Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
According to what Manny Navarro just posted.. I see why they didnt dismiss him immediately. (Not saying they wont eventually, but that doesnt sound like immediate dismissal, no due diligence needed, level stuff. Could be holes in the story that need to be filled in first before making a perm decision)

The two got into an argument Wednesday over Williams “being involved with another woman,” the report said. “When I return from practice you need to be gone,” he allegedly told the woman.

But when he returned in the afternoon, she was still packing her belongings. According to police, Williams grabbed her by the hair and throw her onto the bed. “Get the f--k out,” he yelled, the report said.

Advertisement
Stop. I’m tired of seeing CTE as a reason thrown out there for any athlete in a contact sport being violent, making stupid choices or just being a poor human being.
I 100% agree. Just pointing out the irony in the reaction to Williams vs Walton when they both beat their pregnant girlfriends. Same thing, much different reactions.

Advertisement
Agg Battery (if i am reading the book-in report and charges correctly), typically requires injury. I hate to write this but if injuries exist we are well beyond the “he said she said” stage. This is very serious charge, especially against a pregnant person, and will be prosecuted vigorously. A lot can happen and a lot can change but this young man is facing serious prison time. Football is the least of his concerns right now.
I looked up the statute in Florida just because I was curious of the difference and in Florida Agg. Battery is the charge for a simple battery against a pregnant person you knew or should know is pregnant. That of course does not rule out serious injury, but it could also be simple battery that gets bumped up because of the fact she is pregnant. Also odd on his mugshot it said warrant arrest. That would seem to insinuate she did not call the cops when it happened, but a report was made, probable cause was identified and a warrant issued.

According to what Manny Navarro just posted.. I see why they didnt dismiss him immediately. (Not saying they wont eventually, but that doesnt sound like immediate dismissal, no due diligence needed, level stuff. Could be holes in the story that need to be filled in first before making a perm decision)

Wut??

If she has bruises on her neck and she’s 31 weeks pregnant, he needs to and will be gone like yesterday.

And they arrest for one count of misdemeanor DV. Not three counts on felony DV.

They only need one charge to arrest. There is absolutely zero point to falsify other charges short of independent motives.

Come on with this nonsense.
It's not a lower standard, it's discretion taken away from officers for lower charges.

Try arresting someone w/o probable cause and the amount of lawsuits from morally and financially bankrupted lawyers will be a dime a dozen. Not to mention civil rights investigations from the DOJ.

Pretty sad when the local jail doesn't have to take a new mugshot when they book you, but instead just use a previous mugshot. Hence my comment about this kid being a poor decision making machine. It was a miracle he ever made it onto Miami's campus and it would have been a bigger miracle if he ever stepped on the field. This should surprise absolutely nobody.
If he already had a checkered history and his poor judgment was so glaringly obvious then perhaps we shouldn’t have taken a chance on the guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The two got into an argument Wednesday over Williams “being involved with another woman,” the report said. “When I return from practice you need to be gone,” he allegedly told the woman.

But when he returned in the afternoon, she was still packing her belongings. According to police, Williams grabbed her by the hair and throw her onto the bed. “Get the f--k out,” he yelled, the report said.
Dude is a predator on society.

When you call them kids, that likely means you think of them as kids, which likely means you treat them like kids. When you do that, you set expectations too low and it stunts the maturation process.

OR... wait for it now.... OR... they're mature enough to act like adults regardless of how "adults" treat them, which is ADULT behavior?

If someone is treating you like a child, and you use that as an excuse to act like a child, all you've done is proven that you're a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back