Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that rhetorical question was one of the first things that popped in your head after learning about this, really says a lot about you as a person honestly. As if the highly inappropriate and perverted avatar you use didn't say enough.

Lighten up. When I read his comment about what could've been said to stir such anger, it simply impressed me as someone envisioning how the altercation went down. There is an unknown element here. Your taking the statement to mean he's saying the victim is responsible for William's anger. Likely a mischaracterization, but you ain't hearing it. Once heard something about a 'high-horse' - may apply.

Advertisement
before Miami does anything let’s let details come out and give this young man a chance at due process..and I’m not just saying this cause he’s a Miami player

In most cases I'd agree with this, but it's not going to work this way because of the narrative around it. Young man with two kids already gets hit for felony DV charges wherein you have a pregnant woman who said he threw her to the ground and she apparently has the damage to back it up.

Williams may be completely innocent but the fact of the matter is his actions put him in a situation for extremely bad optics. Miami won't tolerate that, right or wrong as that may be.

I'm still hearing an excuse. By the time I was 17 I was accepted to Miami as a finance major on scholarship with plans to work on Wall Street (which I succeeded at) and not a **** person told me I should do, or how to go about, any of that. I had already worked at an accounting practice in high school. Parents didn't go to college, had lousy jobs and took no interest in my grades and I went to an outright bad public school. Who was treating me like an adult?

Personal responsibility is personal responsibility and if you're allowing exogenous factors to stunt you, then you probably weren't cut of the cloth to have personal responsibility in the first place.

Congrats on your own personal story, but individual anecdotes aren't really relevant to childhood development. It's a fact that the expectations parents and other adults in childrens' live set significantly impact the development of those children. Just because it didn't negatively impact you doesn't mean that's the norm.

Advertisement
Come on coach..they got 2.5 kids. Her parents probably told her she cant stay with them with all those kids. They want to act like grownups, they gonna be grownups. This isnt uncommon.
Okay...
My point still applies.

Why the **** you got 2.5 kids at that age when your a$$ should be worried about school and ball?

The whole situation is a dumpster fire.
Babies having babies.

I know this is totally besides the point of this thread but is this really true? Seems crazy to me. If rescinded, would you have no recourse?

Again, it's a private institution. Didn't Bill Cosby get his honorary doctorate from Temple taken back?

It would take extraordinary circumstances but there's zero reason they can't just say "we refuse to honor his diploma." My recourse could be a lawsuit but I seriously doubt a judge is in a position in a civil suit to tell a private institution they have to honor a degree if they have a reason not to.

Advertisement
Okay...
My point still applies.

Why the **** you got 2.5 kids at that age when your a$$ should be worried about school and ball?

The whole situation is a dumpster fire.
Babies having babies.
Now this I do agree with. Having 2.5 kids at 19 years old is ridiculous.

Huh? help me understand? would they upload a second mugshot? It said 3 counts agg batt on pregnant woman but under it said "warrant case no. AEO9XEE" typically to pick someone up on an arrest warrant, a report is made and a warrant is issued. That is different than say If I punch you in your **** at a bar, you call the cops, they show up and find probable cause, I am getting booked, no need for a warrant, they just fill out the affidavit.

I'd assume they'd take another photo but uploading it, especially soon... who knows. Remember, you're talking about the government here. Things don't exactly happen fast or efficiently.

My guess would be the part of the warrant is that he had a warrant and once he was arrested he'd have to face that also, but at the same time, I seriously doubt he had an active warrant and Miami admitted him, so maybe it's just an error?

Advertisement
Congrats on your own personal story, but individual anecdotes aren't really relevant to childhood development. It's a fact that the expectations parents and other adults in childrens' live set significantly impact the development of those children. Just because it didn't negatively impact you doesn't mean that's the norm.

Nor does it mean it's the rule. But the use of that logic only perpetuates the cycle.

Advertisement
This will get thrown out but he's definitely going to get suspended from the team for a few games. But remember guys there 3 sides to every story yours minds and the truth so we need more details about the situation before we judge the kid.. I went to jail for Domestic violence when my ex got mad and maced me then told the cops I was charging towards her. Domestic violence is nothing to take lightly and alot of woman need protection but in some cases they be telling straight lies and use it as a weapon against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back