the midst of a scuffle and out of anger lied to the police that he pushed her to get him arrested. Anything could have happened here. Lets get all the facts before we throw this kid to the wolves.
Yep I agree with you. 1 thing that stood out was that he didn’t talk to the police and was represented by his lawyer.

Advertisement
Cursed program. Move Carter back to safety.
There is no scenario where this should be an option. Rok if this hasnt been said previously please go away.

Advertisement
Evidently how? Do tell.

Dude, you've been proving it. First off with thinking that age has anything to do with maturity. I can guarantee I knew a **** of a lot more at 23 than you do now. Further, being completely clueless to personal appearance as it relates to employment prospects tells me you have probably never worked in a professional environment, and are in zero position to be throwing stones.

In most cases I'd agree with this, but it's not going to work this way because of the narrative around it. Young man with two kids already gets hit for felony DV charges wherein you have a pregnant woman who said he threw her to the ground and she apparently has the damage to back it up.

Williams may be completely innocent but the fact of the matter is his actions put him in a situation for extremely bad optics. Miami won't tolerate that, right or wrong as that may be.
**** a narrative and the image..what’s right is right..and everyone should have the right for due process..and if the details u say are true then the program should handle accordingly..

Advertisement
Even if she drops charges still think its a 2 percent chance MIAMI will do right by him

The University of Miami gave him a chance to not only get an education he would have had limited access to if not for his football talent, but also free food, a free place to live and the opportunity to go to the league.

To this point, he has done exactly and absolutely nothing for The University of Miami.

The University of Miami owes him exactly d!ck ****.

Advertisement
Cool story

Well you seem to think you're some all-knowing deity and NO ONE could know more than you at a younger age.

So you must have been an extremely successful 23 year old who (to this day) also think major corporations allow their employees to rock dreads.

Advertisement
Not sure about this. He hasnt been suspended from the school from what I can see. He has been suspended from the football team. UM as the institution has not even weighed in yet on this. He will have some say, just not the final say.
pray

Not sure about this. He hasnt been suspended from the school from what I can see. He has been suspended from the football team. UM as the institution has not even weighed in yet on this. He will have some say, just not the final say.

I'm sure about this.

The institution did weigh in on this. They suspended Williams immediately. That's a pretty hefty weigh in.

Remember, The U kicked out Jermaine Grace for just being associated (and probably covering for) AQM. I guarantee you Al Golden had no say in that, and believe he is on record saying as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back