Austin Barber

Big Baby is playing a lot 1st year and starting year 2. The other 2 will be playing a lot year 2. Austin is too much of a project. Better go get a portal guy for a couple years.
Barber isn't a project, he's more technically sound then Big Baby or McLaughlin. Right now he just needs to get bigger and stronger with Feeley. Barber will likely be a multi year starter for us.

Advertisement
This wasn't even a bad video... He won 2/3 of 4 reps. In a competition like this the DL always has the advantage. I've seen numerous 5 Star future ALL Conference Starters get the business in these drills, it means nothing
One day, maybe sometime around the time when the campus is moved to Davie after the sea swallows the city of Miami, we will all collectively realize that the OL-DL drills from these camp tapes aren't predictive.

Bar
And other video, too. The three OL we have committed now are great gets. This guy is a project. I'd rather go portal here.

Game film speaks louder than camp film... there's a difference between the 2 with this kid. He puts the pads on and turns into a different type of animal. And that's most important.

In this video he's playing LT which is probably not his best position. I see him more as a RT/RG. He's going to be a filthy run blocker.

Advertisement
Reshaping the OL is the single most important need on this team. The only way we can compete vs the big boys for titles is to fix the OL. We have to lay the foundation. Last year was a good start. We need 3 years in a row of similar recruiting.
I can't echo this enough. We don't take that next step as a playoff-contending team until we have hogs upfront who can move DL around at will. It will be a beautiful day when our OL can maul a Clemson, Bama, OSU DL and leave them hunched over gasping for air and frustrated that they are non-factors. That's when we are truly back to dominance.

To have the confidence in our OL to run the ball when we want to, convert on 3rd and 4th and short, and win the goal line stands is massive.

Barber isn't a project, he's more technically sound then Big Baby or McLaughlin. Right now he just needs to get bigger and stronger with Feeley. Barber will likely be a multi year starter for us.
Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. You always got to go with coaches opinion and if they feel he's a get then all for it. Still having nightmares from Loftus, Mahoney and Milo.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As of right now and I were betting

Zion
ND
Gaynor
Rivers
Campbell

There’s a couple youngsters to keep an eye especially on right side. I need to see something from walker to even think about him.

Not arguing with your depth chart. Seems perfectly plausible to me.

On the other hand, Campbell needs to show he's taken another step like Nelson has. It's very possible Rivers needs to step in there, in which case Seymore could be an immediate part of the lineup. Also, OL are injury prone. He'll be #5-8 coming out of camp, so could easily be drafted into service early if a couple guys go down at the same time.

I don't think we need a portal OL personally. I FINALLY like the depth we have along the line. I'd rather take a kid like Barber that Justice really wants even if he doesn't need to contribute in year 1 or 2.

There is nothing wrong with having high ceiling developmental guys like Walker, Washington and Barber. It's rare that a BCS semifinalist team has a TF starter. I know it happens, but it's rare. You want your 3rd, 4th and 5th year guys to man the OL trenches.

As of right now and I were betting

Zion
ND
Gaynor
Rivers
Campbell

There’s a couple youngsters to keep an eye especially on right side. I need to see something from walker to even think about him.

scaife on the bench?

Advertisement
No take a kid like Barber that Justice really wants even if he doesn't need to contribute in year 1 or 2.
scaife on the bench?
Pretty much him or rivers. , I honestly thought I put six with scaife. I’m really tripping on here today. Imo it’ll be 5 of those six. With the odd man out being the rotational guy. Honestly I’d like scaife to get his shot at tackle where he’s a better fit.

Pretty much him or rivers. , I honestly thought I put six with scaife. I’m really tripping on here today. Imo it’ll be 5 of those six. With the odd man out being the rotational guy. Honestly I’d like scaife yo get his shot at tackle where he’s a better fit.

I think Campbell, Rivers or Scaife can all be swing guys.

Advertisement
Back