Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also odd on his mugshot it said warrant arrest. That would seem to insinuate she did not call the cops when it happened, but a report was made, probable cause was identified and a warrant issued.

There are new charges. The new mugshot probably just hasn't been uploaded yet.

Advertisement
Wut??

If she has bruises on her neck and she’s 31 weeks pregnant, he needs to and will be gone like yesterday.
I guess you missed the word "immediate". Meaning UM kicked him off the team hours after he was arrested and found out what happened. Hes not dismissed as of yet and UM absolutely knows what the arrest report says. None of this is breaking news to them. PD probably called Manny or someone at UM immediately and told them what happened..So in their minds, they need more context around what happened before making a decision. CIS posters like yourself obviously dont feel the same which is fine as well.

Advertisement
OR... wait for it now.... OR... they're mature enough to act like adults regardless of how "adults" treat them, which is ADULT behavior?

If someone is treating you like a child, and you use that as an excuse to act like a child, all you've done is proven that you're a child.

I'm not talking about people using that as an excuse to act like a child. I'm talking about an epidemic of low expectations that adults have for children as they are growing up. This results in a slowing of the maturation process and more and more people acting like kids well into their adult years.

The problem is many if not most 20 year olds act like kids. And I don't mean getting high/drunk and acting a fool.
If most ppl that age act like “kids”..that means they have a very immature mind set. Imo they are still kids learning to be adults..that said this situation should not be dismissed as “he’s a kid”..at this point it seems it will be a legal individual. And just like a cop whose spouse may call authorities for a domestic situation, before Miami does anything let’s let details come out and give this young man a chance at due process..and I’m not just saying this cause he’s a Miami player

There are new charges. The new mugshot probably just hasn't been uploaded yet.
Huh? help me understand? would they upload a second mugshot? It said 3 counts agg batt on pregnant woman but under it said "warrant case no. AEO9XEE" typically to pick someone up on an arrest warrant, a report is made and a warrant is issued. That is different than say If I punch you in your **** at a bar, you call the cops, they show up and find probable cause, I am getting booked, no need for a warrant, they just fill out the affidavit.

Advertisement
Personally thinks she stops cooperating and he doesn’t get dismissed
Hate to say it, but this is definitely a possibility. Someone in her family will advise her that sending him to jail isnt going to help her... She cant afford to take care of 3 kids by herself..That said, this could be a "Chris Brown vs Rihanna" situation where they dont need her to press charges or her testimony. They have enough evidence to charge him at face.

I would be shocked if she pressed charges or pursued this but they might not need her.

Let this be a lesson to this board; not everyone is a troll. Know the sources. I get it if some person just creates an account and post some wild chit, but my boy has been on here, & knowing him & how he gets down, I knew it wasn’t cap b/c he’s not a clout chaser.

The only thing I had hoped for was the alleged incident wasn’t nearly as bad, or exaggerated, but like I said in the original thread, laces aside, I don’t care if Buddy was our #1 player, period, I gots ZERO love for putting hands on a woman, ESPECIALLY one who’s carrying ur baby! There is literally no reason, including if she’s just wilding w/ the mouth calling u all out ur name, to get to that point. And I swear to God, I better not hear a chit excuse about CTE.

I’m done w/ bro if all what’s alleged is true, and the needle is pointing that way.
Thank you!! People always calling someone a troll for information provided. Smh

Advertisement
I'm not talking about people using that as an excuse to act like a child. I'm talking about an epidemic of low expectations that adults have for children as they are growing up. This results in a slowing of the maturation process and more and more people acting like kids well into their adult years.

I'm still hearing an excuse. By the time I was 17 I was accepted to Miami as a finance major on scholarship with plans to work on Wall Street (which I succeeded at) and not a **** person told me I should do, or how to go about, any of that. I had already worked at an accounting practice in high school. Parents didn't go to college, had lousy jobs and took no interest in my grades and I went to an outright bad public school. Who was treating me like an adult?

Personal responsibility is personal responsibility and if you're allowing exogenous factors to stunt you, then you probably weren't cut of the cloth to have personal responsibility in the first place.

Why is a young college athlete living with (and impregnating) some chick in the first place?

One of the main rules when playing college ball is - LEAVE THESE H0ES ALONE!!!
Focus on books and ball.
Come on coach..they got 2.5 kids. Her parents probably told her she cant stay with them with all those kids. They want to act like grownups, they gonna be grownups. This isnt uncommon.

****...football aside, this sucks. Gotta be smart and try to avoid these type of situations man.
Gotta be smart and avoid these types of situations? A situation like assaulting a pregnant woman? Pregnant with his baby. This is a little more than just avoiding a situation don't you think?

Advertisement
I am 23 years old and I can say for sure: People who are 19/20 years should be held accountable for everything they do.

Theres two types of people that I know in that age group from 19-25: The ones who started making money and started to work early on and the ones who didnt. Guess who is more mature and makes better decisions?

You're talking about how a private institution works. I could **** someone in the administration off and they could just rescind my diploma today, 15 years after graduating. The reality in this situation is that it absolutely can be that simple, and for the most part will be.

Miami's lawyers will get a hold of the police report and evidence. If there's photos showing serious injuries, he's gone.
I know this is totally besides the point of this thread but is this really true? Seems crazy to me. If rescinded, would you have no recourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back