Austin-Cave breaks down UM commitment, plans to enroll early

Advertisement
Agree that Cave is a beast. I really want us to get one of Hyppolite or Flowe in the class. That would be enough talent to replace the guys we have graduating.

Shaq and Pinckney (and McCloud and Finley) may not be at the Lewis or Vilma level. But they've spoiled us with their leadership and All-ACC play. We need some kids who can take the hand-off when the baton is passed.

One thing our committed backers have in common is they are all tackling machines at this level. Between Austin-Cave and the kid from Texas, they have a combined 7,000 tackles their junior year. I wonder if that is coincidence or if the staff is valuing proven productivity over potential and measurables. What do y'all think??

Doesn’t seem that they are prioritizing one over the other. It’s nice to have both and not pick one or the other.

Austin-Cave has both great measurables and great production.

Flagg was productive but doesn’t have the measurables. I think he’s more the exception.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the 3 LB’s we’ve managed to get commitments out of for 2020, when you include Joyner, Brooks, and Huff it’s looking like we’ll be more set at these positions than previously thought. There will be plenty of playing time to be had and competition will weed out those not ready to take the helm yet. I think we’ll also have good enough backups to spell the starters when needed. All in all, I'm not as worried at the LB spots more than others are.

Advertisement
Texas AM just offered him and CIS staff retweeted it. Should we be worried @Stefan Adams
AED71BA1-AFEB-4D18-91AA-ACE1B0897324.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back