Austin Barber

Completely disagree , I see no way he plays a lot on next years ol. It’ll be the deepest and most talented since golden.

Deep as in bodies? Because next years OL is still duct tape and JB weld.

Zion and Gaynor are literally the only sure things on the line next year. The battle for 2nd / 3rd / and 4th OT is between 2 guards and an OT who isn't physically ready.

Landing an starting OT in the portal would put this OL is a much better position next year.

Campbell -- has been benched multiple times and doesn't have a position
Reed --.......show me something
Scaife --(I want to believe he bounces back and puts it together next year)
Donaldson --(sure he looked good in the 1 game out of 2 years, but he has to stay healthy too)
Clark --......has not looked good
Rivers -- Really like his upside but he has no XP. Could really change the OL dynamic if he can play OT, i'm projecting him at OG.
Walker -- Feely would need to work wonders to make this kid serviceable for next year
Herbert -- nope
Washington Not expecting anything from him till year 3
Hillery --nope
ElGammal -- Needs time, reserving judgement.
Big baby is only one i see pushing for a few reserve role reps out of the incoming freshmen.

Advertisement

Zion and Gaynor are literally the only sure things on the line next year. The battle for 2nd / 3rd / and 4th OT is between 2 guards and an OT who isn't physically ready.

Landing an starting OT in the portal would put this OL is a much better position next year.

Donaldson --(sure he looked good in the 1 game out of 2 years, but he has to stay healthy too)
Rivers -- Really like his upside but he has no XP. Could really change the OL dynamic if he can play OT, i'm projecting him at OG.
Walker -- Feely would need to work wonders to make this kid serviceable for next year
Herbert -- nope
Hillery --nope
Big baby is only one i see pushing for a few reserve role reps out of the incoming freshmen.
Thanks f4 your opinion!...now give us some facts and not what you see!

Herbert -- nope
Hillery --nope
Duct tape? Nah. Go watch last years film if you want that.

Campbell has been hurt multiple times. Washington will be ready to go next year easily, walker as well. He needed a little strength but he had other issues to get right that had nothing to do with football.

The ol is nowhere as bad as some of y’all think , it’s still young and improving. 90% of the board wanted Zion thrown in the trash after last year , right up until he was inserted back in the lineup.

We’ll have 7-8 very reliable guys going into next years team, majority older cats. Throwing Fr in to starting roles or the rotation rarely works , the position is dominated by upperclassmen or maybe some second year guys and for a reason. It’s grown men. Only beyond special freshmen start and play well in big boy football. If Rivers isn’t getting much pt or starting Lawrence definitely won’t. Rivers was far more physically ready. Lawrence might not even be 6’2 lol, I love him as a prospect but he needs time like most ol.

We’re finally g to a spot where we have quality upperclassmen that’s gotten a ton of snaps as babies.

This is a crazy upgrade to previous years.
Nelson
Gaynor
Scaife
Campbell
Clark
ND
Traore
Washington
Walker
Rivers

Thanks f4 your opinion!...now give us some facts and not what you see!

What "facts" lead you to believe we have a deep oline. When most games this year we've only rotated 6 and one of those is leaving. I haven't seen snap counts on every game but we had a game this year where the OL with the 6th most snaps had 3 snaps all game. But somehow we're going to be deep next year?

Campbell has been hurt multiple times. Washington will be ready to go next year easily, walker as well. He needed a little strength but he had other issues to get right that had nothing to do with football.

The ol is nowhere as bad as some of y’all think , it’s still young and improving. 90% of the board wanted Zion thrown in the trash after last year , right up until he was inserted back in the lineup.

We’ll have 7-8 very reliable guys going into next years team, majority older cats. Throwing Fr in to starting roles or the rotation rarely works , the position is dominated by upperclassmen or maybe some second year guys and for a reason. It’s grown men. Only beyond special freshmen start and play well in big boy football. If Rivers isn’t getting much pt or starting Lawrence definitely won’t. Rovers was far more physically ready. Lawrence might not even be 6’2 lol, I love him as a prospect but he needs time like most ol.

We’re finally g to a spot where we have quality upperclassmen that’s gotten a ton of snaps as babies.

Nelson
Gaynor
Scaife
Campbell
Clark
ND
Traore
Washington
Walker
Rivers
Upgrade on paper i'll give you. We could be really good but we're also one OT in injury away from musical out of position chairs again.

Advertisement
Upgrade on paper i'll give you. We could be really good but we're also one OT in injury away from musical out of position chairs again.
Scaife back to tackle makes the most sense. It’s his natural position.

Then seymore and Rodriguez could get spot duty like rivers. If Rivers moves to tackle then maybe things change with Seymore .There’s also guys that’ll transfer which makes things interesting.

I just don’t see them starting , rotation is the absolute ceiling and that’s pushing it. That’s just my opinion. But I’ve been wrong before.

What "facts" lead you to believe we have a deep oline. When most games this year we've only rotated 6 and one of those is leaving. I haven't seen snap counts on every game but we had a game this year where the OL with the 6th most snaps had 3 snaps all game. But somehow we're going to be deep next year?
The same theory of why you u think we will have bad oline, can be stated the other way f4 a good oline. Another year w/ justice, 2nd w/feely, individual work. Jus because we haven't heard from da pups doesnt mean there jags!

