Avantae Williams in Jail (now dismissed from team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. He’s already a father, too. I know people jump to “what a wasted opportunity”, which sure that’s a thing, but if what is alleged is what has happened he’s destroying lives, not just a career.
saw a report saying he pushed her, because she was preg the cops will say anything and HAVE to arrest him, lets hope he doesnt get charged.

Advertisement
Doesn't work that way. They will do their diligence before he gets dismissed, but I'd bet it happens by the end of the day. Remember, Miami has at least an attorney, probably several, either on staff or on retainer specifically to deal with issues like this.
It does in extreme cases. Better believe if there was a video of him beating the victim and now she’s in the hospital unconscious he would’ve been immediately dismissed.

He may still be dismissed but it is something that he’s just been suspended. Either UM doesn’t have intel to act or it may be a he said she said.

An aggravated battery on a pregnant could be as bad as beating on a knowingly pregnant woman or any unlawful touching of a woman who is clearly pregnant or you know to be pregnant.

I’ve represented plenty of guys that were arrested because the argument got heated and they got in each other’s face and cops take him.

Then the victim changes her mind later.

Last year I thought X. Howard of the Dolphins was done based on the allegations and he survived so we’ll see.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It does in extreme cases. Better believe if there was a video of him beating the victim and now she’s in the hospital unconscious he would’ve been immediately dismissed.

He may still be dismissed but it is something that he’s just been suspended. Either UM doesn’t have intel to act or it may be a he said she said.

An aggravated battery on a pregnant could be as bad as bearing on a knowingly pregnant woman or any unlawful touching of a woman who is clearly pregnant or you know to be pregnant.
exactly, he could have gave her a pat on the back and the police would have said he pushed her if she was the one that called the cops.. wait for details of the truth before assuming

1626958781428.jpeg

Advertisement
Little info for y’all if there is a domestic call someone is getting arrested no matter what no way around it. Hope this not true for the fact that he already has 2 kids and the fact that she is pregnant makes the abuse even worse hope she is ok

Bearing in mind it happened overnight and it's just the beginning of the day, hence Miami probably doesn't have enough proof. This is also something I'd assume Blake James has to get involved in as a matter of policy, and I'd guess he's in Charlotte right now.

Advertisement
You do not get charged with 3 Felonies without convincing evidence....ESPECIALLY with crimes of this Nature....For them to throw him in Jail....I promise you...there was substantial proof...
Not at all true. With domestic violence cases, cops have a lower standard and pretty much are forced to arrest after any accusation. He hasn’t been charged yet, just arrested. The state will investigate the case over the next few weeks and decide if and what they charge him with

Shut the **** up.

The fact that rhetorical question was one of the first things that popped in your head after learning about this, really says a lot about you as a person honestly. As if the highly inappropriate and perverted avatar you use didn't say enough.

Advertisement
Not at all true. With domestic violence cases, cops have a lower standard and pretty much are forced to arrest after any accusation.

And they arrest for one count of misdemeanor DV. Not three counts on felony DV.

They only need one charge to arrest. There is absolutely zero point to falsify other charges short of independent motives.

Come on with this nonsense.

Some of the comments on here are baffling. Half of you live in a clown world. Social decay is real.

Quick lesson for the "let it play out crowd" standards for arrest is probable cause, standards for conviction is beyond a reasonable doubt. Discipline from Miami is alot lower standard.

I wanted to see Avantae and James play together more than anyone here. But you can't have this dude on your sideline.

Good ppl make mistakes all the time but this is not a weed charge, a disorderly conduct charge, or even a simple battery charge. It is 3 counts of aggravated battery on a pregnant woman. That is extremely disturbing.

Zero tolerance for crimes of that nature.

One thing I know about DV in south Florida is it doesn't matter what really happened... If a female calls the police and say you ran her over and she wants to press charges your *** is going to jail regardless..... His whole situation can vanish simply by her going to clerk of courts and dropping the charges... Which I guarantee
If that baby dies or is born premature and has brain damage she can try to drop anything she wants but the state is throwing every **** legal book imaginable at him. If she has serious signs of abuse and trauma, if there was witnesses, if there was any video or audio evidence, he’s done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back