Need to get to the point where we have the 3/4/5 year guys on the field at OL. That’s how you do it. When I look at recruiting the past 2-3 years, we are getting there. We will have the upper class OL who can keep even really good young OL in development mode. That ND OL that beat Clemson was all 4/5 year players.

The same theory of why you u think we will have bad oline, can be stated the other way f4 a good oline. Another year w/ justice, 2nd w/feely, individual work. Jus because we haven't heard from da pups doesnt mean there jags!
I'm not saying they're bad. Unproven, and still short on true OT's. Don't get me wrong i really like the potential but life comes at you fast week 1 vs bama. Bama's 2nd team OL would still probably be better than our starters. That's what i'm measuring against, not ACC quality OL but Playoff quality OL.

Advertisement
I'm not saying they're bad. Unproven, and still short on true OT's. Don't get me wrong i really like the potential but life comes at you fast week 1 vs bama. Bama's 2nd team OL would still probably be better than our starters. That's what i'm measuring against, not ACC quality OL but Playoff quality OL.
Oh i hear u, but that's da problem acc quality has been beating and losing to bama....CLEMSON so acc quality right now is da standard because clemson has a more recent title then clemson...**** bama isn't even da reigning champ in its conference!...we kno what real elite looks like and its a good thing we played clemson it helps us 2 kno what to expect game 1 in 21'

We’ll have 7-8 very reliable guys going into next years team, majority older cats. Throwing Fr in to starting roles or the rotation rarely works , the position is dominated by upperclassmen or maybe some second year guys and for a reason. It’s grown men. Only beyond special freshmen start and play well in big boy football. If Rivers isn’t getting much pt or starting Lawrence definitely won’t. Rivers was far more physically ready. Lawrence might not even be 6’2 lol, I love him as a prospect but he needs time like most ol.

Nelson
Gaynor
Scaife
Campbell
Clark
ND
Traore
Washington
Walker
Rivers
man i'm not the most positive about our OL over the last few years and even i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. With Washington, Walker, Rivers, Zion.......we got some big bodies to throw at those tackle positions and Campbell can still work on putting it together. Inside we got Clark and Gaynor at center and maybe even Scaife can swing there. And guards Clark (if he isn't center), Donaldson, Seymore........and we still have 3 other recruits. Its a position that is starting to look alot better than the mess we had just a short year or so ago. Getting Rivers and Walker and having Clark play from day 1 has been huge for numbers. **** if we could replicate this at CB i'd be ecstatic.

Nelson
Gaynor
Scaife
Campbell
Clark
ND
Traore
Washington
Walker
Rivers
what do the coaches think of Washington? Has he been showing flashes?

Advertisement
what do the coaches think of Washington? Has he been showing flashes?
I personally haven’t been told anything or asked but I’ve heard a few comments in interviews, he came in more physically ready than they expected ( 6’7 300) and he moves really well for that size. Him being as high as he is on the depth chart for being a true Fr tells a lot.

I will say last year they felt like he was a steal.

I personally haven’t been told anything or asked but I’ve heard a few comments in interviews, he came in more physically ready than they expected ( 6’7 300) and he moves really well for that size. Him being as high as he is on the depth chart for being a true Fr tells a lot.

I will say last year they felt like he was a steal.
Definitely a steal. I watched him play once last year and twice as a junior. Granted his team sucked and they didn’t play many teams with legit prospects to draw anyone out.

The guy I was with watching last year is big in the Nashville area on recruiting and 7v7 (founded the Dream Team that Keyshawn Lawrence played on) and Georgia, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Auburn, and Texas was there watching Quenton Barnes and Adonai Mitchell (2 big time WRs from Cane Ridge in TN). While I was standing there with him James Coley and Cortez Hankton from UGA, Tee Martin, Derrick Nix, Kodi Burns, and Drew Mehringer all approached him and asked who the LT on Overton was.

He told them all he was locked into Miami and they had no chance because Miami was the only school that gave him early interest. Auburn wanted him badly after that and tried several times before ESD.

Advertisement
Big Baby is playing a lot 1st year and starting year 2. The other 2 will be playing a lot year 2. Austin is too much of a project. Better go get a portal guy for a couple years.

Here is Austin 's TCHS vs AH. He is the big guy in white, you can guess his Jersey number. Watch the whole game.

Go Canes

Big Baby is playing a lot 1st year and starting year 2. The other 2 will be playing a lot year 2. Austin is too much of a project. Better go get a portal guy for a couple years.
Have u watched the top programs. Very rarely do lineman play day 1 and big baby isn't gonna play early here. Also checking have u seen barbers film csz dude checks all the boxes

Have u watched the top programs. Very rarely do lineman play day 1 and big baby isn't gonna play early here. Also checking have u seen barbers film csz dude checks all the boxes
He'll be getting reps 1st year and so will Rodriguez. McLaughlin not till year 2. Extremely happy with the 3 we have and just not enamored with Austin.

Advertisement
Back